SP Native [WB] Swadian Interregnum 1387 [WIP] (3 Mirrors)

Should the year be changed from 1387?

• Yes, move it to 1357.

Votes: 146 41.1%
  • No, 1387 is good.

Votes: 190 53.5%
  • Yes, but not 1357. (please reply with suggested year)

Votes: 19 5.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Rarely i write on taleworlds forum, though i check it everyday. And I must say Thick, for quite some time (since Prophesy of Pendor to be precise) i didn't have so much fun playing warband mod... So thank you!  :smile:

I have some questions too. Do you plan to make factions more "distinguishable"? Make them more unique? I think that troop trees, or items of specific factions should reflect their regions more . Like some furs on armors for northerners for example, as they live near mountains (and Nords), or some Rhodok infuences in Uxkhal or Bruen. Special troops for factions would also be nice :smile:.

Oh, and the last question - are you going to make the mod more "fatasy-ish"? I mean, i would like to see some feathers on helmets or cloaks for high-tier troops, not just classic medieval look. Don't take it as a pressure or anything, just my two cents of ideas for your mod.

Thank you Thick for your work and allowing me to discover the beauty of Warband once more. :grin:

Thick do you think you could rename the different factions as duchies and make the characters called lords?  It makes no sense to have a faction with multiple counts, but the faction is called a county, as if one count is a higher rank than another count.  A count rules a county, and a duke rules a duchy, but since you can't get title switches I don't think, you'll need to make everyone a lord.  Hi.

In this case, the counts have their own lands to take care of but they can change where their loyalties lie and switch to server other Dukes. That's sort of why it's set up like that.

I also realized working on another project that I need to update the tangent directions on the BRF files for them to look a great deal better. I'll be doing that as well.

What do you guys think of a multiplayer version as well? Just a thought.

I find this an incredible mod.
I am done and done with singeplayer, M&B in general but I suspect this has great potential, but there are three things that make this extremely, extremely dull and boring.

First of all, the area where the map ends. It's blank. It's like that medieval myth where the world just ends. I imagine this would not be high on your list of concerns, but I assure you, it is very annoying and unpleasant.

Second of all, there are very few units on the map. I literally had to scour 30 minutes to find a group of 9 looters. There is no exp gain for me unless I constantly accept Guild Master quests of Village Elder ones, and those are not rewarding at all. 70 denars for a bandit group that crushed me.

Last, there are lots of wrong text. For example, a claimant still talks about Sanjar Khan and the Khergit Lands (if I recall correctly, the Campania Lady). I do not have any modding experience but I like to brand myself as a decent writer and would absolutely love to give you a hand in lore and dialogue.

And there come the minor bugs. One of the spectators in the arena has no body. Every lord I have met has that typical hood on that overlaps the armor. Again with the lore, there is no talk of things outside Swadia. I do understand there is a civil war and all focus on that, but rumors of wars from Sarranid lands and others could really spice up the game and immerse the player.

I'll play the game further and report any bugs.

alucardiff said:
I find this an incredible mod.
I am done and done with singeplayer, M&B in general but I suspect this has great potential, but there are three things that make this extremely, extremely dull and boring.

First of all, the area where the map ends. It's blank. It's like that medieval myth where the world just ends. I imagine this would not be high on your list of concerns, but I assure you, it is very annoying and unpleasant.

Second of all, there are very few units on the map. I literally had to scour 30 minutes to find a group of 9 looters. There is no exp gain for me unless I constantly accept Guild Master quests of Village Elder ones, and those are not rewarding at all. 70 denars for a bandit group that crushed me.

Last, there are lots of wrong text. For example, a claimant still talks about Sanjar Khan and the Khergit Lands (if I recall correctly, the Campania Lady). I do not have any modding experience but I like to brand myself as a decent writer and would absolutely love to give you a hand in lore and dialogue.

And there come the minor bugs. One of the spectators in the arena has no body. Every lord I have met has that typical hood on that overlaps the armor. Again with the lore, there is no talk of things outside Swadia. I do understand there is a civil war and all focus on that, but rumors of wars from Sarranid lands and others could really spice up the game and immerse the player.

I'll play the game further and report any bugs.

Oh right, a few more things I wanted to add.

I do love the universal troop tree idea, but those with a bit of an OCD side, like me, would like to have a prefix to the troop names, such as Lumbar Archer and such. I do understand It's more of a personal desire but perhaps it would seem like a good idea for you.

Another one would be the fact that the land is very plain. I would like to see some hills and perhaps a huge forest and some rivers running through. Even if you base it on the original Swadia area things can change quite a lot in a hundred years.

EDIT:
Right.. why are some cities in Sarranid or Khergit style?

I'm gonna give Beta 2 a try.

Edit; heraldic limbs give 33 leg armour, more than the 25 of the armour upgrade I started with, but the heraldic limbs give no body armour, and the other gives 25. Heraldic limbs also look more heavily armoured on the body, so I assume this was an oversight? :smile:

This. Looks. Fabulous.

Made me play M&B after quite some time. I really do hope you'll finish this thing.

Can't really help you with anything though, just giving you some moral support.

kurczak said:
This. Looks. Fabulous.

Made me play M&B after quite some time. I really do hope you'll finish this thing.

Can't really help you with anything though, just giving you some moral support.

I appreciate it :smile:

Progress is slow in coming lately. Ridiculously busy over the recent weeks.  :cry:

Malaras said:
Can't seem to be-able to join faction fights at suno? Trying to get rep up with a faction/lord.

Thanks,

If its 2 lords fighting and you have a neutral relationship with both it won't let you join the fight. I usually attack some farmers to get on their bad side.  :lol:

since noone seems to be active in the diplomacy mod forum anymore, and this mod is suposely the follow up, I post my question here:

I recently installed the diplomacy mod, some of whose features I already know from mods like 'native expansion', for the first time and struggle with the trading also. I started with trade skill 3 and after 10+ days the prices still seem awfully high. In the native game my most profitable trade routes used to be iron from Curaw to Reyvadin or elsewhere and salt from mostly Bariyye, Ahmerrad and Tulga in the south to the north. I also bought beer in Praven and oil in Suno or fish on the coasts once in a while. This was quite lucrative, and in combination with roaming around hunting bandits, doing tournaments, building up a small elite knight force and recruiting my companions, trading was an important part of my early game strategy.

So far this seems pretty much impossible. After a while (10 days) I shut down the diplomacy mod economy in the camp menu, but until now, around 15 days into the game, that hasn't really have had any effect either.

Do you have any insight in the way trading (the economy) works in the diplomacy mod, its differences to the native game, and what the effects of turning the mod economy on/off are?

Btw I installed the Diplomacy 4.3. for 1.153 mod version onto my automaticly by steam updated native 1.154 version. Supposely (according to the forum), this should work.

thick1988 said:
Malaras said:
Can't seem to be-able to join faction fights at suno? Trying to get rep up with a faction/lord.

Thanks,

If its 2 lords fighting and you have a neutral relationship with both it won't let you join the fight. I usually attack some farmers to get on their bad side.  :lol:

That's something to look in to, making it so that if you're neutral with both parties you could join either instead of neither.

Epicrules said:
thick1988 said:
Malaras said:

Thanks,

That's something to look in to, making it so that if you're neutral with both parties you could join either instead of neither.

Yes, I believe it's been done before. I'll have to figure out how

Back
Top Bottom