SP Native [WB] Swadian Interregnum 1387 [WIP] (3 Mirrors)

Should the year be changed from 1387?

• Yes, move it to 1357.

Votes: 146 41.1%
  • No, 1387 is good.

Votes: 190 53.5%
  • Yes, but not 1357. (please reply with suggested year)

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, I don't want to make it heraldic, because I want the men-at-arms to be representative of a lower class of nobles with their own heraldry seperate from the lords.

I'll probably just retexture it. I've learned a lot doing the Historical Lords Project and I've come up with a lot of new models/textures that will go great with the mod.

EDIT:

I've seen the Polished Buildings pack has been ported to Warband. Has anyone messed with that at all? Does it replace the look of native towns? By the screenshots it looks pretty impressive and it may be a good addition.

I tried it, it replaces the swadian and vaegir houses. Anyway the best work ever -the replacement of rhodok houses by gutefiutek -has never been released, and they look more medieval age. Swadian houses looks german-english style but also are a bit fantasy-ish. We lack palaces and houses for burghers and nobles

I never said this but congratulations for the ongoing creation of a promising mod. I prefer the early rennaisance setting you have chosen, with all those beutifull armour moddels, over the usuall mail moddels so often used in mods (and the mods are quite a few, Native, 1257, 1200, blue blood list goes on...). I am in the process of improving my 3D creating skills, so I can't do much but if you feel like givin' me a challange then feel free to do so and i'll happily oblidge.  :mrgreen:

Looks great ! Looking forward to new versions.

Btw, I found an OSP 15th century armor pack ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?520872-15th-Century-Armour ), maybe it could be of use?

Yes, that's a good OSP. I don't know whether or not I'll implement it but thanks for the suggestion.

I've been really busy with all sorts of stuff pulling me this way and that lately so sorry I haven't been updating this thread as often as I could. But have no fear  :wink:

Mod is looking fabulous Thick! :grin:  Please keep up the superb work.  I hope everything is going smoothly in the real world as it can be and is mostly a *****! :neutral:

wargod2009 said:
Mod is looking fabulous Thick! :grin:  Please keep up the superb work.  I hope everything is going smoothly in the real world as it can be and is mostly a *****! :neutral:

Very true words! :smile:

It's going well, just damn busy.  :roll:

So, I've been considering shifting the mods year from 1387 to 1357, as 100 years from Native would be a nice little round number.

Also, it seems there was much more variation in armament earlier in the century which would help me out in being able to use more types of armor.

Please let me know what you all think. :smile:

No, pretty much all the current armor would stay.

The current plate armors would be considered high-tech for the period. It would result in me being able to include more transitional armors that would have been phased out by this point. Especially when it comes to jupons/tabards.

Exactly, so the time period would fit in around the Poitiers era. So we could have armors like this:

williamdouglas2.gif

guesclin.gif

louisflanders.gif

YES! I am all for the change of era as well... This is shaping up to be a great mod, and your work on the lord project is fantastic, I am glad to hear you are bringing them together-ish.
Keep up the awesome work!

Is the signature a scene from sword in the stone? it had great art

Same here, that and Robin Hood, they had such awesome art overall!

I really like the heraldic limbs and the armour upgrade! it's genius, I do feel like there is a lot of clipping on the heraldic limbs mostly, maybe you could make the arms a little thicker so they fit over most stuff?

I'd love to help out on this project, I am not a great modder but I can lend you my legendary photoshop skills!

Do the bounty hunter quests not work with the new village scenes? I've looked everywhere and I can't find the target

MangoMeerkat said:
Do the bounty hunter quests not work with the new village scenes? I've looked everywhere and I can't find the target

They work, but because the maps for towns are now huge, you have to really look hard. I've done bounty hunter quests a lot already. 4/5 times, he is actually in the town. The other times he's to the corner of the map.

Hrothgar said:
Same here, that and Robin Hood, they had such awesome art overall!

I really like the heraldic limbs and the armour upgrade! it's genius, I do feel like there is a lot of clipping on the heraldic limbs mostly, maybe you could make the arms a little thicker so they fit over most stuff?

I'd love to help out on this project, I am not a great modder but I can lend you my legendary photoshop skills!

Anyone that wants to help is more than welcome. It's not quite as grand an undertaking as some other mods, but if you have an idea and would like to implement it in some way just let me know. Im not sure what you'd be interested in putting your photoshop skills to use in, texturing? Or something else like menu pictures?

Back
Top Bottom