SP Medieval [WB] 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans - La Relance (Hundred Years War Submod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The translation clearly isn't 100% complete.

For example the fight club under the tavern and the drinking contest are still in French. But no worries, I have them completed in my old offline version. Overall yet to see all that much changed from my translation.
Also the templar quest giver is half translated, where it was left in the online version. My offline version has it completed.

The background image for items is probably going to need to be changed. It's too busy and ruins the contrast between the item and the background.

There are lots of lines in between translated lines that can easily be missed, which as you can  see, I did.  :grin:

See below for an example, which efilist saw:
Code:
qstr_we_have_made_very_li|we have made very little progress so far
qstr_we_have_suceeded_in_|we have succeeded in gaining some ground, but we still have a long way to go
qstr_we_have_become_a_sig|we have become a significant force, and we have an even chance of victory
qstr_we_are_winning_the_w|we are winning the war, but our enemies are still holding on.
qstr_we_are_on_the_verge_|we are on the verge of victory. The remaining enemies pose no threat, but we still need to hunt them down.
qstr_Un_écuyer_dans_les_|A squire near the stables in Paris asked you to get his sword from the catacombs. It lies in a tomb in the deep crypts. He will give you 200 denars for the sword.
qstr_Michelun_passager_d|Michel,un passager du bateau pour Dijon,m'as compté la situation en France,il appartient au cercle discret des Rebelles,et m'as proposé d'en faire partie en rencontrant le chef Rebelle d'un petit groupe local,a la tour en ruines, aux portes de Montpellier.
qstr_Aller_passer_le_test|Go pass the admission test to work as a mercenary for the company of Freelancers. They have a garrison at the Gordaine square of Bourges.
qstr_Le_chef_des_Rebelles|Rebel chief of Montpellier wants to raze a camp near the castle of de Puy. The attack relies on the element of surprise. Rebels troops are waiting for you near the camp.
qstr_Le_chef_Rebelle_de_M|Rebel chief of Montpellier asked you to intercept a weapons convoy near the village of Rodez. You can take troops from the rebels patrolling near Bourges if you need reinforcements.
qstr_J_ai_été_chargé_d|You were put in charge of resupplying the starving rebels hiding at {s9}. They ordered a barrel of mead, a unit of bread, cheese and dried meat.
qstr_Le_maitre_de_la_comp|The master of the company of Freelancers told you to reinforce the besieged troops at St. Benezet Bridge in Avignon without bothering to tell who the attackers are. However you have time to go there.

magitsu said:
Overall yet to see all that much changed from my translation.

Like I said, I used yours as base, and did not make any changes to your translated files. I translated those that were clearly not translated, and that took a lot of time.

magitsu said:
The background image for items is probably going to need to be changed. It's too busy and ruins the contrast between the item and the background.

This is from FantasyWarrior's HD version, which I chose for this soft release. The Steel Edition has different backgrounds and once I fully release, I will provide links to both editions.

If you see any untranslated lines, it will help me a lot by pointing it out to me, as the other reporter did. Thanks again!

Being in the army of John of Lancaster, twice gave me the mission to attack some bandits near the camp (The army was waiting in Paris). In the first mission the terrain was correct, but in the second:

ApJRz7A.jpg

In addition, in both missions there was a problem with the morale of the bandits, since I gave one or two hits to the first one who attacked me and he run to escape (With the others something similar happened)

1) I did not make any changes to terrain textures. I know the 1429 base mod uses a lot of native textures (i.e they are pulling from your CommonRes / Native Textures folder. Is it possible that you made changes to your /Warband/Textures or /CommonRes/ textures?

2) Fixed. Thanks for the report, morale should not be present in Freelancer Missions.

Really appreciate these early reports. Thank you all

Translated the alcohol contest and fight club dialogues. Thanks magitsu for pointing it out.

Khamukkamu said:
1) I did not make any changes to terrain textures. I know the 1429 base mod uses a lot of native textures (i.e they are pulling from your CommonRes / Native Textures folder. Is it possible that you made changes to your /Warband/Textures or /CommonRes/ textures?

No, I never edit the CommonRes or any other folder of the Native. Maybe is an error of the HD version, I play the Steel Edition and I don't see that error.

gvGOmKi.jpg

S0GmPN4.jpg

Hermance de Bordeaux seems to have Baheshtur's dialogue lines:

kzD4xmg.jpg

So far so good, except for that first quest in Montpellier that was already reported. Loving the effort here, keep it up  :smile:

Khamukkamu said:
Thanks for the screenshot. What mission did that appear in?

The first screenshot is from the training mission. The second is the mission of the bandits near the camp.

BNS Marko said:
Hermance de Bordeaux seems to have Baheshtur's dialogue lines:

kzD4xmg.jpg

I think FantasyWarrior don't write the history for him. I don't know in the french version, but in the spanish translation of the Steel Edition, he have the same dialog.

Could you remind me how to activate that Iron Hand 1st mission where you are supposed to guard the local noble's doorway. The townspeople won't attack, which I remember they were supposed to do.

(PM if necessary)

I just sent the pugilist quest translation to Khamukkamu, so things have indeed already proceeded from yesterday.

There's also a slight problem. It could be that something in the translation is breaking the templar quest.

See 12m 41s here. That Rennes le chateau between Rodez and Montauban doesn't seem to appear in my game after going to see the mural. Perhaps I need to try whether it works with the french language files.
https://youtu.be/57pEyoM15Sw?t=12m41s

The Orleans town main menu is also broken, it displays both districts as being the Grand Forge. Another one of these should be the Micy Abbey (templar quest library).

magitsu said:
See 12m 41s here. That Rennes le chateau between Rodez and Montauban doesn't seem to appear in my game after going to see the mural. Perhaps I need to try whether it works with the french language files.
https://youtu.be/57pEyoM15Sw?t=12m41s

Is Albi, near Toulouse.

magitsu said:
The Orleans town main menu is also broken, it displays both districts as being the Grand Forge. Another one of these should be the Micy Abbey (templar quest library).

Is an error of the French version I think (Is also present on the spanish translation). Is the second "Grand Forge"

Why in this mod the Sang Lys (The mercenaries at the Gordaine Square) are called Freelancers?

Hernanxd16 said:
Is Albi, near Toulouse.
Ok, it seems to work. I'll have to adjust the translation to make it slightly easier to find. Current Rennes + Provence is quite the mind****.

edit: Bribing of the Albi village elder works, but interestingly enough, only if you go to the village center. If you talk to him via the menu, the scene fails to load.

Hernanxd16 said:
Why in this mod the Sang Lys (The mercenaries at the Gordaine Square) are called Freelancers?
It's a hasty decision I made few years ago when I started translating. Just picked a familiar name from the M&B scene.
What do you think it should be? Blood lily?

Need to mention that Ettenrocal made a lot of changes to lords names, however there were some lords with special dialogues that may have kept their old name. So I'll need help looking for these errors (ie. Name of lord does not match dialogue).

Thanks for the reports. I'll look into them. Regarding Sang Lys, I am of the opinion that it should still be called Sang Lys, cause that is their name, no need to translate. Perhaps an explanation through dialogues in english would suffice.

Regarding Menu for Scenes (Districts), it looks like the code is using the same menu ID for separate menus, which I think is not best practice. For instance:
Code:
 ##town_15|Orleans

("town_Orleans_districts_scene",
        [
          (party_slot_eq,"$current_town",slot_party_type, spt_town),
          (eq, "$current_town", "p_town_15"),
        ],
        "[Quartier] Aller a la grande Forge",

[
          (modify_visitors_at_site, "scn_town_15_alley"),
          (reset_visitors),
          (assign, "$g_mt_mode", tcm_default), ##pas sur
          (set_jump_entry, 1),
          (set_visitor, 2, "trp_orleans_maitre"),
          (set_visitor, 3, "trp_orleans_aprentis"),
          (set_visitor, 5, "trp_ressource_merchant_orleans"),
          #compagnon
          (try_begin),
            (eq, "$comp_orleans_avecmoi",0),
            (set_visitor, 9, "trp_comp_orleans"),
          (try_end),
          #
          (assign, "$town_entered", 1),  ##
          (call_script, "script_init_town_walkers"),
          (set_jump_mission,"mt_town_variation_quartiers"),
          (mission_tpl_entry_set_override_flags, "mt_town_variation_quartiers", 1, af_override_horse),
          (jump_to_scene, "scn_town_15_alley"),
          (change_screen_mission),
      ]),

##town_15|Orleans monastere de Carmel de Micy

("town_Orleans_districts_scene",
        [
          (party_slot_eq,"$current_town",slot_party_type, spt_town),
          (eq, "$current_town", "p_town_15"),
          (check_quest_active, "qst_tresort_t"),
          (neg|check_quest_succeeded, "qst_tresort_t"),
          (neg|check_quest_failed, "qst_tresort_t"),
          (neg|check_quest_finished, "qst_tresort_t"),

],
        "[Quartier] Aller au monastere de Carmel de Micy",

[
          (modify_visitors_at_site, "scn_monastere_orleans"),
          (reset_visitors),
          (assign, "$g_mt_mode", tcm_default), ##pas sur
          (set_jump_entry, 1),
          (set_visitor, 2, "trp_moin_orleans"),
          (set_visitor, 3, "trp_moin_orleans2"),
          #   (set_visitor, 5, "trp_ressource_merchant_orleans"),
          #compagnon

(assign, "$town_entered", 1),  ##
          (call_script, "script_init_town_walkers"),
          (set_jump_mission,"mt_town_variation_quartiers"),
          (mission_tpl_entry_set_override_flags, "mt_town_variation_quartiers", 1, af_override_horse),
          (jump_to_scene, "scn_monastere_orleans"),
          (change_screen_mission),
      ]),

The problem with this is that when the language files are created, they only create one line for the same menu ID:

Code:
mno_town_Orleans_districts_scene|[District] Go to the Grand Forge.

As a result, both menus will be the same text in english. Possibly in french too. So I will have to look at each district menu and change their menu ID to something unique, then re-create the language files.

Apologies, as this is a major task (i think) that I did not catch as I was not looking at districts when I made the submod.

EDIT: If anyone is interested in writing history for NPC5 (Hermance de Bordeaux ), please let me know :smile: I rather fix stuff than write these things. Thanks in advance!

Ok. I can confirm that the Templar questline can be completed 100%. Though it has at least two scenes that are completely dark. I resorted to gamma changer program instead of bs roaming around in pitch black for ages.

I have nothing against changing the name of the Freelancers. It never really received proper consideration.

Did anyone know how to reliably get those townspeople to attack the Count of Rennes? Talking or waiting didn't work. I remember that this was the most annoying quest to reliably trigger.
Though it's not 100% important since you will get another mission from the Iron Skulls (Siege of Quintin) anyway. That quest has another pitch black scene... sigh.

For field battles, I added a way to make nights brighter. Tell me what quests those are and I could add it to those scenes.

Also, for that quest you mentioned (townspeople attack count of rennes), what is the name of the quest? I'll look at the files and check the conditions required.

Khamukkamu said:
Also, for that quest you mentioned (townspeople attack count of rennes), what is the name of the quest? I'll look at the files and check the conditions required.
qst_surveillance1|The Guard Post

Also how did one enter the Lorges forest? I have the mission from the Duke, so I'm supposed to get there. Just can't remember or figure out. The guards tell me that's no due to orders of the Duke.

Related to these:
qst_pour_le_duc|For the Duke!
qst_fer_pour_la_guerre|Iron for War

Surveillance Quest:
- After 300 in-game seconds, the assassins will strike.

For the Duke Quests:
- Those quests will give you an item, a pass to the forest. You will then need to talk to a Breton Heavy Footman, and he will ask for a pass. You give it to him and you'd be given entry.

I just read this through code, not 100% sure if it functions as designed.

Soft Launch Hotfix 1 (Feb 12)
- Fixed and translated the menus issues.
- Fixed the banner / music issues Hernandx16 was having
- And others I said I fixed in the previous pages...

Another weird quest.

qst_extorsion|Claim payment of the Merchants of Paris.
You're supposed to get the protection money and the hint says armorer, weaponsmith and wench. First two work, but not the wench in the tavern or 3 in the poor district work. Villandrandro doesn't accept money from two out of three either.
So I guess this one's triggers need to be looked from the files as well. What wench?

Khamukkamu said:
Wrong translation:

Grossiste = Wholesaler. Not sure why that was written as wench. 

Fixed in my copy. Sorry about that.

Hoperfully people won't get stuck, since it's very easy to spot "Raw Materials Merchant of Paris", who is on the path to the Great Stables.
The right one for this quest is called just a Merchant and he's quite separated from the other two. Still in the same scene (take a walk around the streets) though. He can be found in his little shop when you follow the outer wall of the city. There's a few road signs at the main entry and the sign which has red lettering points the right way.

This mod looks great so far! But I don't see anybody addressing the fact that some of the animations for sword swinging are missing, that was personally one of my favorite parts of the original mod. Can anyone inform me on why this change was made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom