What is the next major content after Rebellions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yep, that game lol... I remember the siege equipment floating through walls and boats sailing onto land, what a mess.
GoT, Last Jedi levels of disappointment when that game came out lol
They didn't even claim it was early access or anything. Also scrapped traditional features and new ideas to make it 'easier to understand' and 'more streamlined'. This is what happens when studios go all corporate. I didn't expect Taleworlds to go in that direction since it's independent but yeah. Rome II is still popular though so I guess it could be seen as a success story in the industry...

I miss old times too... then dlc were known as expansions :sneaky:?
dlc-as-burgers.jpg

The fanbois would have you know that buying perfectly good BREAD is FINE- that DLC turning a perfectly good vegan bread meal into a hamburger is because you're a whiny little c%^t!

Be HAPPY to your DLC overlords!

The fanbois would have you know that buying perfectly good BREAD is FINE- that DLC turning a perfectly good vegan bread meal into a hamburger is because you're a whiny little c%^t!

Be HAPPY to your DLC overlords!
Except it’s not always the case and unfortunately the whiners show up everywhere.

Games like Stellaris put substantial amounts of effort and adjustments into each new major expansion, yet some still demand it for free and act like their $30 from a steam sale entitled them to all the non-stop work that those devs put in post-launch.

I hate the price structure as much as the next guy, and was one of the few vocal people about where this was going 20 years ago when college nerds were BEGGING for Eastern style micro-transaction and DLC models. We asked for it, so we got it.

But that doesn’t nullify the obnoxious people who feel they have a right to other people’s work and effort simply because they exist and they want it. Those people should be told to eat their damn bread and like it!! ?

I'm in agreement with most here. What I wish for is that Bannerlord to have the nuance of games like the Crusader Kings franchise, perhaps not through gameplay features by clicking through dozens of windows just to micro manage your way forward. But the complexity of the game's AI whether it through alliances, spies, assassins', family betrayals, or perhaps a more extensive marriage system instead of the sole purpose of continuing your bloodline? Just off the top of my head.

I miss warband adventuring and individuality... The lack of it creates a huge frustration. People think that ****ty banner will save the world, jump into the mission and be like "WTF?". Funny thing is, the banner is good for nothing, just a make shift excuse for the game to have a mission.
There was a period in M&B where we could go around without some feeling of urgency.

Maybe they will add some feeling into the game next and shake off this one man clan mantle a little.

Edit: Did i just read in another thread that the Khuzait are also immune to Rebellion?!! Thats mindblowing that the faction that already over dominates is also made immune to the one new feature aimed to curb that. If true thats utter dereliction of duty

Myzea just rebelled against Monchug. No Immunity.

What needs to be checked is, if the Khuzait are as vulnerable to rebellions as the other factions, or if there advantages apply to this feature aswell. For instance, if the no horse cheat and the speed bonus make their armies overall stronger, they are likely to have more troops. More troops mean, they are also likely to have stronger garrisons. Having stronger garrisons means:
a - they can hold a fief longer to complete buildings
b - security does not decrease that much or is even increasing

Both are able to strenghen loyalty, which would mean, the Khuzait might suffer less from rebellions than other factions.
Also, since ending a rebellion is done by retaking the fief, a faction which has an advantage in that regard will also have an advantage against rebellions.

I miss warband adventuring and individuality... [...]
There was a period in M&B where we could go around without some feeling of urgency.

Agreed. I miss the ability to "slow start" the game. Especially, right now, the cap on the main quest does not really make sense. Ignoring the quest on the other hand feels like missing out on some immersion. But the snowballing also limits the ability do act slow.

@Question of the OP: The Education system would be interesting. I'd like to have a fully fledged dynasty system.

Last edited:
The initial quest of warband was good, it gave you a first objective to wet your feet in the game, how to recruit troops, two small battles (hideout and streets) and some denars to start the game before leaving you to your own fate.

bannerlord's mainquest could be interesting but it has a sense or urgency all the time and leads you all across the map chasing lords just for snippets of lore and then from one generic hideout fight to another and another and another... where are unique scenes for the mainquest? more interesting dialogue, plot twists etc, either gives us a slow start or a hell of a plot worthy of being called a mainquest.

If they ditched the dragonbanner quest and kept only the family one with a bit more work on it things would be better, could make the dragonbanner a sidequest or something you can get from your ruler trying to increase his legitimacy when you join a faction for example (with the option to keep the banner for yourself as it is now)

The initial quest of warband was good, it gave you a first objective to wet your feet in the game, how to recruit troops, two small battles (hideout and streets) and some denars to start the game before leaving you to your own fate.

bannerlord's mainquest could be interesting but it has a sense or urgency all the time and leads you all across the map chasing lords just for snippets of lore and then from one generic hideout fight to another and another and another... where are unique scenes for the mainquest? more interesting dialogue, plot twists etc, either gives us a slow start or a hell of a plot worthy of being called a mainquest.

If they ditched the dragonbanner quest and kept only the family one with a bit more work on it things would be better, could make the dragonbanner a sidequest or something you can get from your ruler trying to increase his legitimacy when you join a faction for example (with the option to keep the banner for yourself as it is now)
Main quest definitely needs more work but personally I would be happy with a sandbox option where you can get rid of the quest and create your own family / clan (if you want one). Including different starts like trader / noble / peasant / bandit.

Main quest definitely needs more work but personally I would be happy with a sandbox option where you can get rid of the quest and create your own family / clan (if you want one). Including different starts like trader / noble / peasant / bandit.
Indeed an option like that would be awesome, select character background with the option to create a few family members at the start if you want.

I wasn't aware that you only meant new features that didn't exist in Warband, thanks for clarifying. By the way, your suggestion to add more castles and factions wasn't that brilliant and new either... :xf-wink:

Ideally bandit forts would be difficult to reach because of deep woods or mountains so you can't simply go there with 500 units. Similar to the hideouts but on a larger scale. If you win you could become a bandit lord yourself or use it to create a kingdom. This would allow you to build roads to make it more accessible at the cost of lower security. But I guess this is getting to complex...

I believe it was originally planned but at some point decided against it.

Yes, that's why I was against adding more castles and factions to the current map. But I can't see them expanding the map / adding factions without a major DLC some time after release.

They decided against it because the issue is generating a castle on a map. Part of the plan was also to allow cities and castles to evolve over time and the improvements you did would alter the castle map itself, but the issue is that the maps are all hand created, and it was either dynamicly make stuff (not easy, doable, but not easy) or create numerous variations of each castle/city based on the the possible construction setup.

They decided against it because the issue is generating a castle on a map. Part of the plan was also to allow cities and castles to evolve over time and the improvements you did would alter the castle map itself, but the issue is that the maps are all hand created, and it was either dynamicly make stuff (not easy, doable, but not easy) or create numerous variations of each castle/city based on the the possible construction setup.

AFAIK castle scenes change with regards to the upgraade level, no? So a lvl castle will have wooden ramparts while a lvl 3 castle would have stone ramparts.

Back
Top Bottom