Bows are WAY too accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe horse archers will miss some shots, but forest bandits for example will not miss that often, and they are just supposed to be some low level bandits with bows.

Battania Archers will destroy anything.

Forest bandits have 150 Bow skill, they are actually one of the better archers in the game.

No. On horseback the speed measures how accurate they are.
Thanks cap. The point being is that you as player have no input there. If aiming reticle would be swaying, you could still lose an arrow at right time, but instead it's just a "shotgun" with a change of spread depending on speed.

Last edited:
I'll copy paste this from another thread I responded to.

Archery accuracy should be nerfed at lower levels and then scale up. Right now archery is too good at lower levels. It took a lot of training to train good archers, which is why crossbows became so popular. Archery damage should also be scaled back with lower level bows / arrows and scaled up for higher tier. It feels like all bows and arrows are sort of in the middle, and there is no real incentive to buy the best stuff.

I just hope they change javelins to be more effective against shields. If you have a shield with three javelins in it, that shield should be useless. I'm fine with this just being represented by javelins dealing extra damage to shields. Let them do 100 damage to a shield.
As for bows. Scaling the time you have before your aim worsens and the time it takes to get the smallest reticle would do a lot.
I'd also love it if the reticle stayed the same size but instead started wavering around, I dislike the Rng mechanic of a larger reticle.
A low level bow player can still be accurate, but only for a very short time and it would be a lot more difficult to lead on a moving target.
You can still shoot fast, but at the cost of accuracy.

Forest bandits have 150 Bow skill, they are actually one of the better archers in the game.
Bushwackers have something like 40, there are just a couple of forest bandits in forest bandits parties. The fact Is that lower skill just means worse Gear: accuracy Is always 100% at maximum now range.
They solved the matter for looters by lowering Stones accuracy...It means modded looters with 300 throwing has similar accuracy of looters with 40 throwing.
Right now AI accuracy doesn't work much but It Is simulated by Gear requirement and player accuracy at low levels Is too high.

Bushwackers have something like 40, there are just a couple of forest bandits in forest bandits parties. The fact Is that lower skill just means worse Gear: accuracy Is always 100% at maximum now range.
They solved the matter for looters by lowering Stones accuracy...It means modded looters with 300 throwing has similar accuracy of looters with 40 throwing.
Right now AI accuracy doesn't work much but It Is simulated by Gear requirement and player accuracy at low levels Is too high.

Solved? Looters still hit you damn well even when you're riding on horseback. And the stones still do too much damage to armored targets.

Most people here are f1 + f3 player and they unit die by their archer and cry and post PLS NERF ARCHER. pftt git gud

Uhm. "They unit die by their archer" is somewhat cryptic, but if I understand what you are saying you are implying that archers are a problem players can't deal with. The point made in this thread is actually the opposite, archers in the player's hand make the game trivial. I hope that clarifies it for you.

Solved? Looters still hit you damn well even when you're riding on horseback. And the stones still do too much damage to armored targets.

Agreed, it's better than it was but it's still silly.

I noticed that looters miss when they throw stones at max range (regardless their skill because stone accuracy nerf) and killing them as horse archer it is far easier. You had to snipe them from max distance before they starting throwing at you, now you have more time before moving away. They are still 100% accurate from short and medium throwing range so if you melee doesn't change too much.

Seriously, Looters are ridiculous. I'm sick of the LASER GUIDED rock throws from Looters who can hit me at long range while I'm moving full speed on my horse at an oblique angle 3 out of 4 times, let alone anything more dangerous from other enemies.

And yeah, if others are even close to that good with javelins and bows it's terrifying. Especially given the AI's predisposition to target the PC instead of other troops on the field.

Seriously, Looters are ridiculous. I'm sick of the LASER GUIDED rock throws from Looters who can hit me at long range while I'm moving full speed on my horse at an oblique angle 3 out of 4 times, let alone anything more dangerous from other enemies.

And yeah, if others are even close to that good with javelins and bows it's terrifying. Especially given the AI's predisposition to target the PC instead of other troops on the field.

Yeah the AI definitely has ballistics researched ^^

Do you understand that irl mongol archers skill were ranked by their ability to shoot from full gallop and split the arrow in two on a stationary blade?
Do you understand that irl saracen archer was required that they could shoot 3 arrows within 1.5 seconds?

Do you understand that irl mongol archers skill were ranked by their ability to shoot from full gallop and split the arrow in two on a stationary blade?
Do you understand that irl saracen archer was required that they could shoot 3 arrows within 1.5 seconds?
Have you ever shot a real bow dude? i'm not talking a compound bow either

Doubt...

I think we need to separate realism and good gameplay. In reality arrows do very little against full armour (see Tod's Workshop, ARROWS vs ARMOUR - Medieval Myth Busting on YouTube).

Of course just having arrows bounce off fully armoured soldiers until you get a lucky critical hit isn't a fun gameplay mechanic, so you'd make something like a headshot be a consistent critical hit. I think body shots do too much damage on armoured targets in general.

And the accuracy/speed seems way too good at low levels. I recognise that having arrows fly all over the shop with huge bloom would be rather annoying, so I think you should be able to be accurate but only by sacrificing a lot of speed - so much slower animations/reloading and where you're also having to take seconds for the reticle to reduce with a short window before it gets bigger again. So you're really working for that accurate shot. I've seen way too many 18 skill archers streaming where there's no discernable difference. In a game where so much emphasis is placed on earning everything, archery seems rather like something imported from an Elder Scrolls game only they took out most of the damage scaling.
Do you mean that they do very little damage against plate armor? Which doesnt exist in the game. Mongol warbow could kill armored target upto 400m.

Back
Top Bottom