(With Dev Replies) Development Now Feels Slower than Ever ... Do I Detect Another Code Refactor?

Users who are viewing this thread

What kind of crazy people vote 2 there? XD
Just because people disagree with you they are not crazy. I suspect a few prefer leaving it up to the individual soldiers rather than managing it themselves, feeling that is more realistic.
I did not vote but would have been a "1".

What would defaming do? Reduce influence? I think most of this could be done in the form of issue quests.
In a mod created by @Bloc we have the following effect:

Spread rumours cause the targeted agent to become dishonourable - it decreases relationship with its friends and other lords in the faction. It also causes renown loss.

Down Side:
If you get caught, the target won't be affected by spreading rumors but instead, you will be marked as a liar and will have relationship penalty with others.

with romance, sabotage and assassination these intriguing options enrich the game and dynamics between characters.

---

I also need to ask, when will we have a rebalancing of the cost and benefit of all items, correcting inconsistencies and exorbitant prices?

Last edited:
@Duh_TaleWorlds Do you know if the Battle and siege Ai is being actively worked on?
Yes. You can find the latest changes here
Battles & Sieges
  • Changed the difficulty setting which reduces damage to allies to now only affect the player's own party. Friendly agents outside of the player party will no longer receive a damage reduction.
  • Improved AI target selection while using the mangonel.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the AI to require a second charge order for it to attack and further progress into the enemy town/castle after ladders were raised or the gate broken.
  • Added a scene feature that allows scene designers to override default reference positions to solve instances where the defending AI has trouble determining the enemy’s offensive approach directions due to the scene being too skewed in terms of certain reference points.
  • Removed formation-related speed limits from troops when a battle ends so that they can chase fleeing enemies.
  • Fixed a bug that caused parties with 0 troops to appear after losing a battle as an army.
  • Fixed a bug that caused militia to have a different faction than the settlement, preventing it from joining sieges.

I also need to ask, when will we have a rebalancing of the cost and benefit of all items, correcting inconsistencies and exorbitant prices?
I'm personally not that familiar with this topic, but it will likely see further work as part of the crafting review. Also if you have any particular inconsistencies to point out, it would be good if you could create a topic and @SadShogun or share them / it in the topic he opened.

What would defaming do? Reduce influence? I think most of this could be done in the form of issue quests.
I think defamation could work as a mechanic that not only reduces influence, but reduces a lord's relations with notables, or causing a lord's subjects to doubt him. Basically like a 4th grader spreading rumors about someone and causing everyone to distance themselves from that person or even bully them.

And by the way, any plans on when armour will feel like it's actually useful? I mean, I don't think getting stoned (quite literally) by a bunch of peasant looters in rags in my heavy chainmail/plate armour is very balanced... RBM does a fantastic job at making armour actually do what it's supposed to. I can easily charge into a band of looters without losing 50% of my health to a stone.

I suppose talking about being able to use 2 handers as 1 handers with shields is probably not gonna happen in base game, but maybe? Historically, nothing was really stopping someone from using a longsword as a two hander or a one hander with a shield whenever it was convenient.

Maybe give all weapons the ability to cut through multiple enemies to an extent? Excluding daggers or maces, of course. Unless like give maces sort of like a knockback effect that'd sent enemies flying, and if they hit another enemy, they'd either stagger or knock down some of their fellow troops. Speaking of that, maybe have enemies you hit while riding on a horse at fast speed get sent flying when you hit them?

Oh and give some bigger guards to 2 handed crafting. I've seen some of those really fancy looking big golden guards in the 1 handed section and it's ridiculous! The whole sword is overshadowed by it's massive guard! Meanwhile, the 2 handed guards are tiny. You sure you don't have those guards mixed up or smthn? XD

@Duh_TaleWorlds Is the big problem in siege battle investigated where the soldiers dont climb the ladders or siege towers?
I know you were asking Duh, but your question is pretty much answered here:
Yes. You can find the latest changes here

I'm personally not that familiar with this topic, but it will likely see further work as part of the crafting review. Also if you have any particular inconsistencies to point out, it would be good if you could create a topic and @SadShogun or share them / it in the topic he opened.
Someone already asked the question.

@CannonBoe provided a video below (thank you), I think that's sufficient. The comments below that reddit post do lead to another post which explains that this might be due to it being nighttime. I'll inquire about this tomorrow. In either case, I can see why one would consider this bugged behaviour, especially if the attacking archers can shoot while the defenders just stand there.
Just a follow-up that we're aware of this issue and that we're working on improving it.
The first 0 - 1:10 is me riding around a circle formation that has maybe 1 or 2 crossbowmen shooting while the other 98 stand there.
Jump to 2:05 and you'll see that even when my infantry are standing right in front of them they don't shoot en masse.
We'll be looking into this as well, thank you.

There is an open ticket for it. I suspect it will be part of either 1.6.1 or 1.6.2. Of course, the only true and reliable answer is SoonTM.
Will the death rate also be lowered, or will ageing for kids be sped up?

Once this goes live across all battles, I foresee a great decline in the amount of lords available to fight the wars.

Will the death rate also be lowered, or will ageing for kids be sped up?

Once this goes live across all battles, I foresee a great decline in the amount of lords available to fight the wars.
Death rate will apparently go down to:
To provide some additional details, the initial auto battle death rate will likely result in 1-2 AI deaths / year across Calradia.
(subject to change of course)

Back
Top Bottom