Why I should not have been banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't a any point in this thread insulted them today. If I didn't break there rules what justification do they have to ban me

Raging Womble said:
I haven't a any point in this thread insulted them today. If I didn't break there rules what justification do they have to ban me
That is indeed true and I respect you for that.
That being said you cannot deny you have been very aggressive in the past to both the server as a whole and to individual admins for example - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,268004.msg6413260.html#msg6413260
As some very wise people have said it is a private run server as is every other server and as such we run it and the admins work on it due to caring about the community, they are not paid and have to do a demanding and sometimes stressful job.
You have been told to raise these bans on the forum, yet you continue to raise these on here and looking up on your history on here you seem to do it a great deal way before Union was even created.

It also appears you have been banned from other servers in the past for similar reasons.
- http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,217266.msg5588600.html#msg5588600

You have been banned as I can see for multiple reasons, multiple times (this is all i could dig up from our archives)
http://pw-union.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?11589
http://pw-union.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10642
and each time have been "Trying to "turn over a new leaf" yet we must ask ourselves how many times are we going to give you another chance.

In conclusion If you follow the standard procedure on our forum your unban will be considered, that being said considering the amounts of times you have been banned and dealt with by a number of admins you ban will most likely stay. However it should be noted that taking up this problem in the wrong channels will not help you get unbanned any faster and will in fact slow the process further.

Raging Womble said:
PW is run by dictators. Just accept the ban and play something else.

Raging Womble said:
OK. Firstly how am I meant to identify someone and show that I am talking to them if I dont use there name? Your rules are absolute bull****. After saying "you need to pay cart insurance" I either said "Joking" or I left him. I didnt make him pay it.

ooc tags Hey you there stop!

//jindran

It's not that hard.

Sir Henry Ellis said:
I find it ludicrous that he has been banned considering he did roleplay, although he didn't demand them to "Halt" he did, quite clearly, demand a toll, when this toll was not met, he attacked the player in question which is the norm of being a 'bandit' or 'thief'. I don't see a problem here with what Womble has done, regardless of what he has done on different servers or whether people care for him or not, he did not deserve to get banned in this case.

The rules state taxes has to be roleplayed, he did not met this standards in the previous logs.

He catched up with the people he chased yet again failed to roleplay means he cannot have killed them since he had no legit reason.

I am saying he should have demanded the players to stop so he could proper roleplay, he decided not to and instead kill the players again.

gamester494 said:
Raging Womble said:
OK. Firstly how am I meant to identify someone and show that I am talking to them if I dont use there name? Your rules are absolute bull****. After saying "you need to pay cart insurance" I either said "Joking" or I left him. I didnt make him pay it.

ooc tags Hey you there stop!

//jindran

It's not that hard.

But if he then responds in character by stopping because you said his name ooc then it's metagaming  :shock:

gamester494 said:
Sir Henry Ellis said:
I find it ludicrous that he has been banned considering he did roleplay, although he didn't demand them to "Halt" he did, quite clearly, demand a toll, when this toll was not met, he attacked the player in question which is the norm of being a 'bandit' or 'thief'. I don't see a problem here with what Womble has done, regardless of what he has done on different servers or whether people care for him or not, he did not deserve to get banned in this case.

The rules state taxes has to be roleplayed, he did not met this standards in the previous logs.

He catched up with the people he chased yet again failed to roleplay means he cannot have killed them since he had no legit reason.

I am saying he should have demanded the players to stop so he could proper roleplay, he decided not to and instead kill the players again.

You do realize roleplaying taxing is virtually impossible if the other person is running past you/riding past you. By the time you have finished typing out your eleborate tax phrase the other guy has simply walked away.

Or if you're very lucky he just attacks you and if you're even luckier, you kill him and you get slayn for randoming.

Also, what was the other player expecting when he ignored somebody saying that he had to pay tax. "Oh he can't kill me, he didn't say halt."

Those players should be banned for being derps.

You should really consider overhauling the rules on the server since they are a continuous cause of friction between players and between players and admins.

gamester494 said:
Sir Henry Ellis said:

Firstly jammy I would like to point out that the complaint on the united forums was dealt with in my favour- I got a refund and unban.
Secondly, you don't seem to want to take in any suggestions with regards to the rules. Look at the "yet another one" thread. At which point do you or other key members of your team take part in the discussion?
And jarl, doing that would be as you say "metagaming" as I don't know his name I'd play how you insist- your only solution to metagaming is metagaming. PW was not designed for this and with all due respect, the 17th and jarlbalruff seem to be fairly new to this community and shoving rp down their necks and ignoring what key community members are saying really isn't the best way to run a setver. Secondly one of those unban requests is on this case. I was hesitant to make it, as your admins told me I could never be unbanned. Furthermore, why you need 4 admins surrounding me when I got banned is beyond me and I cant quite remember who said it, but one of you said "Who would like the honour of banning him?". Is this really the correct approach to admining a server which holds the majority of the playerbase?

Since when is someone ignoring me when I demand they pay tax twice, not a valid reason to kill someone. Look at your ruleset. You have gone against it in this statement.
Faction members are not allowed to Tax each other.

Soldiers can only tax in their lands (see image below).

Taxing must be roleplayed i.e.

Taxing Soldier: “There is a tax on these lands, our lord needs more money to help our peasants grow crops. The tax is 500 gold to pass through our lands”.

Player: “That is so much, good sir, but i will pay.”

Taxing at spawn is not allowed.

If you don't own any lands you are not allowed to tax.

When stopped for Taxes you can choose to go back the way you came and you don't have to pay and cannot be harmed for refusing to pay. However refusing to pay and carrying on your original path is valid reason for the Taxer to attack you.

I didnt have a chance to rp it because they ran off. Once they have run off, there is no need for me to RP it, I can kill them.
And on Av3ng3rs point, he was in a faction - the Starks- A clan- Probably in ts together- using faction chat- He had a guard near him. As soon as I leave Richfields Walls, I am on my own, why would I give him 30 seconds for him to call his TS buddies over?

EDIT: The only admins on your server which actually show themselves to be good admins are perhaps Strick, Ryzen and definitely Zerofighter

In Womble's defense I have to say that you cannot only demand "proper roleplay" from the taxing side, but also from the taxed. And I smell a serious lack here in what I read from the logs (and I personally see people ignoring chat all the time, unless it is THEM wanting something).

On the other hand, as I stated before, it is a game we play, and anger should be roleplayed only as well.
If I (and not only my character) get angry while playing, I either go afk or log out.
That is definitely something that could help you, Womble.

I am thinking of taking up on your suggestion of changing my name to "Calm Womble". However, it feels like that due to my previous record, you ignored the other parties rule breaking, and threw the book at me.

Raging Womble said:
Firstly jammy I would like to point out that the complaint on the united forums was dealt with in my favour- I got a refund and unban.
Secondly, you don't seem to want to take in any suggestions with regards to the rules. Look at the "yet another one" thread. At which point do you or other key members of your team take part in the discussion?
And jarl, doing that would be as you say "metagaming" as I don't know his name I'd play how you insist- your only solution to metagaming is metagaming. PW was not designed for this and with all due respect, the 17th and jarlbalruff seem to be fairly new to this community and shoving rp down their necks and ignoring what key community members are saying really isn't the best way to run a setver. Secondly one of those unban requests is on this case. I was hesitant to make it, as your admins told me I could never be unbanned. Furthermore, why you need 4 admins surrounding me when I got banned is beyond me and I cant quite remember who said it, but one of you said "Who would like the honour of banning him?". Is this really the correct approach to admining a server which holds the majority of the playerbase?
Okay when it comes down to the rules we do accept suggestions and criticism when it is made on the correct forum. Which to my knowledge it has yet to be done. I would be more than happy to take part in a discussion via ts or on our personal forum.

In addition as for your statement that the 17th is new to the community, that is a generalization. Most of the 17th do not play it yet the ones who do have played it for a very long time. My in game name is LadyPenelope, i used to be known for the Republic in RCC about a year ago. Since then I have been an active member of this community.
As for you Ban I was not there when you where banned so i am not aware of this but as stated you have to follow the correct channels for unban's. As for what you state if it is true then I will be having a serious conversation with my admin team as it is not the professional manor that the community expects, although that is 2 sided and admin team does not always get treated with respect.

When a general debate as to rule sets takes place, that shouldn't happen in  a private forum. That happens here. The fact that none of your admins took part in the discussion is disappointing. Furthermore, If you look at the logs you will see during this complaint I was polite constantly.

Raging Womble said:
When a general debate as to rule sets takes place, that shouldn't happen in  a private forum. That happens here. The fact that none of your admins took part in the discussion is disappointing. Furthermore, If you look at the logs you will see during this complaint I was polite constantly.
If it is a debate about  the ruleset of EU Union then it should be carried out on the EU Union forum.

I was talking to Jammy, he ninjad.

Why do you need to carry it out at your forum?.cuz u can ban,mute and talk like if u are special cuz its ur server and forum. Union admins are soooo special.

Jammy said:
Raging Womble said:
If it is a debate about  the ruleset of EU Union then it should be carried out on the EU Union forum.

Why?
More people who play on your server have an account here/visit this forum and additionally you'd get input from various other groups of players aswell.
Plus your forum isn't very userfriendly.

Armie_knock said:
I was talking to Jammy, he ninjad.

Why do you need to carry it out at your forum?.cuz u can ban,mute and talk like if u are special cuz its ur server and forum. Union admins are soooo special.
Ignoring the insults and back to the topic at hand.
We use our own personal  forum as it is where we look into complaints and unban requests. If people raise issues on there we will look into it. However insulting us on Taleworlds and then demanding the admins to be polite and civil, and demanding your unban is not going to get you anywhere.

Our forum will be improved over time, but i believe it is the best way to deal with unbans and other issues in order to not spam tale worlds threads every day.

I thought we had all moved on from the insults, I have apologised and I have not insulted you since, so stop accusing me of doing so. You have been unable to explain how my ban was fair, so please ask the admins who did it, Mario, Robin and Partypig to come on and do so. Your forum is hard to use, hard to read, and if I said anything which you didnt like being on there you could just delete it and mute me.

Please note, that throughout, I have used please, something you are your admins dont seem to do and I have seen someone who I think is Partypig, on the server with troll names, trying to catch people out, running around hitting people, jumping up and down, looking for confrontation and being rude. I asked him which admin he was and he refused to tell me- just ignored me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom