SP Native [WB] Swadian Interregnum 1387 [WIP] (3 Mirrors)

Should the year be changed from 1387?

  • Yes, move it to 1357.

    Votes: 146 41.1%
  • No, 1387 is good.

    Votes: 190 53.5%
  • Yes, but not 1357. (please reply with suggested year)

    Votes: 19 5.4%

  • Total voters
    355

Users who are viewing this thread

Ulreijk the Frisian said:
since noone seems to be active in the diplomacy mod forum anymore, and this mod is suposely the follow up, I post my question here:

I recently installed the diplomacy mod, some of whose features I already know from mods like 'native expansion', for the first time and struggle with the trading also. I started with trade skill 3 and after 10+ days the prices still seem awfully high. In the native game my most profitable trade routes used to be iron from Curaw to Reyvadin or elsewhere and salt from mostly Bariyye, Ahmerrad and Tulga in the south to the north. I also bought beer in Praven and oil in Suno or fish on the coasts once in a while. This was quite lucrative, and in combination with roaming around hunting bandits, doing tournaments, building up a small elite knight force and recruiting my companions, trading was an important part of my early game strategy.

So far this seems pretty much impossible. After a while (10 days) I shut down the diplomacy mod economy in the camp menu, but until now, around 15 days into the game, that hasn't really have had any effect either.

Do you have any insight in the way trading (the economy) works in the diplomacy mod, its differences to the native game, and what the effects of turning the mod economy on/off are?

Btw I installed the Diplomacy 4.3. for 1.153 mod version onto my automaticly by steam updated native 1.154 version. Supposely (according to the forum), this should work.
What are you on about, this isn't the diplomacy "follow up" forum, and this mod is not a follow up to diplomacy.
 
Ulreijk the Frisian said:
since noone seems to be active in the diplomacy mod forum anymore, and this mod is suposely the follow up, I post my question here:

I recently installed the diplomacy mod, some of whose features I already know from mods like 'native expansion', for the first time and struggle with the trading also. I started with trade skill 3 and after 10+ days the prices still seem awfully high. In the native game my most profitable trade routes used to be iron from Curaw to Reyvadin or elsewhere and salt from mostly Bariyye, Ahmerrad and Tulga in the south to the north. I also bought beer in Praven and oil in Suno or fish on the coasts once in a while. This was quite lucrative, and in combination with roaming around hunting bandits, doing tournaments, building up a small elite knight force and recruiting my companions, trading was an important part of my early game strategy.

So far this seems pretty much impossible. After a while (10 days) I shut down the diplomacy mod economy in the camp menu, but until now, around 15 days into the game, that hasn't really have had any effect either.

Do you have any insight in the way trading (the economy) works in the diplomacy mod, its differences to the native game, and what the effects of turning the mod economy on/off are?

Btw I installed the Diplomacy 4.3. for 1.153 mod version onto my automaticly by steam updated native 1.154 version. Supposely (according to the forum), this should work.

I think you  may be confused a bit, I originally created the Diplomacy + OSP mod years ago, and instead of updating that along with diplomacy I just decided to work on something new using a newer version of Diplimacy. I'm afraid I am not on the actual Diplomacy team nor have I ever had a hand in scripting/coding the Diplomacy mod itself. We, like many other mods, are just users of that open source code.
 
awesome mod!!! I thought hundred years war and the 14thC demo were on top of the late 14thC mods, but the interregnum beats them by miles. can´t wait until it´s fully developed
 
I just downloaded a second time, no problems. -- It's clearly depending on what country you are downloading from, judging from other, earlier posts on this issue.

About that list I promised;
I had some personal things going on and I suspect some issues to be caused by me using a save file from beta1. (It's why I had to download a second time, jsut to be sure.)
Anyways; The list is coming soon.  :wink:
 
This mod is really fantastic, even if there is still some job to do for texts and balance, its already one of the best i played :smile:

I particullary love the scale of strategic map, its really more immersive, with long travel in the wilderness.

I saw some knights during the tournament is the a way to recruit some? (i did not saw any of them in the lords parties)

Btw some balance need to be tweaked.
Consequence of the large map and the freedom of movement for the parties some quest become pretty hard to complete like "deal with the looters" for exemple even with good spotting and tracking skills.
Its sometime difficult to join the marshall in the right time.

I f i can make few humble suggestions:sad:that could make the mod even better for my taste )
-I don't know if it s feaseable or not but it could be nice to tweak the pathfinding betwenn the cities to simulate the main roads.
-There is a very cool feature in RUSXIII :the prisoner train maybe you could consider to implement something similar.
- On the borders of the map who are really empty for now it would be nice to see some big party belonging to foreign kingdom to represent a kind of border gards fighting against intruders, or raiding foreign lords a bit like the Jatu or the Nodor in Prophesie of Pendar who make some part of the map really dangerous) Eventually  invasions time to time could be nice also.
or maybe some just some Neutral cities (belonging to the other kingdom for background reasons)

Btw the mod is already a gems, keep up the good work. :smile:


For the download the only one that works for me was on nexus. other can't find the file.


 
Thanks for the tips and suggestions. Glad you like it so far in it's unpolished and unbalanced state.

I've got big plans for the mod. I'm using some side projects to learn and will be able to implement those into the mod as well.

All suggestions are taken into consideration, especially when I hear them voiced repeatedly.

It's still a long way from a solid 1.0 finish but I hope to have it done within the next month or two. If everything keeps the way it is.

What I plan on:

1 - Finishing scenes
2 - adding new items and polishing up old ones
3 - fixing dialogues
4 - populating the strategic map
5 - rebalancing the items and their costs/damage/armor etc
6 - adjusting the ratio and troop types lords recruit.
 
Yes. here it is

i've just prepared some pavise here, other things are under work.
You could easily add them via morgh editor. There are several hoses and some attempt of reworking narf items, plus a pavise brf.
There are also your old shileds which i want to rework, obviously with the same pavese patterns.
by now there are 32 paveses, but I plan more.
Unfortunately i'm unable to create 3d object, or add uv maps to models.
I did time ago some heads in sculptris i would have liked to use in a mod-attempt of mine: there were some heads of italian condottieri of mid-1400, with about 60-20k+ poly, buth without textures. If maybe you know how to add a normal mb face texture to them...

here the link, download it and unpack into interregnum, or view files into Brf editor.
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/oEWVgDijih/
 
Mylae said:
Yes. here it is

i've just prepared some pavise here, other things are under work.
You could easily add them via morgh editor. There are several hoses and some attempt of reworking narf items, plus a pavise brf.
There are also your old shileds which i want to rework, obviously with the same pavese patterns.
by now there are 32 paveses, but I plan more.
Unfortunately i'm unable to create 3d object, or add uv maps to models.
I did time ago some heads in sculptris i would have liked to use in a mod-attempt of mine: there were some heads of italian condottieri of mid-1400, with about 60-20k+ poly, buth without textures. If maybe you know how to add a normal mb face texture to them...

here the link, download it and unpack into interregnum, or view files into Brf editor.
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/oEWVgDijih/

Oh pavises! Very nice :smile:

Thank you kindly!  :grin:
 
I noted a strange behaviour maybe bugs: when i follow the marshall and speak to other lords accompagnig, they leave the army immediatly after end of conversation.
There is bugs with the auto loot time to time (arrows and bolt a certain armor), Handguns deseapers from the loot when looting party skill is to high (i got few in the first battles against rebel and none after + i am unabale to find some in the merchant store)
 
I could help in making new scenes. Anyway, I would like to understand how to add new props... plain warband scenes looks soo poor. Also, I totally dislike the pebble-like walls inside castles. They could be ok for high middle age but definitively not 1370s. I made some replacement textures for that, hope could be useful.
I will try to create frescoed walls texture like this http://user.phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de/~holtei/surprise/popups/WinterFrescoRoom.jpg
 
