Will the 3D conversation background come back one day ?

Users who are viewing this thread

RJ_Sera

Sergeant
I notice that long time ago when this game still in EA, when making conversation with NPC the background is 3D animation, after the quick conversation update came out then it turns into 2D. Will it be back in the future ?

To my knowledge, there is no 2D conversation in the game. Quick conversations use a simplified 3D scene to make them, well, quick. For settlements, you can still visit the character to enter a conversation in the full scene.

To my knowledge, there is no 2D conversation in the game. Quick conversations use a simplified 3D scene to make them, well, quick. For settlements, you can still visit the character to enter a conversation in the full scene.
I mean the background I have two cutted videos here
This is the one with 3D as you can see the shadow moving behind Tacteos
This is the one with 2D as you can see there is only a picture behind him, not the real scene. U can also check it with some video since this game first early access release, whenever we encouter NPC it will load the game and we speak to them in a 3D background scene but since the fast conversation update, now only 2D, I really like the 3D background
Also notice that "army poacher" quest when encouter with bandit at midnight in the village, it will pop up the town's scene instead of the village's scene

Verified with the relevant dev that the background is indeed 2D. Sorry for the confusion.

Having said that, it is unlikely that this will be changed given the impact it has on performance.

Verified with the relevant dev that the background is indeed 2D. Sorry for the confusion.

Having said that, it is unlikely that this will be changed given the impact it has on performance.

The only feedback I'd have is add 2 more pictures. One with a tavern background for wanderers and non noble companions. A second with an open air background for notables.

Just came back to the game after a few years and was presented with dialogue screens like this:

A8107EF6E235337CE69AB793242564C5CDE97D56

It looks absolutely atrocious. Why is everything super bright? Where is the shadowing? Why is the background SO low-res?

Can't find a mod that brings back the old 3D dialogues.

I'd take a second of loading (which will continue to decrease as hardware improves) over this horrendous presentation any day. Hell, what annoys me more is the mouse cursor always returning to center and there not being a way to interact with dialogues with the keyboard; makes talking to NPCs for rumors extremely tedious (and RSI inducing).

Back
Top Bottom