SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 If no aging I think having children or something totally makes no sense. Only add more people to your family

+1 If no aging I think having children or something totally makes no sense. Only add more people to your family
Aging will be a part of the game on release. Apparently that feature isn't incorporated or functional yet. The option to disable aging is being requested for players who don't want to have to have a family or re-level characters to continue their playthrough. For players like myself, the dynasty/family system and needing to re-level characters is wasting time of the player, and restricts their freedom of play.

Aging will be a part of the game on release. Apparently that feature isn't incorporated or functional yet. The option to disable aging is being requested for players who don't want to have to have a family or re-level characters to continue their playthrough. For players like myself, the dynasty/family system and needing to re-level characters is wasting time of the player, and restricts their freedom of play.
Great to hear it will be added on release! And I agree it should be added as an option instead of mandatory setting in the game. IMO with aging it would still be fun since decedent might not need to level up to operate a big country, as idiot son of an elite is still treated as "elite" lol.

Great to hear it will be added on release! And I agree it should be added as an option instead of mandatory setting in the game. IMO with aging it would still be fun since decedent might not need to level up to operate a big country, as idiot son of an elite is still treated as "elite" lol.
The aging could be functional even sooner than full release, but as of right now, it apparently doesn't function/limit player character lifespan.

You realize every other M&B never burdened players with this restrictive in-game life span time limit, right? If you want to play with realism, you should have to play with battle death on, be subjected to permanent injuries, take months to recover and heal from significant wounds, take time out for sleep and bowel movements...

Yet these restrictions aren't forced on players, and were never a part of previous Mount & Blade games...

After awhile in Warband, you started losing stats every time you were knocked out. It was tied to the Luck stat, which decreased steadily and eventually hit 0.

Last edited:
After awhile in Warband, you started losing stats every time you were knocked out. It was tied to the Luck stat, which decreased steadily and eventually hit 0.
Ahh. Regardless, the game didn't put a hard expiration date on your character. You could always export/import them into a new campaign if stat loss became an issue.

But the stat drop only happened on being defeated, eh? I assume it was the same in Viking Conquest and Fire & Sword? I never noticed that, personally.

Ahh. Regardless, the game didn't put a hard expiration date on your character. You could always export/import them into a new campaign if stat loss became an issue.

But the stat drop only happened on being defeated, eh? I assume it was the same in Viking Conquest and Fire & Sword? I never noticed that, personally.

I never lose in Warband and if I do I just reload lmao

Almost no one noticed it because it would only happen relatively late into a campaign, when most people are past the point of being knocked out in battle, and it wasn't something that was easy to notice. It was literally something like, "You have lost 1 point of (attribute)" without any special color (IIRC). So if you weren't paying close attention, you would never notice.

Almost no one noticed it because it would only happen relatively late into a campaign, when most people are past the point of being knocked out in battle, and it wasn't something that was easy to notice. It was literally something like, "You have lost 1 point of (attribute)" without any special color (IIRC). So if you weren't paying close attention, you would never notice.
I might have missed it a few times. Speaking of missing notifications, Bannerlord was really bad about that until the latest patch, or so I believe. Now I'm getting notifications when war is declared, lords escape, things are being sieged, etc..

Totally agree that aging needs to be optional if the system itself won't change.
Dynasty thing and all this is good if it's actually good. But it seems to have just been thrown into the game.
If it was like in CK2, than it would have been interesting, but in the current state it's odd.

Also I don't see any negative effects from being given an option to choose. If you want to - play with aging, who cares? But if you don't, why not? You can still do exactly the same things as before, but without aging.

Last edited:
Uhhh I don’t get you... yeah starting at 30 means you need to get married ASAP, but you live long enough to get it done imo

Uhhh I don’t get you... yeah starting at 30 means you need to get married ASAP, but you live long enough to get it done imo
But there are others that feel like the need to get married and have kids to relevel once you die is more of a chore and waste of time than actually playing the game. There is a lot of world to explore and many different ways to play. Adding expiration dates and time limits isn't an improvement for those not interested in the heir/dynasty mechanic.

I'd rather spend that time participating in tournaments, trading, selling my sword on the battlefield and in gang wars without the hassle of having to relevel and bag a virtual spouse.

I'm already obligated to die in real life, and I don't need a virtual wife and kids in a game I play to experience something different than reality. My IRL family already does enough to cut into my gaming time. XD

In its current state yeah those mechanics don't make much sense but hopefully when they're done with playing around with numbers they can get to finishing and polishing these systems so they work as intented. The dynasty system and a multi-generational playthrough was a primary advertising icon I would be pretty displeased if they abandon it.

In its current state yeah those mechanics don't make much sense but hopefully when they're done with playing around with numbers they can get to finishing and polishing these systems so they work as intented. The dynasty system and a multi-generational playthrough was a primary advertising icon I would be pretty displeased if they abandon it.
People keep saying this. It was never mentioned on the Steam Store Page or in the Features list on TaleWorlds Bannerlord page. People reference some dated DevBlogs that haven't been entirely accurate as to what the release would look like. See scrapped versions of gameplay footage and town management mechanics.

I find the ageing very slow. I have played around 6 campaigns and 256 hours played . My character never reached 40. I want the chance to play as one of my children and then there children. A kingdom is not born in a day. May be if the death in battle was a thing . I play realist everything and perma death( I don't think it works).

I find the ageing very slow. I have played around 6 campaigns and 256 hours played . My character never reached 40. I want the chance to play as one of my children and then there children. A kingdom is not born in a day. May be if the death in battle was a thing . I play realist everything and perma death( I don't think it works).
It's not that the time goes slow, it's that you run out of things to do very quickly.

People keep saying this. It was never mentioned on the Steam Store Page or in the Features list on TaleWorlds Bannerlord page. People reference some dated DevBlogs that haven't been entirely accurate as to what the release would look like. See scrapped versions of gameplay footage and town management mechanics.
I remember this being mentioned as a legacy system . So it is real. Also it was what got me interested in Bannerlord. So I also would be very disappointed if this was dropped.

Back
Top Bottom