Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys!!
First i would like to thanks the team who have made this mod,it's amazing! Now i'm playing it on M&B 1.011 cause my computer doesn't strong enough :sad: I love the mod but i don't like the troops in the mod.I prefer them like in the movie,it is much cooler :sad:( So is there any chances that there will have an update from someone will rebuild all the troops :< I just need rebuild the Drawves,Elves and The Gondor Fountain Guard :"< Thanks u guys so much!!!!
If there is please notice me!!!
Here is my email : [email protected]
Sorry for my bad English and great thanks from a Vietnamese friend! God bless u all!

BavarianPrivateer said:
1. When will the war of the ring begin, I mean how many days have to pass that the event is triggered? Now there are only a few enemies roaming the lands and enemy camps cannot be sieged. When will this change?
It's not a set number of days, it's based on your character.  When your character is ready for it, it will happen.

Don't expect to be able to siege enemy camps when the war starts, only NPC leaders can do that in this game.  When the war starts, the change is massive, and there will be NO shortage of roaming enemy scouts, as well as large armies.  Too massive, in my opinion.

The game rarely ever crashes for me, but turns into a slideshow in a lot of cases, where I can't fight because it's "pause....pause....pause...ACTION......pause....pause.....pause......ACTION". My character ends up facing the wrong way, dismounts, or does other unexpected things because the sudden jumps change the context of the controls or I'm not ready when they suddenly start to respond again after 2-10 seconds.  The scrolling casualty messages provide the best insight into how the battle is going, but when it pauses, I've got the screen filled from top to bottom and can't tell what's in front of me.  Turning it off leaves me with no clue as to the bigger picture.

My own issues with the game are in trying to play as an "Evil Human", where your reinforcements come at the rate of 1-2 every 3-4 battles, so losing a single man is a catastrophe.  If you play on the "good" side, those same factions get huge amounts of manpower.  Worse, they're located on the outskirts, with Orc camps between you and most of the "good" areas, so you almost never get a battle that boosts your influence and resources with your own faction, but all the Orcs love you.  If I wanted to recruit a mostly-Orc army, I'd play as an Orc.  In essence, I love the mod UNTIL the war starts, and then I've had virtually every evil-human game lead to a dead-end where I can't hire enough manpower to replace losses, despite lop-sided victories with less than 1/10th the casualties compared to the better armed and equipped opposition.

Is there any way I can influence what the AI does? Sometimes they just seem content patrolling around their camps while the enemy is doing the same with their camps(at least, the camps that weren't destroyed). This is now leading to isengard and the dunlendings 'fighting' with rohan, dale, erebor, mirkwood, rivendell and lorién. Nothing is actually happening aside from the occasianol patrol being wiped out...

I read somewhere in this forum that the "find spears of something(i cant remember the name) quest inst finished, its an old post however but i still cant find a way to go further in the caves. Its still unfinished?

beartjah said:
Is there any way I can influence what the AI does? Sometimes they just seem content patrolling around their camps while the enemy is doing the same with their camps(at least, the camps that weren't destroyed). This is now leading to isengard and the dunlendings 'fighting' with rohan, dale, erebor, mirkwood, rivendell and lorién. Nothing is actually happening aside from the occasianol patrol being wiped out...
iirc, after gaining enough rank and RPs with a faction, you can ask the leader to take an action, e.g., siege a settlement, patrol around an area, etc...
Laizenbh said:
I read somewhere in this forum that the "find spears of something(i cant remember the name) quest inst finished, its an old post however but i still cant find a way to go further in the caves. Its still unfinished?
I don't think you can access the quest at all, if you can it's a bug. The quest is very unfinished, iirc there is no way to even access the scenes for the quest.

I triggered that quest.
Just randomly got it from King Brand.

I also triggered the glitch that makes end up inside some mountains after a fight. I got it from attacking a party with no members only a prisoner.

I'm playing on vanilla and I don't have steam.

So, first of all, what a great mod...amazing work by the devs and contributors...from models to the (what I thinks is an original) soundtrack, great job, 11/10...
Having said this...as much as I love the soundtrack, something felt wrong...when I looked at Edoras in game I could imagine "The Hornburg" playing in the background....and sunddenly the amazing job from the soundtrack creator seemed unfair to me, who would ever be capable of making us forget about the movie's amazing soundtrack?
...So I decided to do 2 things, first I went in the music folder of the mod, and I moved it to my documents, into my personal music folder so I can ear some tracks from it when I feel like doing it... And I decided to do a little compilation of the movie's soundtrack and try to adapt the songs in the game, I tried to make it "organic"...if you go into Minas Tirith you ear the Minas Tirith tune from the movies, if you enter Isengard you ear "Isengard Unleashed" and so on...I changed it all.
The satisfaction of giving a little bit of your time to the mod and actually adding a few things to it is amazing... If you love music, this mod and if you love LOTR, take a quick look on how to do it (its really simple, trust me...) and do it for yourself, trust me, you can take 30min just replacing the songs for the main scenes in the mod or you can get really into it and spend 4/5 hours cuting tracks and creating sequences with parts of diferent songs like I did, it will feel magical when you open M&Band you ear that new main menu track...give it a try!! :smile:

Again, props to the devs for the countless hours of fun, and a special ty to Vladan Zivanovic for the soundtrack...I'll keep earing his work in my spare time!

Hello everyone,

i just wanted to thank everyone who developed this mod. It is awesome, for me it is the best LOTR game out there (and it isn't even a game)!
So thanks for this extensive and lovely work!

The only thing naging is, that my fellow elve commanders get stuck in infinite sieges. They are laying siege to a town but don't attack them. This appeared AFTER i installed the nightly patch. any solution(s) for this?!

Cheers

This might be the wrong place. However has any one had any luck getting this working with Steam version of warband on Mac os?
I downloaded the three patches can select the module, however it crashes steam after a long time of thinking.
I know, damn mac users right?
Any insight greatly appreciated.

Hey guys could you help me please? im getting crashed while on the map (not besieging or battle) in TLD. if i load the game again it will crash again after late night (at the game). i dont know why. im using M&B warband and i've patched nightly patch. dont know what to do to fix this problem. it just became not responding.

bradleydevito said:
Hey guys could you help me please? im getting crashed while on the map (not besieging or battle) in TLD. if i load the game again it will crash again after late night (at the game). i dont know why. im using M&B warband and i've patched nightly patch. dont know what to do to fix this problem. it just became not responding.
I believe there's an issue which requires the "hidden" official patch to M&B.  It's actually smaller than the one normally linked to as the "final" patch, and it took a bit of link-chasing and reading to find when I did it.  It solved 90% of the crashes with more than just this one mod, particularly the ones which routinely occurs after so many days in the game and you can't continue past it.  I don't have the link, and you may have to do some hunting for it.

He is talking about warband, not mount&blade. And there is no "hidden" patch, there is only enhanced version of mount and blade http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version
---
Try to reduce party numbers, might help (you have it in mod options in camp menu).

Even after carefully installing version 3.3 for the original game (1.011), then installing the latest nightly patch, and copying the latest version of the .dll file into the main folder, I still get a messed-up font during startup, no alternate intro video, and RGL-related crashes before the game finishes loading.

I don't understand how installing even the most stable and easy-to-install versions of this mod can be such a monumental hassle, even if I follow everything in the installation guide to the letter.

I might still try the enhanced version of the installer for 1.011, if nothing else helps. (I'm just unsure whether I should do it, because I fear it might mess up my save files for the other 1.011 modules I have in the Modules folder.)

I had that error as well years back with my old pc, but manually copying files seems to have helped me back then.
Are you sure you did that, as it's written in manual?
-copy all five core_*brf files to m&b/commonres
-copy all three *txt and both *xml files to m&b/data
-copy mb.fxo, all five *.pp and the*bik files to m&b
If you already did this, i'm sorry, but i just want to help you.
Try version for mount & blade warband if you ask me. There is no need to copy all those files to warband.

I've downloaded the enhanced version of the original game, as I've noted I'll do in the previous post. I've installed TLD on top of it, tested it, it worked properly, so I've decided to move permanently to the enhanced version. (Already done.) A pity I only heard about the whole thing yesterday. For an official release, it's so obscure that I had never heard of it up until I noticed the TLD manual making references to said enhanced version.

Unfortunately, I had to part with all my saves and decided it's not worth exporting my characters either. So I'll be starting completely anew in other mods as well, just to be sure I don't have any technical issues between the two different version of the original game.

I was looking for a FAQ but didn't see one on the main page, are there any huge differences or necessary improvements with the Warband version of TLD?

Or is M&B 1.011 more stable/more complete? I have both games and just want to play the mod to it's fullest capabilities either game is fine I just don't want to miss out on them. 

Thanks in advance all!  :grin:

I know that bugs are supposed to go to mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html, but the registration for the site isn't working.  I noticed that when it's foggy outside, indoor areas also have fog.  Also the raise greenwood archers quest for Miriel says him instead of her.  I assume that it does this for all of her quests, but I can't confirm that.

