Why I should not have been banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jammy said:
Ignoring the insults and back to the topic at hand.
We use our own personal  forum as it is where we look into complaints and unban requests. If people raise issues on there we will look into it. However insulting us on Taleworlds and then demanding the admins to be polite and civil, and demanding your unban is not going to get you anywhere.

Our forum will be improved over time, but i believe it is the best way to deal with unbans and other issues in order to not spam tale worlds threads every day.

People don't want to come to your forum for two reasons:

The first of these is ease of use/appearance/layout but I appreciate you are trying to improve this.

The second is that when we go there we are on your turf and the discussion is dictated by you. The community is on this forum so people will come here to engage the community in their defense. On your forum it becomes a game of the individual in question's word against yours, and on your forum you will win that game every time.

I looked at wombles's unban request as it is a shared account with me and I think Jarl Balruuf (spelling?) is is being unreasonable and allowing personal prejudice to stop him being a good admin. The fact is that the rules don't demand that you say halt and give Womble the right to attack without warning when players are avoiding his taxes. As it stands then the only grounds for punishment are lying and poor RP. The lying one though in my opinion is irrelevant as it was a mistake and since it was with regards to saying halt it doesn't even matter.

That leaves us with poor RP. Jarl said, "Even if you did good roleplay in the past this is fail roleplaying.". To Jarl I say this - that's a fail explanation.
Let me first say that I think it is ridiculous that anyone is perm-banned for poor RP. Now onto the actual specific incident. Womble told the other party to pay 100 gold tax. He didn't do it eloquently but he said it plain and simple, made it clear. That is what is important. We could go down the road of saying that medieval soldiers wouldn't say anything more complex than pay 100 gold tax but that's a stupid argument to have. My main problem with the demands of Jaarl B is that there are a number of obstructions to typing out a long post. Typing takes time if you are spelling accurately. The party being spoken to will very likely move away if you aren't very quick. There is no way for them to know you are typing something, since your first word arrives at the same time as your last.

Jarl also said "Quite frankly I think you never wanted to put effort in the roleplay normal people put their roleplay in one sentence." This is because womble sent a few words individually - the words were part of a sentence and delivered within literally seconds of each other as the logs show:
15:44:13 - *LOCAL* [Raging_Womble] i ******** told
15:44:14 - *LOCAL* [Raging_Womble] you
15:44:15 - *LOCAL* [Raging_Womble] pay
15:44:16 - *LOCAL* [Raging_Womble] taxes

As I mentioned earlier there is no way to see someone is typing and so you normally have to wait a significant time for the whole sentence. Womble tried to circumvent this by typing the words individually. There is no rule against it and I don't see anything wrong with it. Please can I have an explanation as to why it's so terrible. In fact it's probably more accurate role-play than delivering whole paragraphs at a time but that's another stupid argument (maybe we could deliver individual syllables at a time!!). As I said I'd really appreciate an explanation of why it's so bad.

As Raging Womble said earlier, the fact that it's a private server should not mean that you can do as you want and hand out unfair bans. Ultimately the PW community is not big enough to support more than one large (100+ players) server. You have a monopoly on the player base, and as such it is your duty to be responsible, fair and thoughtful admins. As I said, Jarl failed in this obligation. If you continue to behave like this you are failing the community and damaging it.

Ajrt said:
As Raging Womble said earlier, the fact that it's a private server should not mean that you can do as you want and hand out unfair bans. Ultimately the PW community is not big enough to support more than one large (100+ players) server. You have a monopoly on the player base, and as such it is your duty to be responsible, fair and thoughtful admins. As I said, Jarl failed in this obligation. If you continue to behave like this you are failing the community and damaging it.

I believe paying money for the server's upkeep gives them every right to do with it whatever they want.
Sure, it might harm the community, but whatever they do, is their choice.

Now, if you actually donated to their server, to keep it up, then I would say you are in your full right to
demand appropriate behaviour from them, but you're not. They are spending money, so you can use
THEIR server.

Though I am not exactly sure who pays how much for it.

Edit:

What server is "the" EU server anyway?

It is pretty clear which server we are on about.
EU Union if you still didnt get it
And maybe they do have the right to do whatever they want, but if as they say they want to improve the experience then surely they want a fair and responsible admin team?

They probably want that, but they are likely to also want people they don't like gone even more than that.

You don't think it was coincidence that they banned you out of all people for that minor offense, do you?

Serann said:
They probably want that, but they are likely to also want people they don't like gone even more than that.

You don't think it was coincidence that they banned you out of all people for that minor offense, do you?
Not at all. In fact, I looked over my screenshots of the time I was frozen yesterday. The amount of metagaming thats goes on which was just as bad as mine is ridiculous yet completely ignored.........

So obviously appealing to their sense of justice is pointless.

What you need to do is to befriend the staff. It's as simple as that.

If that is true, then you're screwed until people whine and complain enough until the staff is so annoyed,
that they will unban you until the next excuse.

So you agree that it is a BS reason to be banned?
Anyway, its too late, Lady Penelope has decreed that I shall not be unbanned. Heres to hoping the server collapses and dies shortly so I can enjoy the mod. They still havent explained themselves, and I think that is the first time I have seen such a lack of professionalism from mods of a popular server. The fact thaat have dodged around giving a proper explanation for the ban and justifying it when asked demonstrates to me that they know it was an unwarranted ban, and I hope others see it that way. You asked for me to be politer in the future after my last ban and I was, I didnt step out of line once, and then when you unfairly banned me this time, you were the ones being rude, being total hypocrites. For my sake and the sake of the rest of the PW community I hope that the server crumbles and the playerbase moves to a different one with new admins.
And when (if) their server does come tumbling down, hopefully they will remember this thread and my other threads and it will remind them not to ignore what the people are saying. (This isnt about the unban- the rules).

EDIT:: Glad to see EU Union only has 60 players atm, hopefully they will learn to treat people how they would like to be treated.

Raging Womble said:
I thought you hated me and wanted me to leave the community?

I think that personal dislike has been transcended by the realisation of the poor actions of many of the admins of the server involved.

Raging Womble said:

Incorrect, more like I told you to stop raging and just accept that you are banned and disobidient to their strict rules. Just find a new server and bring your friends, hell I would be all up for a thread saying "lets all go to (certain server) because the admins here are...."  Simple, just accept that the admins will find any way to ban you at this point.

Youa gitate me with your demands to be unbanned though :grin:

Sir Edwards said:
Raging Womble said:

Incorrect, more like I told you to stop raging and just accept that you are disobidient to their strict **** rules.

Youa gitate me with your demands to be unbanned though :grin:

Raging Womble said:
Anyway, its too late, Lady Penelope has decreed that I shall not be unbanned. Heres to hoping the server collapses and dies shortly so I can enjoy the mod. They still havent explained themselves, and I think that is the first time I have seen such a lack of professionalism from mods of a popular server. The fact thaat have dodged around giving a proper explanation for the ban and justifying it when asked demonstrates to me that they know it was an unwarranted ban, and I hope others see it that way. You asked for me to be politer in the future after my last ban and I was, I didnt step out of line once, and then when you unfairly banned me this time, you were the ones being rude, being total hypocrites. For my sake and the sake of the rest of the PW community I hope that the server crumbles and the playerbase moves to a different one with new admins.
And when (if) their server does come tumbling down, hopefully they will remember this thread and my other threads and it will remind them not to ignore what the people are saying. (This isnt about the unban- the rules).

EDIT:: Glad to see EU Union only has 60 players atm, hopefully they will learn to treat people how they would like to be treated.

See? This is the reason you will never be unbanned.

You sound absolutely arrogant and insulting in this.

Serann said:
Raging Womble said:

I got bored of being polite when they stopped being polite to me and informed me that I would never be unbanned. Whats the point of being polite to a server that says I will be indefinitely banned, when they havent bothered to let me answer for it, they havent bothered to listen to me, why should I give them the time of day anymore?

Serann said:

I don't blame him. I'm not interested in discussing past actions, he did nothing wrong here and the admins have dealt with it abysmally.

then stop asking for an unban...it is simple if people in power treat you like **** then you treat them the same way, then don't expect them not to use their power to shut you up. 

You are pretty much demanding to have freedom after giving the warden the middle finger...  learn to be the lower man, in actual life you will learn that you must put up with a lot of ****..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom