Will mods be availabe for EA?

Do you think there will be mods for EA?

• Yes, since there are mods for Beta aswell.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • No, not until full release.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Yes, but limited

Votes: 32 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

They actually said that there will be no mod in EA. Actually in the early phase of it. They said in one of a Turkish interview. After some time, they will provide the tool for modding.

Making mods during EA will only make their work much harder since any update can reset all their progress.

There will be some minor mods without a doubt.

Whether or not taleworlds releases the modding tools there will be some early mods. There a mods in the multiplayer only beta to allow you to play as babies and stage multiunit army fights. Do you really think that these mods will stop in EA? I don't. Just don't expect PoP or Arda or Perisno size mods before the end of EA

Large mods no, small mods yes.

I am thinking there will be a "less colorful armies" mod to remove all the faction colors from low level troops. I don't really want to see any soldiers running around the battlefield in teal like we saw in the gamescom 2019 demo.

Full potential modding will only start when the mod tools are released, probably not during the early stages of EA but maybe at a later date or with full release, before that smaller mods that deal directly with the game's code will be possible, small tweaks and the like.

Full potential modding will only start when the mod tools are released, probably not during the early stages of EA but maybe at a later date or with full release, before that smaller mods that deal directly with the game's code will be possible, small tweaks and the like.
"
6. Also, I forgot what you guys said about releasing mod tools. Not until after the full release (not early access), right?
Not confirmed but, we have a chance that we can release these tools before the full release. We would like to get some feedback for these tools as soon as possible. It will depend majorly on how full will our plates will be at the EA (engine side) and when we finish the polishing and the documentation for the Editor. "

Lots of the game's data is in XML files like most modern games. This lends itself to the easy creation of "quality of life" mods. More complicated mods will require tools like the scene editor.

Most of this thread is just idle speculation. If we had gotten the promised dev blog on modding we would know many of these answers.

Back
Top Bottom