What is the current state for hosting a server?

Users who are viewing this thread

About one year ago, I hosted a Captain mode server to play with friends. However, it was terribly unstable and would drop frequently. At that time, I researched it and it seemed to be an issue with the game's overall multiplayer coding.

I see a few recent posts about server issues but that they have been resolved.

So, my question is, how stable is it to host a server these days, specifically one in Captain server mode? Previously, I couldn't get a server to run for more than 40 minutes before it would crash.

Thanks in advance.

Where can I find dumps/crash logs...??? Server-side... I've only been dealing with Bannerlord servers for a week...
I've been told that the maps are to blame for this...

Server crased again now ... ;(

The server crashed again. I had disabled autoteam. Now, I was informed that 9 players were on one side during the crash. I've reactivated autoteam. Test again."

Last edited:
The server crashed again. I had disabled autoteam. Now, I was informed that 9 players were on one side during the crash. I've reactivated autoteam. Test again."
Right well the 9 players on one side is probably the reason behind the crash. Natively, Captain mode supports 6v6 (without team swaps).

Right well the 9 players on one side is probably the reason behind the crash. Natively, Captain mode supports 6v6 (without team swaps).
No crashes for the past 2 days. 7v7 and NumberOfBotsPerFormation 60 (default: 25) are working! This is the best unit count, and playing Rambo doesn't have as much impact anymore!

No crashes for the past 2 days. 7v7 and NumberOfBotsPerFormation 60 (default: 25) are working! This is the best unit count, and playing Rambo doesn't have as much impact anymore!
Maximum NumberOfBotsPerFormation should be 100 if I recall correctly. But glad that the crashes are gone.

Maximum NumberOfBotsPerFormation should be 100 if I recall correctly. But glad that the crashes are gone.
Yes, the only crash that happened is due to the team distribution. Having 9 players on one side and 5 players on the other side occurred even though AutoTeamBalanceThreshold is set to 1. The server then crashed. How can this be? AutoTeamBalance should prevent that, right? Only 7 players should be on one side. What could be the problem?

Ok i test it :wink: 8 vs 3 its OK ...9 vs XX Server Crashed... AutoTeamBalance its broken.
A few months ago, I can remember that I was auto-switched in-game. Since then, it hasn't happened. It doesn't occur at the start of the game but after the second or subsequent rounds. Players leave, and new ones join. It must be programmed so that with 8 players on one side, nothing can be selected or changed.(y)
And, or, or not :wink:

Last edited:
Ok i test it :wink: 8 vs 3 its OK ...9 vs XX Server Crashed... AutoTeamBalance its broken.
A few months ago, I can remember that I was auto-switched in-game. Since then, it hasn't happened. It doesn't occur at the start of the game but after the second or subsequent rounds. Players leave, and new ones join. It must be programmed so that with 8 players on one side, nothing can be selected or changed.(y)
And, or, or not :wink:
With v1.2.x series, we're making the following change:
  • The “AutoTeamBalanceThreshold” option now accepts numbers instead of enum indices. This means that you can now set the auto team balance threshold from 0 to 30 players.
It might be good to wait on that, test it, and see if the issue persists. Currently, the numbers you insert under AutoTeamBalanceThreshold don't directly represent the maximum difference between the teams in the game.

• The “AutoTeamBalanceThreshold” option now accepts numbers instead of enum indices. This means that you can now set the auto team balance threshold from 0 to 30 players.
It might be good to wait on that, test it, and see if the issue persists. Currently, the numbers you insert under AutoTeamBalanceThreshold don't directly represent the maximum difference between the teams in the game.

Thank you for the info. Okay, I'll patiently wait. I thought the 1 represented it being activated.... :wink:

Wait, so you are saying that the AutoTeamBalance doesn't work right now? That would explain why I've seen players start to team stack...

It works, but the numbers don't directly represent the team difference enforced in the game (inserting 0 will disable it).
Ah, that explains it. I had set it to 1 and it was allowing a 2 player difference between teams. I set it to 0 only to find that it disabled it, as you just pointed out.
It would be nice to see that number actually be changed to directly represent the team difference enforced. Not only would it be more intuitive, but it would allow us administrators to actually set the number to what we want.

Ah, that explains it. I had set it to 1 and it was allowing a 2 player difference between teams. I set it to 0 only to find that it disabled it, as you just pointed out.
It would be nice to see that number actually be changed to directly represent the team difference enforced. Not only would it be more intuitive, but it would allow us administrators to actually set the number to what we want.
That's exactly what's being done with v12x.

Back
Top Bottom