What made you happy today?

Users who are viewing this thread

BenKenobi said:
Handed in my Master's thesis. Now is the time when I start to see all the mistakes  :iamamoron:

Congrats! And don't worry too much - I noticed dozens of spelling mistakes after getting my thesis published. I wish I had the money at the time to spring for a professional grammar review, because I and the people hired by the journal sure did a terrible job of it.  :oops:

New Bias lighting installed behind my ultrawide monitor, and discovering that this monitor is way more badass than I gave it credit for. Lots of stand adjustments and user settings I never even knew about.

Leveled up.  :grin:

Our local area has started up a program where various public buildings (police, fire, etc) and some of the churches have installed "blessing boxes", nice little boxes where you can stash supplies for the needy. Mostly food, but you're allowed to use the bottom shelf for other items. We're starting up our old Outreach again and using our old contacts to stock the hell out of these things, as well as to get rid of a lot of our old items that we still have left over from before. It works much better than having to meet the people face to face, since many people are too proud to take a handout if they know you, as well as finally being able to unload the entire pallet of feminine products that we can't get people to take in person.

It's also really nice to get back into the charity business, especially now that I don't have to meet anyone directly. I love helping people, but my social anxiety makes it really hard to do so.

I spent an hour and a half or so at my uncle's house this afternoon, with him and his two kids who are a bit younger than me. 'Twas good fun. It was great to spend some casual time with the three of them, especially the kids. It was great to spend time with people near my own age. I don't see young people very often, and when I do it's usually a bit awkward, doesn't last as long as I'd like it to, doesn't go perfectly, and then I over-analyze the **** out of it afterwards and cringe at all the awkwardness and all the things I think I shouldn't have said or should've done differently. But today... I think it all went well. We had conversations, we had laughs, I got to try my cousin's new Oculus Quest VR system (I'd never tried VR before), there weren't awkward silences, nobody -like me- ****ed up and said something stupid... Or at least, I'm not aware that I ****ed up. I'm trying not to overthink it and find something that I'll feel bad about; I'm just glad of how well it went and how much fun I had.

Genuinely, I'm not ****posting at all here, but I feel bad about your situation quite often. Living in rural America as a young person sounds dire. If only you had a chairman Mao to force city boys to live in your area. Pls come 2 London, we have pubs and people don't mind if you're a bit awkward.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
Genuinely, I'm not ****posting at all here, but I feel bad about your situation quite often. Living in rural America as a young person sounds dire. If only you had a chairman Mao to force city boys to live in your area. Pls come 2 London, we have pubs and people don't mind if you're a bit awkward.
Summed up my feelings quite well. I mean, I live in rural e-stonia, but that just means my village is 5 kilometres away and the nearest town is a 25 km town so I have the benefits of my own land and privacy but the advantages of having most things just a 5 or 15 min drive away. :razz:

You've probably answered this already Arvendor, but are you homeschooled?

Arvenski said:
I spent an hour and a half or so at my uncle's house this afternoon, with him and his two kids who are a bit younger than me. 'Twas good fun. It was great to spend some casual time with the three of them, especially the kids. It was great to spend time with people near my own age. I don't see young people very often, and when I do it's usually a bit awkward, doesn't last as long as I'd like it to, doesn't go perfectly, and then I over-analyze the **** out of it afterwards and cringe at all the awkwardness and all the things I think I shouldn't have said or should've done differently. But today... I think it all went well. We had conversations, we had laughs, I got to try my cousin's new Oculus Quest VR system (I'd never tried VR before), there weren't awkward silences, nobody -like me- ****ed up and said something stupid... Or at least, I'm not aware that I ****ed up. I'm trying not to overthink it and find something that I'll feel bad about; I'm just glad of how well it went and how much fun I had.
What you need to help you ease up in social situations is alcohol.

Genuinely, I'm not ****posting at all here, but I feel bad about your situation quite often. Living in rural America as a young person sounds dire.
Thanks, man. Actually, living in the country isn't bad. It's pretty, and it's often quiet (apart from dickhead neighbors). We've got space, we've got trees, we've got a big back yard and a farm. When I was little that was awesome, because I had lots of room to play and explore and could be outside a lot. I'm still grateful for it. I like where I live, I just wish we knew more people who weren't older than my parents. 

Yeah, but at the very least in a city you can whinge about the insane house prices with your friends. Living on a farm surrounded by judgemental boomers must be horrific.
Jesus Christ, you're more right than you know. :lol: In the town where our farm is, for whatever reason, there don't seem to be many other farmers in the area who are younger than my dad. Dunno why, maybe the older generation just had **** luck with women. From what I've seen of them, that wouldn't surprise me. :lol: I mean, there are a few big, multi-generational farms in the area that have probably got 2 or 3 generations of family working them, but we don't know any of them very well. My dad knows a lot of people around here who are farmers or in the agriculture industry, but like I said, most of them are older than him, so the people we're frequently in contact with are the has-beens, the eccentrics, and the old guys who are living in the past and don't understand that it's not 1950 anymore. So yeah, judgemental boomers. Oh, that's right, there are a few middle-aged folks who we see now and then. A couple of them are nice neighbors. A couple of them are ******* neighbors. (Luckily, we don't have much to do with them.) And a few of them are just the local morons who come crying to my dad whenever they're in a jam. I wish we could get rid of that last group of people, holy ****.

Yeah, congrats and all, but I am half bald and the part with hair gets quite uncomfortable when the hair grows, especially during the summer. Didn't all this hair bother you?  :shock:

37-43 cm, had to measure them, because you need to donate at least 25 cm. You get used to it, though first you need to get used to dunking them in your coffee/tea/soup every now and then, at least I had to, kept them loose most of the time :lol:

I was surprised it didn't bother me at all during summers. I know it makes sense, but still wasn't expecting it would keep heat away so well. Wind was bigger issue because strands would catch in my lousy excuse for a beard and I'd end up with mouthful of hair. Trying to get it out with my tongue made me look like proper mad hobo, though, so that was good.

Back
Top Bottom