Why are there no duel servers?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was expecting that and looking forward to testing the Bannerlord combat system. Also, my casual friends don't want to start because they get owned in battles, and I cannot teach them due to lack of dueling servers... This sucks. This is so easy to implement. I heard the beta lasted so long and yet no duel servers? Taleworld devs, what gives? I don't mean to blame or to be toxic, but you guys should have really implemented dueling servers. Just add it to the custom server option. It shouldn't be hard, and it also shouldn't have come to this where I have to beg on the forums for it.

People have had the same thought during the whole beta. There was no environment for people to test the combat since the start of the beta.

Last edited:
Seriously. I mean at least with everyone hating on the class system TaleWorld's backed their choice up with "we need to be able to work through balancing" like okay that sorta makes sense.

But duel servers? Everyone begs for them and it's literally one of the easiest things to implement and we only want them so we can spend more time playing the game and testing/mastering your product. Like where is the downside of a duel server lol.

Seriously. I mean at least with everyone hating on the class system TaleWorld's backed their choice up with "we need to be able to work through balancing" like okay that sorta makes sense.

But duel servers? Everyone begs for them and it's literally one of the easiest things to implement and we only want them so we can spend more time playing the game and testing/mastering your product. Like where is the downside of a duel server lol.
The downside is people figuring out how flawed the combat is.

Why is there a delay when you release an attack now? It makes it feel laggy and clunky. Also the stance thing is a bit under-controllable but at least it doesn't ruin the combat the way the attack delay does... it's like I have 150+ ping except I don't. Not that the servers work good, they crash all the time, but still when they are up my ping is pretty good but I feel laggy on attacks. I have played more then enough MnB to know the difference the the purposeful delay in attacks added to the game was a mistake, IMO and will make dueling much harder I feel.

Why is there a delay when you release an attack now? It makes it feel laggy and clunky. Also the stance thing is a bit under-controllable but at least it doesn't ruin the combat the way the attack delay does... it's like I have 150+ ping except I don't. Not that the servers work good, they crash all the time, but still when they are up my ping is pretty good but I feel laggy on attacks. I have played more then enough MnB to know the difference the the purposeful delay in attacks added to the game was a mistake, IMO and will make dueling much harder I feel.

I noticed this too, I don't like it at all.

Really? That is sad. I always had a very high regard for Taleworld Develeopers.. I respected them because I thought they were interested in making MnB a good game and for the people. I guess I thought wrong...
They only care about the single player since it makes them the most money. Little do they know, MP could've possibly been on an eSports path. It's too bad.

We still have some work to do on the Duel game mode before we can release it. I don't know how long that will take though at this moment in time. When I have more info, I will share it.

Hope its gonna be a simple duel mode, where we can just spawn in instead of some tournament or whatever.
yea... if its some tournament where I have to wait to play just dont even bother.... just make a duel server like the team deathmatch server where you can spawn in and just duel.

Back
Top Bottom