Have the developers given up adding new content?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerlord right now is still very much a framework rather than a full game. There's so many more things that could be added to make the game feel like a real open world instead of a glorified battle simulator.

I would happily pay for a DLC if it added REAL content, I'm sure many others would too. So we do have to rely on modders to fix the game and add content or can the actual developers continue finishing the game...?

Some amazing suggestions made by this YouTuber:

Bannerlord right now is still very much a framework rather than a full game. There's so many more things that could be added to make the game feel like a real open world instead of a glorified battle simulator.

I would happily pay for a DLC if it added REAL content, I'm sure many others would too. So we do have to rely on modders to fix the game and add content or can the actual developers continue finishing the game...?

Some amazing suggestions made by this YouTuber:

great info shared by you THANKS

Agree would happily pay for more content it just feels like a no brainer.

They have created this awesome battle engine which is totally unparrelled in my view and the real time map is an awesome innovation. Now all you have to do is add the other stuff that existing games like TW and CK have already e.g diplomacy, settlement management, interesting missions and characters etc.

I do not fully understand why this is so difficult when compared to the things they have already done.

Irony is while discussing the games weaknesses, we're all watchin a glaring problem but we're so used it it -he never even mentions it. That being -look at him just continuously spin around infanrty picking them off one at a time as a horse archer and they just follow him like a suicidal catepillar. How bout a few them chuck their shields, strip a helmet & scream F* Dat !! and sprint at the horse diving at the rider. Sounds crazy? No crazier than a Suicidal Catepillar. Oh...and the game needs Sprint and different rates of movement speed -was pretty important for pre-gun warfare

Fantastic video, and 100% correct . But Devs have left BL so ... have to look to modders.

You should push this agenda at Nexus Mods.
I'm curious where you found information from Taleworlds stating that the Developers have left the Bannerlord project. While I may not have a high post count I do frequent these forums and the site on the regular and I haven't seen anything other then rumor mongering.

I'm curious where you found information from Taleworlds stating that the Developers have left the Bannerlord project. While I may not have a high post count I do frequent these forums and the site on the regular and I haven't seen anything other then rumor mongering.
Developers rarely if ever state that explicitly as they have little incentive to. Quality and type of response/Patches etc is the only real tell

Developers rarely if ever state that explicitly as they have little incentive to. Quality and type of response/Patches etc is the only real tell
As I said, nobody has said anything about anything. The entire scenario is just rumor mongering and people gaslighting others simply so they can get a rise, spread false information, and just troll. It's best to not spread things but human beings will be human beings and people feel its their God given right to freedom of speech to spread nonsense.

Just my two cents.

"..while I may not have a high post count .." yeh, ok, a dev.

The game has very little late game ! Just constant war & world domination or death (boring as F). Modders have tried to fill the void, with some great mods. If Devs are going to add more late game - GREAT ! but that will run over modders work, leaving them in the lurch, not knowing what to do next. All their work might be for nothing ?

If there was more communication, then we'd all know "WHAT'ZA GOIN ON"

BTW, I'm open to paying for DLC with other factions - Indus ? Japanese ? Chinese ? maybe even late game with lots of features.

As I said, nobody has said anything about anything. The entire scenario is just rumor mongering and people gaslighting others simply so they can get a rise, spread false information, and just troll. It's best to not spread things but human beings will be human beings and people feel its their God given right to freedom of speech to spread nonsense.

Just my two cents.
Last public number was 131 in 2020.
After that I've yet to find any more numbers.

As with all things TW they arent really strong at communicating either way.

As for general assumptions typically after a game is launched to retail as this game is - the staff is then put into other projects or let go if there is no current project.
So it would be natural that there is a reduction in workforce.

There is also the economic situation in Turkey, I dont know how affected TW is by it, but with 66% inflation - its not that unlikely that they also may have been hit by it. Again no information communicated.

There have been post though by devs which can if we read between the lines and our assumptions is correct is that there is a "skeleton crew" on staff now, and thats why things have slowed down like the anticipated 1.30 - again nothing concret communicated and we havent been "confirmed" in our assumtions - but we havent been dismissed either when some have posted/challenge about this assumption(that may be due to companypolicy about not talking their internal structure etc)

However if you claim that its "false information" etc, thats all fine and dandy and you should be able to disprove the claims with facts though to squash the mongering if thats the case.
Like from public records etc

There is another site that gives information that the current employee count is 142 so thats 11 up from the previous public info from 2020.
But again i'm not sure on the site and its accuracy, but it seems to have other company information correct etc.
This number though isnt from the company itself.
Also just because the amount of ppl working at the studio dont mean that they are still working on Bannerlord, but could be working on Dlc or other projects etc.

In conclusion I dont think that they have given up on adding new content, but its most likely takeing longer time than we want, and the utter lack of communication is also not good, as it drives our expectations down or could lead us to abandon the game as such (so no one will buy the dlc's etc)(or less than desired since the overall Bannerlord experience havent been good enough)

So in lack of company communicating you will get speculation based on assumptions and conjecture(that the fancy word?)

Just my two cents.

Keep your two cents -aint worth much around here. And how is anyone gaslighting -do you even understand what that phrase means. The mind is a terrible thing to develop - without help ...

Just my two cents.
Worth about as much.
Nobody said anything about anything, this includes TW.

Back
Top Bottom