SP Medieval [WB] 1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans - La Relance (Hundred Years War Submod)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say go for Option B. Less work(and faster release :grin:) for you, easier for everyone. Since it is a submod, I'd suggest uploading a complete package to Fantasy Warrior's Mod page in ModDB, so that people can visit the Original mod's page.

Suggestion: Add a clear note on the launcher BMP, plus on the main menu, that this is a mod based on 1429 xxx version from 20xx, created by xxx, etc, so anyone curious can search for the original.

IMO download should be simple as you know a lot of people will have issues otherwise

I agree with kalarhan, besides from what I know of FantasyWarrior he's not obsessed about his e-peen and would be flattered someone is continuing his mod for the broader international audience.
Plus if you need to cleanup/organize resources and textures it's easier this way, he left a bunch of copies and backups in the mod files that aren't exactly necessary.

As someone that has modded almost every Bethesda game ever made I would say choose the option that FantasyWarrior wants since its continuing HIS mod. If he doesnt care about the clicks, go with option B, if he wants the clicks then you really should do what he wants and go with A.

Are the new features (troops, quests) English-only or will they be available in French aswell? I used to play 1429 in French for immersion (I know, Middle French was very different but it helps the illusion) and to refresh my rusty high school French.

Keep up the great work Khamu, you're breathing new life into so many great mods!

Unfortunately, everything I add will be in english. However, i'm going to prep the language files so that it can be translated. I rather have a native speaker translate it than me, cause I might have the wrong grammar or wrong use of idioms.

Progress is a bit slow right now cause I have to write up some dialogues and it is not as motivating as simply coding :smile: Once I get over this dialogue hump, it should be ready for me to play. After a few hours of playing, I'll release the submod.

Just to get it right: You translated even the big quests? If yes, it is awesome - I stopped playing the mod because there were long texts in French later on and I simply couldn't continue the quest.

Yes. I used magitsu's translation as base, then continued it. If there are mistakes in magitsu's translations, then I'll have to fix it.

Soft launch coming really soon. Just need to fix a few bugs I found during my playtests.

Hi, I love that you're working on this, best of luck!

Just wondering if you've been or plan to work on the armor visuals of the mod? I've always found the original mod's armor models and textures to be somewhat lacking.
Narf's men at arms pack seems to be perfect for it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=230895.0
Transitional armor: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,119352.0.html
Plate armor: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,100949.0.html
The latter two I'm not sure if they are already included or not, it's been a while since I've played 1429.

Khamukkamu said:
Yes. I used magitsu's translation as base, then continued it. If there are mistakes in magitsu's translations, then I'll have to fix it.
I have a newer version that wasn't posted online.
The only thing that ended up the process was getting stuck in the quests. They were impossible to translate since I wasn't able to see what actually happened. Some just had unreliable triggers.
After seeing how much work the ones that I could play through still required it was frustrating.
So I expect they will need to be ironed out a lot.

When I started the work I thought that just translating them in the text file would work. But after seeing them in the game the translations made very little sense in context. This was very surprising.

I'm willing to help to see this through. Everyone should expect that a ton of polish is needed after any kind of complete launch.

So basically you can help even just by telling how some of the more obsure quests (templars etc.) should actually play out.

1429 La Guerre de Cent Ans - La Relance
Soft Launch

Grab it here: GitHub

This is a soft launch for people on the forums interested in this submod. It is mostly a public test before I start uploading it to other sites (e.g ModDB) and promoting it across the web.

As of this release, here are the current new features:
- Codebase Changes (100% complete)
- motomataru's Formations / Form AI v5 (100% complete)
- VC Troop Tree Presentation
- hoboistice's spear changes
- Some TLD scripts
- English Translation (100% complete)
- Freelancer FastForward Speed (Completed)
- Freelancer Sergeant / Captain (Completed)
- Freelancer Prevent Desertion (Completed)
- Freelancer Auto-return to Commander after outbound mission (Completed)
- Freelancer Advanced / Simple Ranking System
- 10 Freelancer Missions
- Other Faction's Noble Line (100% complete, thanks to Ettenrocal)
- Historical Lord Names (100% complete)

Those interested in downloading and playing the mod, please test the above features. I am sure there are some bugs that I have failed to see with my limited tests. Also, please report bugs that are not due to the above features (i.e old bugs from the main mod), so I can fix them too.

Main menu screen & loading screen are placeholder currently, so that we can better distinguish between the submod and main mod.

Of course, more stuff to come in the future, and I am always looking for suggestions.

Enjoy!

PS: Thanks to Ettenrocal, Antonis, and kalarhan for all the help. Thanks to InVain, Merlkir, & Swyter for their patience and support.

PPS: Please let me know if the download works properly. If not, I'll change the link to something else.

For people who don't have Viking Conquest

Remove line operation_set_version = 1170 from module.ini and then save it, the game won't ask you for the key anymore.

kalarhan said:
efilist said:
For people who don't have Viking Conquest

ask the modder to review if the license is required or not (and then to remove any unnecessary restrictions) as the DLC is a paid product.

Ask him yourself  :roll:

Thanks for the support.

1) Quest string translated. Thanks for the report.
2) VC DLC not required. I'll remove that line from the package. Thanks again for the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom