SP Medieval [WB] 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans - La Relance (Hundred Years War Submod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Everything is almost done, just need to add 2 more freelancer quests, finish up the Noble Lines for the other factions (thanks to Ettenrocal), and then just me playing it for a few hours to see translations are good.

So the scene replacement will be later?(I don't really care much about that honestly, just asking about development.)

A great Submod by Khamukkamu, a pleasure to help, so many people tried to traduce it ! Was this mod cursed ? it is no more !

Narf's men at arms volume 2 :shock: (this one is amazing) is indeed in our OSP list, this one fits perfectly the time of the mod, i have yet found 12 OSP packs that fit perfectly with the mod, every suggestion is always welcome.

Some quick updates since first post:

• Total of 9 freelancer missions now. Maybe 1 more.
  • Permadeath & Injuries are now optional.
  • Freelancer missions are now optional.
  • Faction Scouts + Patrol Parties are re-enabled for a more dynamic game. May need to be tweaked
  • Added Fire & Blood's Script: AI Lords now upgrade their centers.
  • Noble Troop Lines for Burgandy, Bretons, and English are now complete, thanks to Ettenrocal

mb9.jpg
image.png
mb10.jpg

I do not like complex troops trees, and more inclined towards functional ones. So I think what Ettenrocal did is quite good :smile: We will see how players like it. Everything is still open to feedback & suggestions.

For first release, all I need to do now is 1 more freelancer quest, and perhaps, changing the lords names & faces. Easy task, just quite tedious, as I will have to do it in both modsys files and language files.

Thanks for your support.

I'm not particularly a fan of upgrading mounted units into infantry or ranged units but I guess I can just tweak it for myself once it's released. The changes made to Freelancer sound pretty neat though, I'm eager to see how they play out.

?️NS Marko said:
These are Noble lines though, how do you get to those? Separate recruitment(via towns or something)?

From castles, surely.

Khamukkamu said:
Some quick updates since first post:

• Total of 9 freelancer missions now. Maybe 1 more.
  • Permadeath & Injuries are now optional.
  • Freelancer missions are now optional.
  • Faction Scouts + Patrol Parties are re-enabled for a more dynamic game. May need to be tweaked
  • Added Fire & Blood's Script: AI Lords now upgrade their centers.
  • Noble Troop Lines for Burgandy, Bretons, and English are now complete, thanks to Ettenrocal

mb9.jpg
image.png
mb10.jpg

I do not like complex troops trees, and more inclined towards functional ones. So I think what Ettenrocal did is quite good :smile: We will see how players like it. Everything is still open to feedback & suggestions.

For first release, all I need to do now is 1 more freelancer quest, and perhaps, changing the lords names & faces. Easy task, just quite tedious, as I will have to do it in both modsys files and language files.

Thanks for your support.

There won't be quests for the other factions yet, right?

The troops look good, although, as Seek n Destroy said, I don't think it's a good idea to improve the cavalry into infantry, but that's your decision. Greetings.

The problem is there was no Nobles on foot at this times (every Noble had been a squire at first), you could have a Noble Line like: Squire -> Knight -> Heavy Knight -> Elite Knight but you have the same with more. Would not be serious to make a complete Noble Line of archers or of infantry (nobles were trained to every weapons); so in term of realism it is OK: a Captain can decide to specialize in archery, or mounted Crowbow. I had put at first special units after Squire but it would have been the same problem cause even a squire had an horse at this times. There is two branch: non Knights Noble and Knights, the on foot units are higly specialized noble soldier of the non knight branch. The Noble Line troop tree reflect the specificity of each faction, and the fact that a this time many squire where  lower Nobles, and Captain of a company. You can consider that troop on foot had an horse for travelling but not on the battlefield (English Longbowmen where mounted for travelling) but in term of gameplay in Warband getting an horse with your longbow, or your two handed sword or your haldberd...

I think Honor Guard is like a very personal guard, if you're a Lord a King a Duke, i think you would prefer your personal guard come from nobility.

The noble on foot at the end of the line are kind of very special units i think they will be quite expensive and are more here to reflect the differences between factions that are pretty similar.

I am EAGERLY awaiting the release!  :smile:
Also, I have made some new textures and material settings for old raptor's swords(they are very good models of Albion swords) and the pack has a lot of swords of the 14th-15th century, basically ideal for you. If you want, I can send those your way.

Best of luck!

This mod looks AWESOME! I'm very excited to see what comes out of it, as the somewhat poor translation was one of the few problems with the original mod. Without that I can easily say that this is one of my favorite mount and blade mods ever!

Howard P. Lovecraft said:
Also, I have made some new textures and material settings for old raptor's swords(they are very good models of Albion swords) and the pack has a lot of swords of the 14th-15th century, basically ideal for you. If you want, I can send those your way.

Best of luck!

I would also really appreciate if you could send these to me, since I'm working on a 14th century mod  :grin:

Ettenrocal said:
mike56 what is this mod if ican ask ? I 'm a big fan of last Breath of Calradian Empire.

I think he doesn't post the mod here. Is a mod based on Nysne, in the late middle age of Calradia.

Howard P. Lovecraft said:

Best of luck!

I would also like to have those textures, like Mike I'm doing a mod on the fourteenth century :grin:

Not really, cause I'm also busy with TLD, but I am almost done with the major changes. Like I said above, I just want to add 1 more Freelancer mission + wait for Ettenrocal to finish with the Historical Lord Names & Face Codes + play a few hours myself.

After first release, I'll look into adding / replacing items and scenes. As for quest lines  for other factions as good as the France playthrough, well, I'll need help for that :smile: I rather code than design quests and write dialogues :smile:

I have a bit of a dilemma regarding the creation of the download package for this submod:

A) I prefer that players download FantasyWarrior's HYW from ModDB / Nexus and then download my submod.
  • (+) I want the clicks to go to FantasyWarrior's mod
  • (+): Players can choose to use the Steel Edition or the HD edition
  • (~): It will be a 2 step process. Could lead to installation issues.

B) Create a complete package for the player (HYW + La Relance submod)
  • (+): Simpler installation, 1 step process
  • (~): Clicks won't be going to FantasyWarrior's mod
  • (~/+): I'll have to create 2 packages (HD and Steel Edition)

As someone who prefers the simplest solution, B seems the best. However, I'd like to pay respects to FantasyWarrior's mod by diverting traffic there, and A does that...

Or maybe I'm just over thinking and making it complicated for myself...  :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom