SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

You can use console commands to change the age of your character.
If you don't want to play with realism, then use cheats to be ageless.

I don't understand the want for this but it doesn't coincide with the rest of the games mechanics, ie: clans, lineages, etc.

Not even the Steam store page mentions 'generational gameplay', aging, having kids...:

'MUH CORE FEATURE!'

You realize every other M&B never burdened players with this restrictive in-game life span time limit, right? If you want to play with realism, you should have to play with battle death on, be subjected to permanent injuries, take months to recover and heal from significant wounds, take time out for sleep and bowel movements...

Yet these restrictions aren't forced on players, and were never a part of previous Mount & Blade games...

Last edited:
You can use console commands to change the age of your character.
If you don't want to play with realism, then use cheats to be ageless.

I don't understand the want for this but it doesn't coincide with the rest of the games mechanics, ie: clans, lineages, etc.
Do you always resort to using cheat to solve your problems? Not my cup of tea, but you do you.

Anyway, clans, lineages, etc. aren't the main selling points of this game. They're extra features. Battle death also doesn't coincide with those features, and yet it's optional.

I don't understand why people are so against having extra options in the game. If you don't understand the want for this, you're too close-minded. People aren't robots. They have their own thoughts, and sometimes, those thoughts are different than yours. You don't have to do everything the game tells you to do.

Do you always resort to using cheat to solve your problems? Not my cup of tea, but you do you.

Anyway, clans, lineages, etc. aren't the main selling points of this game. They're extra features. Battle death also doesn't coincide with those features, and yet it's optional.

I don't understand why people are so against having extra options in the game. If you don't understand the want for this, you're too close-minded. People aren't robots. They have their own thoughts, and sometimes, those thoughts are different than yours. You don't have to do everything the game tells you to do.

Clans aren't an extra feature and they're not optional. There is a tab and inbuilt mechanics specifically for clans. The battle death option is more for difficulty than anything else (which is why it's located underneath the rest of the difficulty settings), since it doesn't remove death from the game.
Childbirth and clan lineages are there to counteract the fact that every character ages and eventually dies regardless of player interaction, which is an improvement over the previous M&B games where in long campaigns characters just lost stats with old age and nothing else.

Age has always been in M&B, so if you want to bypass it then you'll just have to use console commands. TW isn't going to add a toggle to something that relies on other mechanics to work since that's cheating. In this instance, you want to cheat old age.
If you're lucky TW might introduce a cheat menu like what was in previous titles but for now I wouldn't count on them adding a cheat toggle.

Clans aren't an extra feature and they're not optional. There is a tab and inbuilt mechanics specifically for clans. The battle death option is more for difficulty than anything else (which is why it's located underneath the rest of the difficulty settings), since it doesn't remove death from the game.
Childbirth and clan lineages are there to counteract the fact that every character ages and eventually dies regardless of player interaction, which is an improvement over the previous M&B games where in long campaigns characters just lost stats with old age and nothing else.

Age has always been in M&B, so if you want to bypass it then you'll just have to use console commands. TW isn't going to add a toggle to something that relies on other mechanics to work since that's cheating. In this instance, you want to cheat old age.
If you're lucky TW might introduce a cheat menu like what was in previous titles but for now I wouldn't count on them adding a cheat toggle.
Clan are extra features. You can play the whole game without touching the clan function. Sure, they're not optional since they can't be remove, but death is. And I don't see why ageing can't be optional when death is. In fact, death isnt even in the game right now. You can't die from old age atm.

And as you said, "childbirth and clan lineages are there to counteract the fact that every character ages and eventually dies", if characters don't age. Then there's no reason for people to touch childbirth and clan lineages. So, if ageing becomes optional, then so does childbirth and lineages. In simpler words, they are just backup NPCs for you to use in case you die of old age. Why can't you just make ageing optional then.

