MP Apocalypse [WB] ZOMBIEEE (Invasion) We Need Your Advice

Remove fog until its chooseable

• Yes

Votes: 267 63.1%
  • No

Votes: 156 36.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Incredibly fun mod. I think a large map with several towns would be awesome. I was playing with a couple friends yesterday and we started exploring some of the maps. Of course, all we found was flat land and trees but it would be really awesome if you could travel around the map(while fending off zombies) and find towns. So you'll have more freedom in choosing where you'll defend from.

the only problem with that is some people don't have great computers and having pw mod size maps would screw them over in game play..also im prity sure that those size maps+zombies would generate a boatload of lag.

still..if the maps were a little larger with some small spread out outpost would be cool.....i also think there should be a map of everyone fighting in one big building..inside of it, and on like the 5 top stories

L3git Squig Herder said:
Very fun, I think maybe you should nerf the fast zombies a bit... really fast AND powerful... maybe make them do less damage.
OR fast zombies MUST be fast and powerful but(!) they must have very low health.

I was thinking a possible idea for a map is a mall in which the entire map was indoors but i understand its not easy. But going of zombie games it seems to work. I was thinking of mall lilke the one in GTA vice city for some reason. With a mall map you could probably include allot of places to hold out like a shop or on a balcony.

Just a random idea  :lol: 

btw, friend is hosting this and no more than 2 survivors seem to be able to join survivor team. This might have been answered earlier in the thread, but after searching, i can't find it. Survivor team is greyed out as soon as 2 people join it.

ahh, will try next time. Anyway, my thoughts:

• Don't bother portraying machineguns/assault rifles/SMGs if they're not full-auto anyway. There's no point to that. Stick to civilian weapons and you don't have to sacrifice any realism for gameplay anymore.
  • Tell who-ever's making your map objects to focus on building modules rather than whole buildings. This way many map makers could much more easilly make buildings without needing specially-tailored props
  • Add some special props, like doors which can be barricaded. The barricading process can have a long status bar which slowly fills up and then the door has boards hammered onto it. The zombies can attack it, like in siege modes.
  • Have gas cans/jerry cans. When the player uses them, they drop onto the ground as a prop, and if anyone shoots it, it explodes - like the props in "city."
  • Have some prop which can replenish ammo, but make it take several seconds to pick ammo up. Others have to cover you while you resupply.
  • Basic melee ability for all weapons. If you're worried about balance just make them do very little damage. ATM it feels weird not being able to use them to physically struggle with zombies.

Maybe some of this changes the direction you want to take the mod, but in my humble opinion, if you follow my advice the result will be nothing but positive. If the mod shows signs of moving in directions I consider promising, I'd be willing to help with some new guns and props. Until then it's just a little too abstract for me.

played again, much more extensively.

Screens:

E0816D4DD02733E7BF91DC232626775267CB636A

70F88B1CCBC010160054C960DF5E1A942B6F0B68

Further thoughts and suggestions:
  • Get a chainsaw and a cordless drill. I'll model them if you're interested.
  • Along with those items, you could think about having the classes make more sense. They could be professions or hobbies rather than abstract stuff. Some ideas: Lumberjack is cool, you could give him the chainsaw. He could use a winchester to go with his over-under shotgun. If you add barricades for doors like i mentioned before, he could repair them with a hammer or drill. Other classes could be police officer (gets high-capacity pistols, vests, pump shotguns, motorcycle helmet) survivalist/veteran (gets semi auto ar10, reasonable pistols, ruger 10/22, mini-14, an old military helmet, maybe ability to heal others somehow?) and demolitionist/sapper (sawed off, pipe bombs, ability to place gasoline for team-mates to shoot)
  • More enterable buildings are absolutely important in all maps. Like i said, focus on making modules for buildings rather than entire buildings.
  • Use more of the vertical space. Right now there's only two "stories" to the game. In the city map you could easilly have 3-4 story buildings with fire escapes that the zombies could come up. I'm also really disappointed I couldn't get on the roof of the supermarket :grin:
  • The machineguns are really silly, nobody uses them and they aren't automatic, they have to go imo.
  • Possibly think about using bolts for rifle ammo and bullets for pistol ammo. That way there's a point to having an SMG - shared ammo pool. If you do this you'll probably need to make most guns do a bit more damage to offset the lower ammo counts overall
  • Something like a "scavenge" mode would be great. You would have many "containers" scattered around the level - cars, old trash cans, boxes, shelves etc... And randomised weapons would be placed in them (or no weapons at all) - Each wave you can go up to them and "use" them, and it will drop the contained item for you to pick up. They can only be used once per wave, sometimes they can contain ammo, sometimes health, sometimes guns, sometimes nothing.

I'm excited about this mod, I would like to help it improve.

Back
Top Bottom