SP Native [WB] Swadian Interregnum 1387 [WIP] (3 Mirrors)

Should the year be changed from 1387?

• Yes, move it to 1357.

Votes: 146 41.1%
  • No, 1387 is good.

Votes: 190 53.5%
  • Yes, but not 1357. (please reply with suggested year)

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Odd thing is, gamefront says file does not exist.
What if the upload is divided into parts? Like, put all the files, then the textures, etc.

I've tried 3 other File Hosts this morning.

So far none of them have worked either. After getting to 100% upload they fail similar to Nexus.

An example error would be:

Error while trying to upload your file "Swadian Interregnum Betav2.rar" (524.87 MB):Internal server error: The proccessing of your uploaded file "Swadian_Interregnum_Betav2.rar" has failed.  [1014]

EDIT: I've tried Mylae's suggestion and was able to upload 2 parts to the Nexus. Just be sure you download both and merge them into one Module Folder.

http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3877

That's odd. I'm sorry for your efforts, but I know a modder's pleasure are people playing its game. Have you tried ModDb?

Mylae said:
That's odd. I'm sorry for your efforts, but I know a modder's pleasure are people playing its game. Have you tried ModDb?

Yes, odd. Im trying ModDB now, so we'll see.

But as I said, I have posted a 2 part download on the Nexus. The link is on the main post.

EDIT: I was able to upload a full file to ModDB, now it's just waiting for Admin Approval. The link will be: http://www.moddb.com/mods/swadian-interregnum-1387

Hallelujah! Asap I will start playing it...
p.s.: Can i feel free to mod it too? I would love to see some little immersive things I did that could fit well in this period. If you like them I will send them to you :grin:

Mylae said:
Hallelujah! Asap I will start playing it...
p.s.: Can i feel free to mod it too? I would love to see some little immersive things I did that could fit well in this period. If you like them I will send them to you :grin:

Sure, if you come up with something that you think would be a good addition let me know and you can send it to me and I'll test it out. And give you credit

Hey,
I downloaded and played for hmm 2 hours or so, and new addons are very nice, mod's quite playable as a beta now :smile: New Arenas are great, but tournaments have to be fixed, I participated in one in some "green" town(Kelrevan or smth like that), it was with archer(and HA), but they have a dagger as secondary weapon, so you're dead quite quickly. Also these big tournament helms on archers' heads... don't look good.

So I have a "knight" char, cheated for gold, xp, items, etc.:
mb1ei.jpg
I have the "armour upgrade" that I got at the beginning. Armour value for body must be balanced(it's too high) and there is problem with tournaments and arena fights, because player's boots remain on his foot(screenshot below). Also I can't remember if "heraldic limbs" add body armor in previous beta, but now they aren't. And IIRC, you said that, there won't be upper part of this, but it is :razz: IMHO it's a nice feature(almost like a customisable armour! Well, almost...), and there'd be nice to have more types of it(and it should be expensive, unless it's possible to script to use them only with armours without arm protection).
mb2bo.jpg

What's your plans for next release? I saw this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,261656.0.html - will it be in this mod, too?
I must say I very like the idea of this mod, it's ahistorical, so history correctness isn't a problem and limit(how long could one play the same Europe map with nations and stuff over and over). The military aspect looks great for now(and here historical correctness is astonishing). A very "interregnum" concept fits M&B gameplay greatly and it could be developted to an interesting shape. But one of the most important thing is a scale. Majority of M&B mods(and vanilla) try to be "big". Eg. 1257 AD - whole map of Europe and more, how great, but then we see an army of French King and.... it's about 300 men. Even with lords, it's about 2k(and that's the king's army?...), but you can't see all of them in battle anyway, unless you have some super machine and system that WB engine "likes". M&B gameplay is not for battles like in Total War games, but for smaller skirmishes. And in this mod everthing seems too be much more realistic in scale.

So after this lecture, here some suggestion and question:
Mod's map is Swadia from vanilla. It has 4 cities, but in the mod there're a lot more. So maybe make those 4 towns the 'major' ones? But how to do this? Maybe it's possible to place town and castle very close to each other on map and change a bit town icon model(or castle or both) so they would look like a one big town? And maybe also add a village nearby, so factions without those vanilla cities could have some "capital" only with town and castle?  There's also an issue with sieging... The town and castle could be seen as parts of one city, but it would look a bit odd that one part has been taken by enemy, and other not. If it could be possible to make some border for an "upper town"(castle) so enemy couldn't siege that without capturing the lower part... or by some script...
Otherwise those towns could have just some other icon model(some big one) and different assault scene, and if that possible: more troops and better economy to resemble that it is a major Swadian town. Though it's only one siege then. Maybe that way it could be possible to do?

