What are you Waiting for Before you Jump Back in for Another Playthrough?

Users who are viewing this thread

For MP I still try sometimes, but it's largely dead until stability fixes come. It's just killing siege especially.

For SP, mods can fix a lot of the most glaring issues. I haven't moved to 1.4 yet but performance issues in siege as well as AI failing to climb towers and other odd behavior is very frustrating. Field battles could use some improvements too but they play out a lot better than sieges for the most part.

I would like to be an absolute monarch. Currently a player king is more like a chief executive. I want to be able to veto any and all decisions made by the feckless lords in my Kingdom.

I amy willing to use mods to make this happen.

I am waiting for total conversion mods. There is nothing in this game, just nothing to do: siege /field battle rinse and repeat.
This is so true.

I do hope developers come up with something soon and we dont have to relay just on mods.

I even installed mod called "random events" just to get some additional RP flavor and atmosphere for the game haha

I'm still playing, but I would like the archery and roguery skills implemented. Only 2 of the archery skills work, and none of the roguery skills are implemented.

I also want the inheritance system to actually be implemented so all the children that are born are not gimp on arrival with zero attribute stats (and include NPC nobles intermarrying so that they don't all die in the next generation from not having any kids).

Long-term goals? Diplomacy and other methods to win besides only siege, repeat, siege, repeat.

I'm still playing, but I would like the archery and roguery skills implemented. Only 2 of the archery skills work, and none of the roguery skills are implemented.

I also want the inheritance system to actually be implemented so all the children that are born are not gimp on arrival with zero attribute stats (and include NPC nobles intermarrying so that they don't all die in the next generation from not having any kids).

Long-term goals? Diplomacy and other methods to win besides only siege, repeat, siege, repeat.

Yeah, I want to marry Kings daughter, then get him killed somehow and become a king myself..having some clans rebel at me and start a civil war... that would add a lot to the game.

some are already possible, but they suck. Prior to the retarded nerfs, when you could make a massive buck, you could raise Trading and buy fiefs from rival factions (been there, done that). Though it's too boring, and each fief would cost from 700k up to 2.5 million. In that specific playthrough I've actually bought half of Calradia lol (from my own vassals and from rivals alike) so I could organize the kingdom better, redistribute fiefs, and what-not. Never had the patience to finish it, though... The problems with the game are too annoying and discouraging. AI behaves like a swarm of bees, they are everywhere annoying the hell out of you, but never do anything logical or reasonable... They'll spam attack a "priority" target forever until they take it, even if it costs them 90% of their total troops in the process. Allied AI will ignore getting attacked, travelling ridiculous amounts of distance to besiege a insignificant, isolated, and pretty much useless castle on the other side of the map. They'll try to besiege having no food and lose 50% of the army in the process, they'll zerg rush you, the player, if you start a siege, so on so forth.

If you don't try to "manipulate" your allied vassals, for instance, it's common that you'll take a fief for your faction while losing 3 at the same time, because the armies that you are not commanding will keep having happy strolls around the map doing absolutely ****ing nothing. Then they'll snatch the fief you've captured yourself for them, to lose it 2 days later.

PS: I'm not sure if base game has that perk working, just remembered that I was using mods, specifically mods to correct broken perks.

Last edited:
For me I'm only 30 hours in (over several playthroughs' that I abandoned on the first 3-4 days of EA, my main game is only 10 hours in).

I really love the game and imo its certainly very playable at 1.2 and even more so at 1.4.1. Still I'd rather wait to see more spit and polish as well as the obvious performance tweaks before committing more time and allow me to enjoy it more. There clearly is some real meat to the game that Warband never had (which was still great), whether it come from mods in the end or overall development, I think I'll just bide my time.

That said, I'm content with the purchase and happy they have my money, its more than playable and has more content than Warband (which I think is something more people should acknowledge) - but I can already see that in 3 months this game will be far far ahead from where it is now and I can play other things in the mean time.

Last edited:
For me it’s the fact peace means nothing, and the how NPCs can do light speed swings with the new skill system. Before this I found everything tolerable, but going into a battle and seeing lords do anime level combat broke me. Haven’t touched it ever since 1.4.1 was released

I was waiting for some crash fixes to the Revolutions mod and for myself to complete editing the troop tree for every faction and balancing armor to the way I want it to be. Finally done (I think), so I'm ready for another playthrough.

PS: I'm not sure if base game has that perk <everything has a price> working, just remembered that I was using mods, specifically mods to correct broken perks.
I'm pretty sure that perk has worked in base game based on posts I've seen made by other users. Haven't used it myself though, and haven't seen it talked about lately (other than complaints about the valuation of fiefs in recent updates).

the game is just an empty shell right now . a broken shell in my opinion even
waiting for it to be fully featured game that i can play without feeling the need to cheat/savescum to bypass bugs/poor design choices
or for modding tools to be out for obvious reasons

I'm still playing but I feel like it's been 1 step forward and 2 back and I'm playing less and less, that being said here are the things I'd like to see addressed
- fix/fully implement perks
- fix and improve diplomacy, not only give us peace options but give us the ability to make alliances too
- fix combat ai (no more blob tactics)
- give us some kind of trainers for garrisons and passive skill to train troops properly
- fix sandbox mode
- better faction balance

There are plenty of other things I'd like to see but if they could do this stuff I'd be happy.

I have stopped to play until these things get fixed:

- AI priorizes defending settlements over attack.
- Increase the relevance for settlements distances, over defenders number, when the AI is going to besiege a settlement.
- Reduce war declarations and introduce truce again or something similar.
- Reduce snowballing.

^this

Back
Top Bottom