XP learning multiplier should stop at 0.1 but never zero.

XP multiplier lowest possible value 0.1

• Yay

Votes: 54 98.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The hard cap is so dumb and broken. It wouldnt be bad if you got more attribute points but my character is level 20 and none of my attributes are over 5 and one is still at 3. Its like the game wants you to specialize but in order to level you need to spread points around. I my stewart skill with full focus points has hit a hard cap and no longer levels. Im at like 6 skills right now that no longer lvl
with current build, this approach will hurt your progression. What you need is prevent yourself from leveling as much as possible and specialize in few skills, because each level you reach imposes a general experience gain penalty. As if gaining higher skill wasnt difficult enough. This means, avoid leveling skills you dont want at start

The game says it gives attribute per 3 levels, but it gives only at 4. Progression is unfun, fast at start (proficiency 0-20 with max focus :grin:) and very limited. But you have T6 units that have 280 proficiencies, so I suppose it should be reachable right.

Fundamentally, 100% agree with the OP concept. Voted "yes" above, although the specific 0.1 value is debatable.

I visualize that Attribute and Focus points should reflect the character's innate talent and conscious study/effort. Committing points to, say, 1H weapons means I read/think about it a lot, practice, seek tips from knowledgeable masters, etc. Plus, the character just has an affinity for it. So I improve that skill a lot faster. The limit of 1 focus per level (and 1 attribute per 3 levels) simply reflects that there's only so much time available in the day for study/training. (just to torture the analogy a bit further, I tend to think of "focus" as the study/train part, and "attribute" as the underlying talent development aspect).

On the other hand, my character may not care a bit about horsemanship. Doesn't study, train, "practice" in the sense of consciously trying to get better. And may not even be very well suited to great horsemanship talent-wise. BUT...if I spend most of my waking hours on a horse day after day, including combat, well, I'm still going to get better at it, although more slowly than if I'd made a systematic, deliberate effort to do so.

I know I'm just re-stating what others have already said. Shrug.

Being exp blocked is so frustrating. I have several companions as well as my main character that are straight up not leveling key core skills like endurance, horsemanship and 1 handed because we only get the level up points once in a blue moon and because we're forced to waste those points on other important secondaries like leadership, charm, surgeon skills, scout skills ect.

I really like the concept mentioned in the thread. It makes absolutely ZERO sense that because we're experience blocked our character and companions aren't getting skill increases at all in Endurance, Horsemanship, or their equipped weapons when we're using those skills every single fight.

Back
Top Bottom