Banastre said:
Alright! Not too familiar with Google Drive, but I uploaded it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhkFarjto0Oa3dhXzlpNVRfUGs/view?usp=sharing

Make sure to back up the listed files before replacing them. Requires the great RCM port. All changes based on/inspired by lore and RCM balancing.

Changelog

* Some specialized troops now use Reward items.
* Added new bandits to help with the monotony of fighting wild orcs all the time (also changed Dunnish Outcasts and Orc Stragglers into bandit parties). These bandits are based on lore and are equipped with a variety of ragtag equipment, and they are:
1. Ruffian - basic human bandit.
2. Outlaw - tougher human bandit.
3. Highwayman - tough horse-mounted bandit.
4. Thief - speedy axe/knife-throwing bandit.
5. Poacher - archer bandit.
6. Dwarven Looter - renegade dwarf bandit, tough but slow.
7. Western Deserter - a deserted soldier of Gondor, Rohan, or Dale seeking his fortune with brigands.
* Added two new Tribal Orc units (Wild Orc Warlord, Wild Orc Hunter). Also varied, rebalanced, and modified Tribal Orc/Mountain Goblin names and party compositions.
* Renamed a few factions for lore/consistency. (Gundabad, Moria, Mirkwood Elves)
* Bandits are now hostile to Easterlings/Variags/Haradrim. Still friendly to Orc factions, though they'll still attack an Orc player. Can't fix this without making all bandits friendly to the player no matter what race they are.
* Added the Witch-king as a very powerful Lord unit; Gothmog remains the marshal for lore reasons. Expect some intense (and extremely difficult) duels if you fight the Lord of the Nazgûl head-on.
* Added a fixed Nazgûl unit for Barad-dûr Legions. Up to 8 can appear in the Barad-dûr Legion.
* Renamed several units based on lore/variation.
* Faction Standard Bearers are now Lieutenants: equipped with other items besides just standards.
* Players can now obtain Standard Bearers.
* All independent faction parties (Scouts, Foragers, War Parties, Raiders, etc.) have increased numbers and troop variety. Evil Factions are numerically superior in most cases.
* Gondor parties buffed a bit more than other Good factions to help prevent them from getting wiped out within an in-game week. They may even win a few battles now!
* Wolf/Warg Riders of Mirkwood bugfixed and now used by Dol Guldur.
* Some Lord names fixed for spelling, punctuation, and rank.
* Added Rhudaur Units for Gundabad (Rhudaur Horsemen, Berserkers, and Hillmen), savage men friendly to orcs, hailing from the former Kingdom of Rhudaur to the west of the Misty Mountains.
* Bears, Spiders, Wolves given charge bonuses.
* Trolls and/or Olog-hai are more frequent in Orc armies.
* Legendaries/Unique weapons/armor for all factions are now significantly better than standard weapons, rather than just very slightly better.
* Balanced bow/arrow damage a bit.
* All horses, wargs, and wild animals do extra Blunt charge damage, to work well with RCM's tougher armor. Light and Medium troops, especially Orcs, are now vulnerable to heavy cavalry charge damage.
* Certain Good faction weapons and armor buffed very slightly, mainly Rohan, for more lore-accurate balance. They should no longer get insta-stomped by Isengard in battle.
* Replaced Greenwood Relic Sword and Galadhrim Blade reward items with Orcrist, famed Biter of Gondolin, and Urquinehtar, Orc-feller of Lorien.
* Wheat, ale, and wine now consumable and provide morale bonuses. (Not currently working)
* "Go forth on you chosen path" typo fixed, along with other assorted typo fixes.
* Orc faction garrisons increased.
* Troll damage increased.
* Elf Lords buffed.
* Various different Lord equipments adjusted, balanced, and improved.
* Beorning and Woodsmen weapons buffed significantly.
* Dwarf, Gondor, Rohan, Dale weapons buffed slightly.
* All warhorses buffed, especially Rohan and the Easterlings.
* Most Mordor/Isengard Orc/Uruk weapons buffed; they're still inferior, but not entirely useless any more.
* Weapon holdtype and flag fixes.
* Bandits are now properly hostile to non-Orc factions! Optional file included for Orc players.
* Deserters now hostile to all factions, not just the player.
* More balancing done.
* (3/10/2015) Greatly reduced Bandit party sizes; no more 100-man outlaw parties.
* (3/10/2015) More weapon balancing and a new Isengard reward weapon.

No triggers/scripts were touched by me, so everything should be seamless. Playtested so far and no bugs came up.

Updated 3/10/2015

Working on a new update for my submod.

Hi I have an issue about the game, or maybe is just a feature that I don't understand. some of my skills are red and lowered, can you explain me why?

Back
Top Bottom