I think you're completely missing the point here. People don't care about stats loss, that's not the point. People want to play the char they invested in. It's like spending money on a phone but there's a timer counting down till it break. Not everyone is into that.

Also, please stop mentioning cheating. You can't always cheat away your problems. Not everyone is a cheater. If you want to cheat, go ahead. Dont suggest others to cheat too.

I don't think you've been playing the game much then.
???
nfgYqWQ.png

Have you died of old age yet?

Flaming
???
nfgYqWQ.png

Have you died of old age yet?
Of course you can't die of old age yet, it's not coded in yet.

Are you just hard headed or do you not understand the concept behind incomplete mechanics? It's like you still think this is a completed product. Man, the stupidity spewing from you is just priceless. Plenty of people have pointed out devblogs and proof of what we're stating and yet you still want to moan and cry about "muh godhood".

We've already presented a solution, a slider. If you don't like it go play Warband and stop your whining already lmao. It was funny to start but now you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

Flaming

Are you just hard headed or do you not understand the concept behind incomplete mechanics? It's like you still think this is a completed product. Man, the stupidity spewing from you is just priceless. Plenty of people have pointed out devblogs and proof of what we're stating and yet you still want to moan and cry about "muh godhood".

We've already presented a solution, a slider. If you don't like it go play Warband and stop your whining already lmao. It was funny to start but now you're just making yourself look like an idiot.
Can't you read? The whole reply was to prove that you can't die of old age yet, you numbskull....

No one here said it's a completed product. Stop fighting a strawman, my dude.
The point is, the game is working perfectly fine without those features, which prove that they're not core features. Which part of that is so hard to understand? And please stop mentioning the dev blog. They were years ago, and they barely, briefly, mentioned the system. Stop acting like it's your holy bible and bring it everywhere. Do I need to give you the link to the feature page again?

And we've also presented a solution, an optional check box. If you don't like it go play CK2 and stop your whining already lmao. It was funny to start but now you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

'It's too deep in the code, giving players an option to turn it off will be hard on the developers. ...but actually it's not coded in yet.'

lol

'MUH CORE FEATURE!'

*'Core feature' not actually listed as a feature on Bannerlord's current official Features page, or listed in the Steam store as a 'core feature.' Dig up some old dev blog, though, and you'll find some thoughts on it.

**'Core feature' not yet a functioning or pivotal mechanic in game yet.

Last edited:
it takes a long ass time to age up anyway, don't worry about it. taleworlds wanted to make death a thing to worry about since campaigns were over as soon as you conquered the map in warband, now they could potentially last 5x as long. frankly, warband was too easy in this regard because you could never die. lose a battle? don't worry, you'll just be prisoner for a second and boom, no consequence. its a literal non issue and i can think of hundreds of other things devs should prioritize, plus you can install the dev console mod and just disable aging for yourself if its so insane. you may as well just consider it a prettier warband if you want to take out aging.

it takes a long ass time to age up anyway, don't worry about it. taleworlds wanted to make death a thing to worry about since campaigns were over as soon as you conquered the map in warband, now they could potentially last 5x as long. frankly, warband was too easy in this regard because you could never die. lose a battle? don't worry, you'll just be prisoner for a second and boom, no consequence. its a literal non issue and i can think of hundreds of other things devs should prioritize, plus you can install the dev console mod and just disable aging for yourself if its so insane. you may as well just consider it a prettier warband if you want to take out aging.
Prettier Warband with new engine. New setting and factions. New physics and combat system. New mechanics like smithing. New types of quests. New mini-games.

Yup, Bannerlord is really based entirely around the currently non-functional aging...

There is no evidence that allowing players to disable aging if they choose will be an additional burden on the devs, as it is currently disabled as it is. Allowing players to turn it off ('off' is currently the state of the 'core feature') won't affect you in any way. Much like players who choose to disable battle death won't affect your playthrough whatsoever.