Heh, I'd like to help with that but I never mod M&B in module system and never script, so I don't thing I could do smth about this. Also it'd be great for this mod to have some script for the "interregnum" thing... I can draw(if you need some artworks for locations/events/etc menus, I could do some, though not in exactly same style as original, rather like sketch - like this - or with some beige/brown colours from PS) and I could write a character stories or smth else(and maybe add this to the game, that couldn't be so hard).

HUtH said:
Hey,
I downloaded and played for hmm 2 hours or so, and new addons are very nice, mod's quite playable as a beta now :smile: New Arenas are great, but tournaments have to be fixed, I participated in one in some "green" town(Kelrevan or smth like that), it was with archer(and HA), but they have a dagger as secondary weapon, so you're dead quite quickly. Also these big tournament helms on archers' heads... don't look good.

So I have a "knight" char, cheated for gold, xp, items, etc.:
mb1ei.jpg
I have the "armour upgrade" that I got at the beginning. Armour value for body must be balanced(it's too high) and there is problem with tournaments and arena fights, because player's boots remain on his foot(screenshot below). Also I can't remember if "heraldic limbs" add body armor in previous beta, but now they aren't. And IIRC, you said that, there won't be upper part of this, but it is :razz: IMHO it's a nice feature(almost like a customisable armour! Well, almost...), and there'd be nice to have more types of it(and it should be expensive, unless it's possible to script to use them only with armours without arm protection).
mb2bo.jpg

What's your plans for next release? I saw this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,261656.0.html - will it be in this mod, too?
I must say I very like the idea of this mod, it's ahistorical, so history correctness isn't a problem and limit(how long could one play the same Europe map with nations and stuff over and over). The military aspect looks great for now(and here historical correctness is astonishing). A very "interregnum" concept fits M&B gameplay greatly and it could be developted to an interesting shape. But one of the most important thing is a scale. Majority of M&B mods(and vanilla) try to be "big". Eg. 1257 AD - whole map of Europe and more, how great, but then we see an army of French King and.... it's about 300 men. Even with lords, it's about 2k(and that's the king's army?...), but you can't see all of them in battle anyway, unless you have some super machine and system that WB engine "likes". M&B gameplay is not for battles like in Total War games, but for smaller skirmishes. And in this mod everthing seems too be much more realistic in scale.

So after this lecture, here some suggestion and question:
Mod's map is Swadia from vanilla. It has 4 cities, but in the mod there're a lot more. So maybe make those 4 towns the 'major' ones? But how to do this? Maybe it's possible to place town and castle very close to each other on map and change a bit town icon model(or castle or both) so they would look like a one big town? And maybe also add a village nearby, so factions without those vanilla cities could have some "capital" only with town and castle?  There's also an issue with sieging... The town and castle could be seen as parts of one city, but it would look a bit odd that one part has been taken by enemy, and other not. If it could be possible to make some border for an "upper town"(castle) so enemy couldn't siege that without capturing the lower part... or by some script...
Otherwise those towns could have just some other icon model(some big one) and different assault scene, and if that possible: more troops and better economy to resemble that it is a major Swadian town. Though it's only one siege then. Maybe that way it could be possible to do?

Heh, I'd like to help with that but I never mod M&B in module system and never script, so I don't thing I could do smth about this. Also it'd be great for this mod to have some script for the "interregnum" thing... I can draw(if you need some artworks for locations/events/etc menus, I could do some, though not in exactly same style as original, rather like sketch - like this - or with some beige/brown colours from PS) and I could write a character stories or smth else(and maybe add this to the game, that couldn't be so hard).

All very good points.

Here are some ideas I have, and possible things for the next release

-I'm going to see if I can make it so that Arena Fights, actually take place with some armor on.
-Heraldic limbs haven't ever added a torso model, they are actually supposed to go with the "Heraldic Tabard" item which just adds a torso item.
-I would like to make the 4 main cities stand out more and be a bit tougher than normal cities. Apart from the scenese which I'm planning, giving them a castle seperately might not be a bad idea. The only thing I can think of would be to paint an impassible mountain tile around most of the city party, and then give it a small entrance area which you pass through to get to the castle. So, you'd have to go through the city to get to the castle and that would give the enemy a chance to attack you en-route. I also would like to give it a special map icon.
-I'm so lazy with doing scenes, but I NEED to get them started. So I'll probably start working on this a lot. :smile:
-The Historic Lord's Project is something totally different. These lords are real lords from our world. Although I am getting good experience by making them, if I create any new items for these lords that fit the time period I will probably slide them into the mod.

I appreciate you offering help, I am also a noob with the module system, and unless it has a detailed walkthrough you can forget me being able to install it  :wink:

Thanks for the feedback, I hope to get some more from the others as soon as possible.

The thing I don't like are the vanilla tournaments. I mean: Archers and Javeliners?

OK, I know this isn't a historical mod, but is there any chance the tournaments could be changed? 1257 AD is a good example, everyone starts with his own equipment (but I don't know how they made it), I like that (but HUTh is right, this mod is far too big in my opinion), because Tournaments were for knights.

Nu-Lz said:
The thing I don't like are the vanilla tournaments. I mean: Archers and Javeliners?

OK, I know this isn't a historical mod, but is there any chance the tournaments could be changed? 1257 AD is a good example, everyone starts with his own equipment (but I don't know how they made it), I like that (but HUTh is right, this mod is far too big in my opinion), because Tournaments were for knights.

Yes, Tournaments are going to be redone. I just have to figure out how to get them to use the proper equipment. I'd really like to have it 1v1 battles. Then I'd just make the Tournament participants good fighters. Better than the average bums they give you in Native.

Is the system that makes you recruit 10 soldiers in a levy/lance and not just 1, as in ad1257.

thick1988 said:
-I'm going to see if I can make it so that Arena Fights, actually take place with some armor on. Cool

-Heraldic limbs haven't ever added a torso model, they are actually supposed to go with the "Heraldic Tabard" item which just adds a torso item. Hmm maybe it's a misunderstanding, I didn't mean a model for body, but a value of points of body armor, they don't add any, though their model gives arm protection(but maybe I need to check it out once again :razz:)

-I would like to make the 4 main cities stand out more and be a bit tougher than normal cities. Apart from the scenese which I'm planning, giving them a castle seperately might not be a bad idea. The only thing I can think of would be to paint an impassible mountain tile around most of the city party, and then give it a small entrance area which you pass through to get to the castle. So, you'd have to go through the city to get to the castle and that would give the enemy a chance to attack you en-route. I also would like to give it a special map icon. Wow, great, I hope it'll work.

-The Historic Lord's Project is something totally different. These lords are real lords from our world. Although I am getting good experience by making them, if I create any new items for these lords that fit the time period I will probably slide them into the mod. Well, I thought about that these real lords could be some unnique NPCs in mod, not as companions, but as some lords, pretenders and other people that could take part in some dialogs/quests concerning that "interregnum".

I appreciate you offering help, I am also a noob with the module system, and unless it has a detailed walkthrough you can forget me being able to install it
Yeah, you're a noob that actually made that beta :razz:

I suppose Floris has the same tournaments as 1257? So it's that thing: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,182926.0.html

An odd question: it could be possible to integrate Swadian Interregnum with Pbod as in floris workshop mod? I simply LOVE the possibility to deploy my squad in formations before the battle, order my crossbowman to deploy their pavise in front of them and have my pikemen crouch just behind.
I'm doing some work on pavises and other objects that could be used as props or as funny items. Unfortunately I find python module too complicate to use, so maybe later on i will , just send the brf file and some plain lines of txt....

@Mylae

As far as I know you cannot simply use the Module System on other mods, you will need the mod's Python files.

Damn! you are making some fast progress! I have to say that even tough it's only beta it arleady has the potential to become at least one of the best warband mods ever, well at least in my opinion  :razz:

Hey i like the mod, from what i've seen so far. But that is the problem, i want to see more, but i can't the mod does't work. First i tried the gamesfront link, doesn't work. Then i download from nexus, files download but when i unrar the program tells me the files are corrupt. So i try and start it, the mod brings me to the normal Warband ingame menu i press start new game and it crashes giving me the message unable to open modules/Swadien Interragnum Betav2/troops.txt

Has anybody else had this problem, is there someting i can do?

Back
Top Bottom