Votes: 52 11.3%
  • The Southern Empire

Votes: 28 6.1%
  • Other ( Please Specify)

Votes: 27 5.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

BlazingScribe said:
Sure, Vaegirs can function to an extent, but I've found their infantry to be unreliable at best.
Are you telling me that you think spear levies, half naked berserkers and the occasional competent footman are going to be a reliable infantry force?
BlazingScribe said:
Then again, I'm primarily a Rhodok player, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.
The precursors to the Swadians are the Vlandians and the prescusors to the Rhodoks are the Swadians. They also seem like the most likely faction to have good spearmen/pikemen and are the only faction to have crossbows that we know of. I think Vlandians would be a much more Rhodok choice honestly

Totally Aserai: Beautiful camels, deserts rides, cimitars (do they have cimitars?), BALANCED TROOPS, Arabian a e s t h e t h i c s, and how about hookahs and hachiz, dear Taleworlds?

Protector of The Fields said:
BlazingScribe said:
Sure, Vaegirs can function to an extent, but I've found their infantry to be unreliable at best.
Are you telling me that you think spear levies, half naked berserkers and the occasional competent footman are going to be a reliable infantry force?
BlazingScribe said:
Then again, I'm primarily a Rhodok player, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.
The precursors to the Swadians are the Vlandians and the prescusors to the Rhodoks are the Swadians. They also seem like the most likely faction to have good spearmen/pikemen and are the only faction to have crossbows that we know of. I think Vlandians would be a much more Rhodok choice honestly

I guess I should clarify.  My main problem with the vaegir infantry is how their equipment can drastically change from battle to battle. It's the same reason I used swadian knights and not mamelukes. Simply put, vaegir infantry cannot be counted on to have a shield, or to not have a shield, 100% of the time. That bugs me. It's not that Battanian infantry will necessarily be much better stastically, but based on the gameplay I have seen their equipment and higher tiers is at least consistent, so I can expect their units to perform more consistently as a result. They may not always win, but at least if they lose, I can't blame RNG for giving everyone two handed axes instead of shields.

Follow-up. I liked playing Rhodoks in Warband. But I would like to try more combined arms tactics, get creative in bannerlord. Besides which, I would need to see how effective Vlandian crossbows actually are. Archers have so far proven deadly.

BlazingScribe said:
I guess I should clarify.  My main problem with the vaegir infantry is how their equipment can drastically change from battle to battle. It's the same reason I used swadian knights and not mamelukes. Simply put, vaegir infantry cannot be counted on to have a shield, or to not have a shield, 100% of the time. That bugs me. It's not that Battanian infantry will necessarily be much better stastically, but based on the gameplay I have seen their equipment and higher tiers is at least consistent, so I can expect their units to perform more consistently as a result. They may not always win, but at least if they lose, I can't blame RNG for giving everyone two handed axes instead of shields.
Fair enough, just seemed like Battania would be the least consistent faction out of all of them seeing as they're basically higher tier forest bandits. You sure that you don't want to play Sturgia seeing as they're the descendants of the Vaegirs?
BlazingScribe said:
Follow-up. I liked playing Rhodoks in Warband. But I would like to try more combined arms tactics, get creative in bannerlord. Besides which, I would need to see how effective Vlandian crossbows actually are. Archers have so far proven deadly.
I imagine that means that crossbows will be even more deadly, and Vlandians are almost definitely going to have more variety than literally spearmen and crossbows. They also have archers themselves I think and are probably the most varied faction out of them all except the Imperials perhaps.
AmateurHetman said:
I've changed my mind to Vlandians, I think they'll be a lot of fun. But I still want to get involved with the imperial minor faction that sounded like Cossacks or something.
Good choice  :wink:

In fact Battania is the least Rhodok style faction:
they have four infantry none of these seems long polearm style
1)Clansman (they have spear but just regular spear)
2)Axeman (heavy infantry with shield, optional spear. Despite the name they have sword)
3)Falxman (naked guy with falx would demolish huskarl but sucks against archers)
4)Ulfwhatever (shieldless with big axe cut two horses in one strike)

Also they have elite archer with shield splitting axe.
I think they just don't have the culture for long polearm and board shield. They don't fear archers because they have longbow, so the axeman with the round shield is enough to protect them. Their ambush warfare means they don't need long polearm even against heavy cavalry.
The sentence that they aren't a conquering machine means they will do poorly in desert or open space against cavalry or in sieges.

About Vlandia we know they have

1)A two handed sword infantry
2)Crossbow
3)Bow
4)Heavy cavalry

That leaves the space for two rhodok infantries: one with long polearm and one with the board shield.

Now the problem is that Vlandia could have TOO many units.

For example Battania 4 infantry (1 light, 1 heavy, 2 shock), 2 ranged (hunter and Fian) not sure about cavalry
Empire has 3 infantry (2 light, 1 heavy), 2 ranged (normal and one with composite bow) and 2 cavalry (medium and super heavy)

For not being specialized on infantry Vlandia would have 4 of them: 1 light, 1 heavy (board shield), 2 shock (polearm and two handed sword)
then we can suppose they won't have the elite archer (will be replaced by the crossbowman)
and the faction will be specialized on cavalry so 2 or even 3 of them, maybe one spammable, one heavy and one specialized on couched damage

Other factions seems to lack one piece: Battania heavy cavalry, the Empire despite being all rounded lack shock infantry (maybe will have with subfaction)

BlazingScribe said:
BlazingScribe said:

A strange thing is that empire seems to have both crossbow, bow and horse archer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg minute 3.18
In multiplayer captain field mode they haven't those, maybe they changed the game or they are part of subfaction.

vota dc said:
A strange thing is that empire seems to have both crossbow, bow and horse archer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg minute 3.18
In multiplayer captain field mode they haven't those, maybe they changed the game or they are part of subfaction.
The horse archer is most likely from a subfaction, but the archer and xbow are probably just a split in the upgrade path.
(e.g. fire rate vs damage)

I was under the impression that the empire had some of everything, but wasn't exceptional in any one area. Their infantry is better than some and worse than others, presumably their archers are the same, and their cavalry is quite effective but seemingly reliant on hammer and anvil tactics due to their long lances.

Each unit in their army has a specific use in what is meant to be  combined force. I wouldn't be surprised if Empire Units make up a supplement force in most if not all players armies, because they fill a lot of generalist roles and are comparatively well armoured at high levels.

The things I think we can safely expect from the Empire are heavy defensive infantry, light skirmisher and reserve infantry, decent archers that are most effective at compartively short range as compared to Battanian counterparts, heavy lancer cavalry and light melee cavalry.

I'm guessing that if they have any units outside those boxes, they'll be minor factions within the empire. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but as a I recall, we have information about aggressive northern infantry fighting for the empire, and horse archers bordering with the khanates. Perhaps that's something the three empires can fight over no?

The three imperial subfacions are watcher on north, variag on west and cossacks at south. Still the name was imperial horse archer that sound more like a standard faction troop rather than a subfaction one. Some name could still be just placeholders anyway, they are still working with the recruiting ui.

I am agree with Empire being very good but not the best at infantry and archery because they seem to lack shock infantry (maybe subfaction will provide them) but heavy infantry give good range, they have both standard and elite archers and composite bow is very good but overall longbow seems a little better and those Fian have two handed axes too like good old forest bandits.
But for cavalry their heavy cavalry seems really strong and even better equipped than Vlandia. I guess Vlandia will have better proficiencies and will get elite cavalry sooner or noble able to be promoted to cataspelling will be rare.

I have no idea yet but from the screenshots I have seen I want to try everyone  :mrgreen:

Major factors for me:
Who has the coolest looking uniforms/armor
Who has the best heavy cav while also looking the most awesome (extremely subjective). I usually always start out a game with a small army of elite knights before I am ready to settle down with politics and larger slow armies
I enjoy fighting in the desert and also the snow the most

Edit: I voted for Other

If I could not unite the Khuzaits under my banner... then I'd likely join them. All shall fall before the might of the sons of Chenghis! and the will of Tengri.

Back
Top Bottom