Bows are WAY too accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

This is very noticeable in the practice fights. My character with 5 skill can reliably get headshots. This is crazy. If your baseline for how accurate bows are is to take a professional and put them on a range and tell them to make bulls eyes you get it into your head that bows are incredibly accurate. That is just it though, it is not credible.

They are, and what's worse is that it's not just a few bows, all of them are. That was an issue in Warband as well, but there at least you needed to invest skill points to see a return. Here anyone can pick up a bow and go pew pew. Really not a fan.

No the bows suck, the unit's personal aim is too good for skill they have. I feel like this and melee ease of use must be left over from the demo builds and multiplayer. You start out pretty darn good at everything and then barely even improve with 100+ skill and perks building up.

I don't think bows are too accurate, it's just that skills have too little effect on how combat works. I was just about as accurate with my bow skill of 20 as i am with 110.

Yah, archery skill really needs to be more of a factor. A thing I liked from Warband was that feeling of progress as your character went from a beginner at archery to a master who could head shot crossbowmen on a castle's walls from the ground.

I also feel like bows need a bit of a damage buff. At least the really high level ones. I purchased a 290,000 denar Noble Bow and it still takes two or three shots to kill anyone wearing decent armor. In Warband we had Power Draw and could eventually reach a point, through a lot of effort, where we could one shot most things. There should be a way to replicate that in Bannerlord.

Yah, archery skill really needs to be more of a factor. A thing I liked from Warband was that feeling of progress as your character went from a beginner at archery to a master who could head shot crossbowmen on a castle's walls from the ground.

I also feel like bows need a bit of a damage buff. At least the really high level ones. I purchased a 290,000 denar Noble Bow and it still takes two or three shots to kill anyone wearing decent armor. In Warband we had Power Draw and could eventually reach a point, through a lot of effort, where we could one shot most things. There should be a way to replicate that in Bannerlord.

And this applies to melee skills too imo. But i don't agree with the more damage thing. People in the heaviest armor available should be able to take at least 2-3 arrows. Another thing i like is that the damage of arrows drops off a lot depending on the distance.

Yep, every bow from T2 onward is basically a sniper rifle. The T1 bow feels fine in terms of accuracy for the bow itself.

Bow skill level needs to affect accuracy more. Right now the bow itself is far and away the biggest determinant of accuracy.

They also need to greatly increase the initial aim time for bows so that the targeting reticle/area dials in slower. Right now it's way too fast and this allows archers to 360 no-scope everyone (especially the cavalry that just charged through them) and shoot full accuracy shots in rapid fire mode.

And this applies to melee skills too imo. But i don't agree with the more damage thing. People in the heaviest armor available should be able to take at least 2-3 arrows. Another thing i like is that the damage of arrows drops off a lot depending on the distance.

If it didn't cost me more than all the armor myself and my entire retinue of companions is worth combined I might agree with you.

But that is an insanely expensive bow. Over thirty times more expensive than the next most expensive bow. If I am dropping that kind of cash it better be a massive improvement and do something spectacular.

Aside from that it is also just kind of unsatisfying to build a dedicated archer and still not be able to kill most troops in one shot with a top quality war bow.

If it didn't cost me more than all the armor myself and my entire retinue of companions is worth combined I might agree with you.

But that is an insanely expensive bow. Over thirty times more expensive than the next most expensive bow. If I am dropping that kind of cash it better be a massive improvement and do something spectacular.

Aside from that it is also just kind of unsatisfying to build a dedicated archer and still not be able to kill most troops in one shot with a top quality war bow.

Yeah it should cost less and be more common i guess. Never seen that bow myself.

I don't know which bows are you guys using, but to me bows are like something of average accuracy. I have my bow skill is about 70-80, and when I stand still - yes, ut is accurate, just the way it should be with that skill level. When I move - It is hard to hit a single standing target. When I ride the horse at full speed - I hit the target in about 40% cases.

So, I honestly don't know what OP accuracy are you taking about here.

I feel like the multiplayer use of bows is fine. In singleplayer the NPCs are too accurate though.

I feel like the multiplayer use of bows is fine. In singleplayer the NPCs are too accurate though.
The NPCs might be sharpshooters, yes, but the TS is talking about the playable character himself, that it is very easy for him to make headshots and stuff. I wouldn't agree, tbh, and I've explained why.

I got a "noble long bow" from marrying a chick that had it equipped, I don't dare imagine how expensive it would be to buy since I can get about 300k selling it, IIRC. It's supposed to do over 90 or 100 damage, not sure anymore, and with about 150 skill I'm not one shotting most units (except with headshots).

I think the skills should give more noticeable progress, where your aim would be absolute crap, draw speed low, damage and projectile speed slow, in the beginning, and all of those factors would get better as you skill up. Troops should have a skill standing in-between a character's beginnings and uber-state of end-game.

Back
Top Bottom