Why I should not have been banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just come off PW having been banned and I'm incredibly frustrated and angry. At this stage I'm not sure whether I will post on your forums because I'm disillusioned about how the players are treated and how admins behave on the EU server. I'm just gonna show the community that you are being inconsistent and unfair, different admins say different things on the rules, you don't even have the updated rules on the forums yet you expect us to follow them.
Firstly I will say why I got banned. It was for " Lying to an admin, Randoming and failing at role playing". The servers definition of randoming is "Before you can kill someone outside of war, there must be a “good reason/solid role play reason” to kill the player". Since when is refusing to pay tax and running off when I speak to him not a good enough reason, despite me telling him twice to pay tax.
the rules pertaining to tax are as follows:

Taxing:

Faction members are not allowed to Tax each other.

Not broken

Soldiers can only tax in their lands (see image below).

Not broken

Taxing must be roleplayed i.e.

Example
Taxing Soldier: “There is a tax on these lands, our lord needs more money to help our peasants grow crops. The tax is 500 gold to pass through our lands”.

Player: “That is so much, good sir, but i will pay.”

I said "100 gold tax to pass" or something to that effect. That is not stellar roleplay but I hope players of the game appreciate that it often takes too much time to rp this situations well. My apologies for this, but I'm slow at typing and can't type fast accurately as you've probably seen from my spelling in game.

Taxing at spawn is not allowed.

Not broken

If you don't own any lands you are not allowed to tax.

Not broken

When stopped for Taxes you can choose to go back the way you came and you don't have to pay and cannot be harmed for refusing to pay. However refusing to pay and carrying on your original path is valid reason for the Taxer to attack you.

They ran away and jumped the gate. Therefore that rule is not broken, and it says valid reason to attack, not valid reason to say halt. Please explain why the killing is therefore randoming.

The above information should adequately explain why it's not ban worthy.

In reagrds to lying, I at first said that I said halt. This was a mistake, as I thought I had. I then said I was sure I had said halt or something like it. Nowhere in the rule-set does it demand that you say halt before you kill someone. If the admins want us to follow this rule, then they need to update the rule set.
Lastly, I was told that I failed at roleplaying. Yet before I had a chance to roleplay, they had run off. Furthermore, my actions about an hour earlier with Duncan Steele, Anvari (?) , Reynard Steele and TJ showed quite the contrary. I think it is clear, that I have not broken any rules except making a mistake when it came to them asking me if I had said halt, yet even so, the admins refused to tell me what I did say ( I think I said stop or something like it)

I mentioned inconsistency earlier in my post; now I have finished talking about my ban I'd like to talk about it. The first example is the way the other party was dealt with - , they lied to the admins about me not saying tax or anything, yet the admins didn't deal with that (to my knowledge). Another example is the way that someone who had mass randomed people was treated. They only received a temp ban for clear disruption of other people's gaming experience, whereas I was banned for something which was not ban-worthy in my opinion.
  I know I've been banned before but since being unbanned my behaviour has massively improved, and I have made a serious effort to roleplay and contribute to the community. This is evidenced by the fact I am often lord of Richfield and have been complimented on my actions as lord.

This post has been edited for spelling, punctuation and grammar and to add further thoughts.

Well in support of the admins, reading logs can be quite a challenge. Especially on a busy server.

Digging out the little nuggets of gold can make mining look quite lightweight in comparison!

One of the reasons why I developed simplified log reading for RCC, that was built upon by Mark, so it is not necessarily a bad admin to be honest, and even then it is still a challenge.

You don't even name the server, but I am sure everyone knows which one it's, with the **** admin, bull**** rules and noobs that protect himself with bull**** they call roleplaying.

Raging_Womble I have seen you several times in NW/PW and to be honest all you are is a troll. And nearly everyone who I talked to about it agrees, last time we played you took a friendly factions knight prisoner purely because you wanted a war. You didn't RP at all, when I complained you killed me.

You deserve this ban.

Dashing Bastard said:
Raging_Womble I have seen you several times in NW/PW and to be honest all you are is a troll. And nearly everyone who I talked to about it agrees, last time we played you took a friendly factions knight prisoner purely because you wanted a war. You didn't RP at all, when I complained you killed me.

You deserve this ban.

What's your problem? Whole point of PW is killing people in wars. Without wars you might aswell not play the mod at all.

And for the love of god stop trying to force people to roleplay.

Av3ng3r said:
Dashing Bastard said:

You deserve this ban.

What's your problem? Whole point of PW is killing people in wars. Without wars you might aswell not play the mod at all.

And for the love of god stop trying to force people to roleplay.
Exactly, if you just want to stand around a table go play club penguin

Dashing Bastard said:

You deserve this ban.

Remember, there are always two sides to a story. You based yours purely from your opinion, and those of others who share your opinion.
If you require an RP reason, I shall give you one while relating it to our history:

Throughout history, there have been cases in which certain people or organizations take hostages to provoke or encourage another person or party to comply with their demands, in this case, Raging wanted a war, so he simply provoked them. That's RP enough mind you.

Second, you know what happens in our world, people "Disappear" when they question motives of "bad" guys.  You get the picture, no need for further explanation.

Herbiazors said:
Complainers die, victims die, players die, admins and server owners dies.. Why? Because you have a greatsword and people always look funny at you

I agree here, we all die. It's just a game, deal with it bro.

In relation to the ban, it's indeed not ban worthy from what I have read. At most, it's just a case of misunderstanding. At worst, it's negligence to provide quality admin support.

Serious mode on

I was watching womble (over his shoulder), and saw the whole incident. I can vouch for it not being ban-worthy but I admit I'm biased towards him. I'm looking forward to the admins trying to explain why they perm-banned him, especially since I share the account. I wouldn't encourage him to do anything that would get me banned. I also don't know why they needed four admins surrounding him, it's a bit off topic but it seems pretty inefficient and probably meant there weren't enough elsewhere. Not impressed by what I saw today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom