• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not a professional 'scener' but I could have a look at it. What's the name of the scene file?
Also, can you reconstruct from the quest files what's supposed to happen in the scene?

Is your RCM port still up-to-date, Kham? I'd like to use it as the basis for my own submod expanding on some lore, bandits, troops, and weapon rebalancing, if you'd permit that. Hell, I wouldn't mind collaborating with your own submods that you seem to be working on. Anything to keep TLD going strong!

Khamukkamu said:
It is still compatible. RCM only modifies 3 files (item_kinds1, party_templates, and troops). None of which were modified since May 2014 (thanks to github + Swyter for the documentation)

Damn, didnt know that I did this 2 years ago! I thought it was just a few months ago... Wow, time flies..

:grin:

I forgot to ask Kham, is the Troop Presentation project compatible with your RCM version?

Mr.Milker said:
If you feel like balancing, you guys could tune up the version with fixed orc height and proper aiming AI, hm? :wink:
I always thought that was a gameplay mechanic, where higher morale troops meant more accurate aim. So it's really a bug then?  :neutral:

SRACon17 said:
I forgot to ask Kham, is the Troop Presentation project compatible with your RCM version?

Mr.Milker said:
If you feel like balancing, you guys could tune up the version with fixed orc height and proper aiming AI, hm? :wink:
I always thought that was a gameplay mechanic, where higher morale troops meant more accurate aim. So it's really a bug then?  :neutral:

It should be. Just make sure to install the Troop Presentation first, then RCM. Let me know if it becomes buggy.

Re: Orc Height and Aim:

I wasnt gonna make it public yet cause I wanted to test it out some more, but yea. The original TLD team had to create small models / skeletons for Orcs and Dwarves because the SCALE mechanic was not functional in M&B Vanilla. However, with Warband, then VC, it looks like it is fully functioning. This is why you can see that VC has different character heights/sizes.

Good thing is that the original TLD team had a Tall Orc skeleton that I could test out. So I modified module_skins.py to use the Tall Orc skeleton, change Orc scale to be slightly smaller, increase the sizes of orc models and voila!

It also fixes the issue with the camera when the user plays as an orc!

PN4tN.jpg
gCar_.jpg

So what Mr. Milker was mentioning was that the 'balance' TLD has will become slightly messed up should we 'fix' this issue as it will make elves even deadlier (i.e higher tier elves will non-stop headshot orcs, cause for now, we 'accepted' them missing).

I tested it out by having the best elven archers with me (50 of us) and attacking a Gundabad Host, and well... it's just like the movies.

So the balance we were thinking about was tweaking Orc helmet values to become slightly higher, and/or giving them more Iron Flesh. This might then make orcs deadlier foot soldiers as you can amass so much of them.  and so on and so forth...

Re: Future of WB RCM, as I (and the original creators of RCM) did that through Text Files (I didnt know how to use the module system during that time, and WB TLD MS wasnt released yet), I may not be able to maintain it unless we make those changes through the module system. For now, I am concentrating on making changes to the current build and may not have the time to look at my text file changes and implement it to the py files :sad:

I'd just like to add, that if anyone has some Blender (anim/3D) skills, I'd like to resize the dwarf skeleton to be of 'human' size so I can apply SCALE to it too (like the orcs, i mentioned above). I believe it just needs to be scaled up (y-axis) by a bit.

Glad to hear RCM's still up to date. I'll probably start working on some rebalancing and additions soon.

While TLD WB is great, I'm curious: does the team have any plans of reuniting for Bannerlord? From what Taleworlds has said Bannerlord will be even easier to mod in every way than Warband or M&B 1, and of course it seems like it'd be perfect for a LOTR mod.

Khamukkamu said:
SuperCommando, you can get the most recently updated source here.

--------

In other news, I've successfully (I think) implemented rubik's Troop Presentation :smile:

mr_oq.jpg
fVaPy.jpg

Still need to work on the images that appear, but I think I got it.

Thanks for the link! Sorry for my late response but I was under a lot of stress and quite busy since my last visit here.

OK, I tried the new module system out, but each time I wanted to compile I got this:

python: can't open file 'process\process_init.py': [Errno 2] No such file or dir
ectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_global_variables.py': [Errno 2] No such
file or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_strings.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_skills.py': [Errno 2] No such file or d
irectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_music.py': [Errno 2] No such file or di
rectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_animations.py': [Errno 2] No such file
or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_meshes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or d
irectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_sounds.py': [Errno 2] No such file or d
irectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_skins.py': [Errno 2] No such file or di
rectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_map_icons.py': [Errno 2] No such file o
r directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_factions.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_items.py': [Errno 2] No such file or di
rectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_scenes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or d
irectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_troops.py': [Errno 2] No such file or d
irectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_particle_sys.py': [Errno 2] No such fil
e or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_scene_props.py': [Errno 2] No such file
or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_tableau_materials.py': [Errno 2] No suc
h file or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_presentations.py': [Errno 2] No such fi
le or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_party_tmps.py': [Errno 2] No such file
or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_parties.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_quests.py': [Errno 2] No such file or d
irectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_info_pages.py': [Errno 2] No such file
or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_scripts.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_mission_tmps.py': [Errno 2] No such fil
e or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_game_menus.py': [Errno 2] No such file
or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_simple_triggers.py': [Errno 2] No such
file or directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_dialogs.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
directory
python: can't open file 'process\process_postfx.py': [Errno 2] No such file or d
irectory
python: can't open file 'process\process_global_variables_unused.py': [Errno 2]
No such file or directory
The system cannot find the path specified.
item count: -1/915 ... ok.
The system cannot find the path specified.
map icons: 0/256 ... ok.

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to restart. . .

Do you or anyone else, who is reading this comment, know what causes the problem?
I get this problem only when I compile with the new build_module.bat file. I replaced the new build_module.bat with the old one and now it works. But still I want to know, why the new bat file didn't worked for me and why those errors occur.

Btw, nice work you've done so far, I'm really glad that the TLD mod team was so generous to make their great work open source and that there're still people like you who continue modding this mod. And I'm eager to see you finshing the spears of bladorthin quest.

This one is for our Orcish and Dwarven players :smile:

Inspired by VC's tactical view, I implemented a Custom Camera to TLD

See here:
Ln6oI.jpg
H2zdr.jpg
Ez4N7.jpg

Yes.. i am aware that he has no shoes.. had to sell it to buy bow and arrows...

Hit a key --> Custom Camera. Hit the same key --> Default camera.

Works quite well, we can zoom in/out, pan, and tilt the camera.

Not the best for ranged players (it'll snap back to regular camera), and it can take some time to get used to.

However, I think it'll make playing Orcs and Dwarves slightly better.

Credit goes to VC for the inspiration, Dunde for the code.

Hey guys I really need some help with this mod, I keep getting corrupted saves in every game I play. Some playthroughs I make it to around day 45 but this time I only got to day 12 and it keeps crashing on the morning of the next day in game. I haven't been able to finish the game or get very far due to this, anyone any suggestions?

Re : Orc balance after the change I'm not sure what higher helmet value would even do unless you pump it up to absurd ranges. I've played as an archer quite a bit in M&B and 100+ damage isn't uncommon from headshots (and I assume elite elves have some pretty high power draw), to the point where the helmet makes almost no difference especially for low level troops like Orcs (don't remember what's their highest level but I think it's pretty low, I suppose it has to be due to their numbers)

Hi Wendek,

Thanks for your feedback.

We've decided NOT to make the change, due to certain issues and limitations. You can read about it here

For those who are still following the mod, and especially those who are interested in keeping RCM compatible, we may have a way to do so, but it will involve a lot of tedious work, albeit you only do it once.

GetAssista, one of the great coders of TLD, was also a MS Excel-Ninja. He made a nifty excel sheet for Troops and Items to make balancing efficient.

In a nutshell and a simple as I can put it, what this excel sheet does is that you input your changes to items and/or troops, and it outputs the py code. Then the coders will simply copy+paste the python code into their appropriate py files.

The job is 2-fold:

1st: Move changes from current TLD items / troops file INTO the excel sheet.
-- This is something I might do myself, as it involves hacking into GA's sheet, which, as an excel-user myself (but prob. not as good as GA), I feel confident in doing. If anyone else feels like they can do this, please let me know

2nd: Take the RCM text files and make those changes into the excel sheet.

-- This is the hardest / most tedious thing to do, as we have to rely on txt files, instead of the ms / py file.
-- This is something I'd like to ask for help with. Even though I enjoy RCM, I'd rather be working on the main TLD changes.

Advantages: We then have 2 separate sheets. Current TLD and RCM TLD. For those interested in helping out with the 'balance' in TLD, we can provide the TLD sheet. Of course, 'balance' is very different in TLD terms and is subject to scrutiny :smile: But any help is welcome

Just wanted to let people know / ask for volunteers. PM me if you are serious about this, and I'll pass you the excel sheets :smile:

Back
Top Bottom