What factors determine if a rebel clan that has became a clan joins a kingdom or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a game where there is 4 or 5 clans that have a fief but refuse to join a kingdom. Usually they'll become a clan and lose the fief they own the wander the map aimlessly taking space and declaring war on everyone and they never join a kingdom.

This is an interesting question. I have witnessed the behavior you describe several times, and I have seen them hold their own for crazy long times (much more rare), and I once witnessed Tyal rebeling from their Khuzait conquerers and shortly thereafter joining the Nords, giving them an extra clan they normally do not have.

I like that there are different possibilities. Based on my few playthroughs so far I like the randomness of it all. Just throwing in my experience to say that it is possible that they can join a kingdom, if they do so while they still hold the fief, at least. I would like it if it were possible for them to start a new kingdom of their own, have others join them, etc. I don't think that is a current possibility.

I was never able to get such a clan to join my kingdom once they were wandering around, fiefless and enemies of everyone else but me :roll:

This is an interesting question. I have witnessed the behavior you describe several times, and I have seen them hold their own for crazy long times (much more rare), and I once witnessed Tyal rebeling from their Khuzait conquerers and shortly thereafter joining the Nords, giving them an extra clan they normally do not have.

I like that there are different possibilities. Based on my few playthroughs so far I like the randomness of it all. Just throwing in my experience to say that it is possible that they can join a kingdom, if they do so while they still hold the fief, at least. I would like it if it were possible for them to start a new kingdom of their own, have others join them, etc. I don't think that is a current possibility.

I was never able to get such a clan to join my kingdom once they were wandering around, fiefless and enemies of everyone else but me :roll:
I have figured out that rebel clans 9 times out of 10 will join the clan of their culture and only when their culture kingdom goes to war with the kingdom they rebeled from and the kingdom culture of the rebel clan needs to be atleast "rich" or more to recruit the rebel clan. In my current playthrough battania has 7 rebel clans the northern empire has 5 southern empire has 3 western empire has 4 sturgia has 5 aserai has 4 and vlandia only has 1 🤣 khuzait hasn't had any because I conquered the khuzaits and formed the eastern empire and I'm on day like 2687 and things are getting interesting with battania having over 12000 strength which I've never seen also sturgia still holding strong as well so for longevity sake let a town rebel and then just protect them until they join a kingdom.

I have a game where there is 4 or 5 clans that have a fief but refuse to join a kingdom. Usually they'll become a clan and lose the fief they own the wander the map aimlessly taking space and declaring war on everyone and they never join a kingdom.
It would be interesting that the player could recruit these clans into your own kingdom. In my game there are many strong and rich independent Clans i love to recruit. But as of now only Enemy kingdoms can recruit these clans.

Once they join a kingdom you can recruit them like normal
Thats the problem, they are not recruited by any other kingdom and it has been for years like that. I would like the option that you can recruit them without them being recruited by any other kingdom. In that way its easier to get those unrecruited clans. Just by going to the clan leader and offer them protection against other kingdoms and of course a nice sum of denars and maybe promise him a few fiefs. That would be awesome. Grtz Vaan.

Back
Top Bottom