What is the next major content after Rebellions?

Users who are viewing this thread

the modding system will be more like skyrim right? I think they wont only be included in overhauls, most of them
I only got skyrim a few days ago so idk what the modding system is like, but I hope so I guess lol
Final version will be biggest and only major content we can hope for. We need to face the reality.
This game is just too much for TW. They just can not gandle this game.
I am not criticizing them, it is harsh reallity. TW knows it, we know it. Maybe it is fictional game but development to s not fictional (or it is haha).
Mods are only thing we can hope for.
I'd prefer the final update to come asap at this point and just have a stable game so we can have stable mods. Waiting for beta updates to become the main branch so mods will update or having to decide between new features added in updates or features from mods that I'm used to is the most annoying thing. I was spending so much time downloading and rearranging files that I've just given up trying to play the game lately.

An invasion mechanic could counter snow
balling.

Not unless it was extremely balanced, better than knife-edge. Otherwise you'd get an invasion weak enough for a seriously snowballing faction to brush it off or an invasion so powerful it instantly becomes the new snowballing faction. And in either case, it would railroad someone's playthrough in order to deal with that threat.

Kinda makes me worried that any features added by mods will only be included in total overhauls.
Don't think so unless the authors of said total overhaul want to keep a feature exclusive to their mod, bannerlord's modding is exactly like Skyrim, i'ts modular so you can mix and match mods at will as long as they are compatible with each other, my last modlist for skyrim SE has some 400 mods all patched and working flawlessly together with each other, in comparison previous M&B games had a fixed module system where they only loaded one mod at a time so it had to be a complete package with all features you wanted in your playthrough.

Don't think so unless the authors of said total overhaul want to keep a feature exclusive to their mod, bannerlord's modding is exactly like Skyrim, i'ts modular so you can mix and match mods at will as long as they are compatible with each other, my last modlist for skyrim SE has some 400 mods all patched and working flawlessly together with each other, in comparison previous M&B games had a fixed module system where they only loaded one mod at a time so it had to be a complete package with all features you wanted in your playthrough.
I see, thanks.

Not unless it was extremely balanced, better than knife-edge. Otherwise you'd get an invasion weak enough for a seriously snowballing faction to brush it off or an invasion so powerful it instantly becomes the new snowballing faction. And in either case, it would railroad someone's playthrough in order to deal with that threat.

Not everything has to be "extremely balanced' -there is nothing wrong with dominant factions generally dominating. Much can get lost as well when all factions are forced to be equal in the named of things not snowballing. Think about a sandbox WW2 game in europe - the Major players (Germany/England/Russia)SHOULD dominate -everytime!! Would be pretty annoying if they watered them down just so they didnt snowball and allow Bulgaria and Finland a chance to dominate. What does or at least should neutralize is that the world should react and counter to a dominating faction in interesting ways to -sanctions, alliances, attacking the resources of the snowballing faction, politics, infiltration, rabble rousing etc... that is how you achieve interesting balance not just balance for balance sake. if there is a chance of invasion -there should be built in counters for said invasion as well to pre-emptively weaken or even stop them in their tracks before its begun.

Not everything has to be "extremely balanced' -there is nothing wrong with dominant factions generally dominating. Much can get lost as well when all factions are forced to be equal in the named of things not snowballing. Think about a sandbox WW2 game in europe - the Major players (Germany/England/Russia)SHOULD dominate -everytime!! Would be pretty annoying if they watered them down just so they didnt snowball and allow Bulgaria and Finland a chance to dominate. What does or at least should neutralize is that the world should react and counter to a dominating faction in interesting ways to -sanctions, alliances, attacking the resources of the snowballing faction, politics, infiltration, rabble rousing etc... that is how you achieve interesting balance not just balance for balance sake. if there is a chance of invasion -there should be built in counters for said invasion as well to pre-emptively weaken or even stop them in their tracks before its begun.
This. I get worried that everything will become so 'balanced' that no faction will ever feel threatening.

This. I get worried that everything will become so 'balanced' that no faction will ever feel threatening.

Yep and its not looking good. From Mexxicos latest statements he suggested adding a limiting horse as a resource mechanic and it was rejected. So it seems they are only interested in a mathematical balance -NOT interesting gameplay world event type balance. Thats a very bad sign of their vision or lack of for the final game. Seems they are just trying to placate people who are complaining but are using broad uninteresting paint strokes to get it done.

Seems Mods will indeed be our last saving grace here. Seriously doubt the LOTR guys are gonna worry to make sure The Peoples of the Shire are on par with Mordor.

Balanced with assymetric factions was doomed when they standardized troop costs for hiring, upkeep, and upgrade. You can never have lighter armour or simpler weapon troops in this kind of environment and expect it to work.

Those lighter armour troops need a lower upkeep. Troops that aren’t getting a big of an equipment jump need a lower upgrade cost. It’s okay to have Sturgian foot soldiers at a higher level then Vlandian foot soldiers, those troops will just expect more for their services

If the AI needed horses to upgrade their troops just like the player this would be a massive blow to the Khuzait that i believe would greatly help balancing them out since loses would be catastrophic for them if they had to spend more money than average running after fresh supplies of horses to upgrade their mounted archers of doom thus reducing their effectiveness in the campaign by slowing down their conquests giving time for other factions to be better prepared to face them.

I get worried that everything will become so 'balanced' that no faction will ever feel threatening.

This is why there needs to be a gameplay system that balances the game. Because even if they reach their goal of everyone is totally balanced and nothing happens, the player will tip the scale and their chosen kingdom will start steamrolling. Tons of people have suggested stuff like civil war to break apart bigger players, but I haven't heard any word that something like that is going in.

Some other potential solutions :

-Alliances
-Rebellions spanning entire cultures
-Gavelkind succession law

If taleworlds is keen on not adding additional kingdoms to the mix, perhaps there should always be a king's title floating around, like instead of the kingdom of battania dying, whoever controls the most of their kingdom when they are destroyed gains the "king of battania" title. Upon the death of a ruler with more than one kingdom, the gavelkind succession would split the two kingdoms between his sons. Since they are now both "kings" they are not beholden to each other and the faction would split. Only with the "emperor" title can multiple kingdoms be under one rule after succession, essentially granting that power to whoever holds the dragon banner.

Funny, know next to nothing about the real Huns of ancient europe but after reading about them -seems they really did Snowball Rome and Europe at will! Make sense they should in game as well.

This is why there needs to be a gameplay system that balances the game. Because even if they reach their goal of everyone is totally balanced and nothing happens, the player will tip the scale and their chosen kingdom will start steamrolling. Tons of people have suggested stuff like civil war to break apart bigger players, but I haven't heard any word that something like that is going in.

-Alliances

If taleworlds is keen on not adding additional kingdoms to the mix, perhaps there should always be a king's title floating around, like instead of the kingdom of battania dying, whoever controls the most of their kingdom when they are destroyed gains the "king of battania" title. Upon the death of a ruler with more than one kingdom, the gavelkind succession would split the two kingdoms between his sons. Since they are now both "kings" they are not beholden to each other and the faction would split. Only with the "emperor" title can multiple kingdoms be under one rule after succession, essentially granting that power to whoever holds the dragon banner.

I clearly doubt that they will add a faction, they are already struggling to differentiate themselves and it is only the troop trees and the visuals of buildings that have done something unique in each of them. it, the deep culture of factions is non-existent

-Alliances

These would be far better solutions. You wouldn't end up with a perpetually stable world. Even if one faction took everything on the map it wouldn't have to mean the end of the campaign.

Sacking and abandoning cities should also be a thing, so that wars don't have to result in annexation.

Yes, if you take a look at the roadmap, most of it is either implemented by now or already confirmed for the next updates:

Of course it's possible that we see some surprises but if they follow the roadmap they published development seems to be finished soon™.
This is not a proper “Roadmap”, its what they are working on for the next updates, once they finish this one they create another thread with what is going to be done next, i doubt that this is the end for the updates.

These would be far better solutions. You wouldn't end up with a perpetually stable world. Even if one faction took everything on the map it wouldn't have to mean the end of the campaign.

Sacking and abandoning cities should also be a thing, so that wars don't have to result in annexation.
Sacking and plundering settlements is in their plans

Rebellions are cool and all but we really needed civil wars to spice up the game, kinda like the imperial civil war but dynamically, there was a mod for this but it's sadly outdated, hope the author will pick it up to keep working on it after the official rebellion mechanics now.

Sacking and plundering settlements is in their plans
Yeah I remember someone saying they're 'looking at' or 'thinking about' it.
Rebellions are cool and all but we really needed civil wars to spice up the game, kinda like the imperial civil war but dynamically, there was a mod for this but it's sadly outdated, hope the author will pick it up to keep working on it after the official rebellion mechanics now.
That Revolutions mod looked so promising.

Not everything has to be "extremely balanced' -there is nothing wrong with dominant factions generally dominating.

You're right, not everything needs to be balanced. But if you want to stop a snowballing faction with an outside invasion mechanic, have it actually work in practice and not lead to the exact same situation with a different colored snowball, it does need to be balanced. And in most games with invasion mechanics (TW, CK2, Stellaris), they are meant as a late-game challenge to force players to not **** around with turtle strategies that endlessly amass power in a safe manner. They aren't designed to check a single faction's power.

At any rate, people on this forum complained about feeling railroaded by the campaign structure of the game. If you don't like the six major factions being balanced against one another, take it up with the people who complain about fighting a massive Khuzait horde every single playthrough.

As for the rest: a sandbox WW2 game? When you say "sandbox" what do you mean exactly?

Back
Top Bottom