Yet you think allowing players to play this like a Mount & Blade game isn't important? I don't need or want to be restricted by new limits that Mount & Blade games haven't forced on players before.

Prettier Warband with new engine. New setting and factions. New physics and combat system. New mechanics like smithing. New types of quests. New mini-games.

Yup, Bannerlord is really based entirely around the currently non-functional aging...

There is no evidence that allowing players to disable aging if they choose will be an additional burden on the devs, as it is currently disabled as it is. Allowing players to turn it off ('off' is currently the state of the 'core feature') won't affect you in any way. Much like players who choose to disable battle death won't affect your playthrough whatsoever.

Yet you think allowing players to play this like a Mount & Blade game isn't important? I don't need or want to be restricted by new limits that Mount & Blade games haven't forced on players before.
because you're just taking out features that make the game interesting like aging? its a literal non issue dude. i don't think its a restriction, aging and generational gameplay gives more fun and life than old m&b games could offer in themselves, this coming from someone who has 2000+ in warband. the simplicity of warband was its biggest restriction, children in mods were gimmicks.
again, if you want to not age, then use the dev console mod. it has the exact same effect as it would if devs made it toggleable.

because you're just taking out features that make the game interesting like aging? its a literal non issue dude. i don't think its a restriction, aging and generational gameplay gives more fun and life than old m&b games could offer in themselves, this coming from someone who has 2000+ in warband. the simplicity of warband was its biggest restriction, children in mods were gimmicks.
again, if you want to not age, then use the dev console mod. it has the exact same effect as it would if devs made it toggleable.
Why do some people have this idea that whatever is interesting to them must be interesting to others too? When will people ever learn that everyone have different interests? And yes, technically, it's a restriction. You may find it fun, but it's still a restriction.

That said, why are you guys so against having an option to disable ageing? It's not like it's affecting you. You do your stuff and lets others do theirs.

And stop suggesting cheats as if it's a legitimate option. Do people use cheats for everything in their lives?

It should be able to played out of the box like the other games. They give us the option to turn off battle death, despite that being a new feature.

Aging IS a restriction. It forces players to play The Sims and raise a family if they want to continue a playthrough. On top of that, players will then have to re-level their replacement character after their original character dies. That is wasting my time because of restrictions implemented by limiting character time in-game. It is an issue. Having it be an option to disable it is a non-issue. IT WON'T AFFECT YOU IN ANY MANNER!

Now you're saying players should have to download 3rd-party software that could make the game less stable in order to play it like every previous Mount & Blade game. Despite the game advertising an actual core feature as being able to the game how you want to play it. I want to play it without this new mechanic that restricts what I can do with character, and forces me to spend time in mechanics that provide me with no benefit, with the end result being that I would have to re-level a character to get back to playing the game.

Nah. Give us the option. An actual CORE FEATURE of the game is this.:
o0ubs1y.png

Why do some people have this idea that whatever is interesting to them must be interesting to others too? When will people ever learn that everyone have different interests? And yes, technically, it's a restriction. You may find it fun, but it's still a restriction.

That said, why are you guys so against having an option to disable ageing? It's not like it's affecting you. You do your stuff and lets others do theirs.

And stop suggesting cheats as if it's a legitimate option. Do people use cheats for everything in their lives?
dude, you realize if its a cheat now then it'd be a cheat if devs add it in, right? the only difference is ctrl + ~ and typing a few things.

It should be able to played out of the box like the other games. They give us the option to turn off battle death, despite that being a new feature.

Aging IS a restriction. It forces players to play The Sims and raise a family if they want to continue a playthrough. On top of that, players will then have to re-level their replacement character after their original character dies. That is wasting my time because of restrictions implemented by limiting character time in-game. It is an issue. Having it be an option to disable it is a non-issue. IT WON'T AFFECT YOU IN ANY MANNER!

Now you're saying players should have to download 3rd-party software that could make the game less stable in order to play it like every previous Mount & Blade game. Despite the game advertising an actual core feature as being able to the game how you want to play it. I want to play it without this new mechanic that restricts what I can do with character, and forces me to spend time in mechanics that provide me with no benefit, with the end result being that I would have to re-level a character to get back to playing the game.

Nah. Give us the option. An actual CORE FEATURE of the game is this.:
o0ubs1y.png
your kids are literally clones of you and will inherit your stats when its fully implemented. why don't you want your character to have kids and continue his line? absolutely twisted. its not the sims, you don't have to teach them to walk and talk and potty train them, you don't have to go to school. its a good feature and too simple, lmao. you don't even have to feed your kids. this entire thread is based on the premise that it takes 30 days to age 1 year when in reality it takes 100 days for 1 year. in 1000 days, the map will likely be conquered and you won't have to worry about aging. even when the snowball is fixed through mods, devs still say 20 years to conquer the map and 20 years puts your character at around 50, less so if we're allowed to change our starting age. bannerlord will have rebellions and civil wars which will likely increase the campaign size drastically. you don't need the option. its part of the game and you're overreacting.

dude, you realize if its a cheat now then it'd be a cheat if devs add it in, right? the only difference is ctrl + ~ and typing a few things.
What kind of logic is that? If the devs add it in, then it's not a cheat.
Ever played any MMO? Auto grind is a cheat in some game, but it's a legitimate function in others. Same logic applies here. If it's an official rule, then it's not a cheat. Even a kid knows that lol...

And since you said it yourself, it takes 20 years to conquer the map, then what's the point of having ageing? If it's not even that important, why are you guys so freaked out about having the option to disable it? You're overreacting.

your kids are literally clones of you and will inherit your stats when its fully implemented. why don't you want your character to have kids and continue his line? absolutely twisted. its not the sims, you don't have to teach them to walk and talk and potty train them, you don't have to go to school. its a good feature and too simple, lmao. you don't even have to feed your kids. this entire thread is based on the premise that it takes 30 days to age 1 year when in reality it takes 100 days for 1 year. in 1000 days, the map will likely be conquered and you won't have to worry about aging. even when the snowball is fixed through mods, devs still say 20 years to conquer the map and 20 years puts your character at around 50, less so if we're allowed to change our starting age. bannerlord will have rebellions and civil wars which will likely increase the campaign size drastically. you don't need the option. its part of the game and you're overreacting.

It's pointless trying to reason with these two numbskulls. They seem to think that the game is in a completed state and HAS to be a mirror image of Warband with prettier graphics. Unfortunately, their critical thinking and comprehension skills are extremely lacking. They don't realize they bought into the wrong game.

Even though recent devblogs and even older devblogs strictly state that Generational Gameplay and Aging was a core feature they refuse to accept that fact because they're choosing to ignore the facts.

Options and solutions were offered to them but, yet again, they're just so attacked by the fact that "mUh GoDhOoD" is threatened with an aging mechanic. We'll let the devs do their work and continue on the course their on, the game will be a huge success either way and these two vocal minorities won't matter at the end of the day, lol.

It's pointless trying to reason with these two numbskulls. They seem to think that the game is in a completed state and HAS to be a mirror image of Warband with prettier graphics. Unfortunately, their critical thinking and comprehension skills are extremely lacking. They don't realize they bought into the wrong game.

Even though recent devblogs and even older devblogs strictly state that Generational Gameplay and Aging was a core feature they refuse to accept that fact because they're choosing to ignore the facts.

Options and solutions were offered to them but, yet again, they're just so attacked by the fact that "mUh GoDhOoD" is threatened with an aging mechanic. We'll let the devs do their work and continue on the course their on, the game will be a huge success either way and these two vocal minorities won't matter at the end of the day, lol.
Yep, can't wait till everything is finished. It'll be interesting to see how dynamic the world is when death is finally in the game.

Back
Top Bottom