Mylae said:
I could help in making new scenes. Anyway, I would like to understand how to add new props... plain warband scenes looks soo poor. Also, I totally dislike the pebble-like walls inside castles. They could be ok for high middle age but definitively not 1370s. I made some replacement textures for that, hope could be useful.
I will try to create frescoed walls texture like this http://user.phil-fak.uni-duesseldorf.de/~holtei/surprise/popups/WinterFrescoRoom.jpg

I'd really appreciate that. And yes I agree, the interiors of castles could use some work. I'm just wondering if they borrow from a basic "wall" texture which is used for other things too like the exterior walls. In which case we'd have frescoes on the outer walls  :lol: I'll have to look into it.

Ive never added scene props myself I am sure there is a walkthrough though. Feel free to make any scenes you want and send them to me.
 
Wow, I have been very busy with college so I don't have much time to play your mod.

I don't think I'll have time to make a list as big as I intended, so I'll just post what I have and hope it inspires others to contribute be reporting their findings.

-> Map issues

- Trees growing inside Norban Tavern.



-> Armor (Male Only)


(Armored) hose:
Clipping with undergarments. Both armored and unarmored versions.

"Reinforced" Gauntlets:
They use the same skin as the native gauntlets instead of the one all other gauntlets use.
Not sure if this is a bug or intended because I am unsure how the "Reinforced" quality could change the mesh it uses...

Corrozina and Jupon:
The Black Version with the White Lion on it; the image is a bit high up on the armor, hiding the lion's head.

Plate and Gambeson:
Weird graphical glitch; as if the entire armor, including the non-metal parts, is shiny or reflecting light.

Jupon over Gambeson:
Sometimes the upper part of the legs are invisible when wearing this armor.
Seemingly occurs everytime the armor is NOT of "reïnforced" quality.(?)



-> Text


Native mix-up:
Some scripts use the names of places, lords, etc. from Native.
This goes for Claimants background story, Companion background story/missions/tasks/when referring to other companions.

Female counts:
The same bug excists in native where counts like to refer to themselves and each other as females. (Quite hilarious!)



-> Miscellaneous


Claimants to the throne:
I noticed that Isolla of >>> SUNO <<< her offspring is the claimant to Praven.
While the Bastard son from the "Harlaus Line" is after some new duchy? Bruen I think? odd.

Banners on heraldic mail:
I noticed that for non-white banners the back of heraldic armors is white.
Don't ask me how, but I know that you can change the white background colour on herladic armors.
I am not sure because of his pose, but in your heraldic armor screenshot the yellow one seems to have it properly.
And there somehow is less clipping with the heraldic limbs in that screenshot as well.

Corrozina and Jupon:
Why don't you just remove the print they have now and make these heraldic instead?
My knowledge of this is very basic at best, but they seem to be made with a full mesh rather then one that reflects the right half on the left half of the armor, down the middle.
I believe that means they are suitable for the heraldic code.
Seems like that would save you a LOT of work messing with the heraldic mail and limb items.

Herladic Limbs:
How come the armor upgrade gives a bonus to both leg and body armor while the heraldic limbs, which are visually more armored, are basically replacement steel greaves?

I hope it is still some sort of help, as it took me longer to hunt down less bugs and you might already have fixed half of this list by now.  :???:


Anyways, I remember you mentioned a possible multiplayer mode once the sp version was finished?
I'm not sure if you are familiar with it, but I have been dreaming of having the armors and things from this mod in the persistent world mod.
The creator recently released the code and if you basically add these armors and weapons to that mod, it would be a completely new experience to play it.
He also did some awesome work on making armors and shields heraldic, so maybe you can read up on how he did that if you are interested.

Here's a link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=184.0
 
I did some attempt. Results are more than encouraging, it iseasy to create new textures that could just work for interns. I just copy-pasted the castles.brf and changed something. However, thick, since I am not a modeler, I could do little. If you can spare some time and we could better hear each other I have in mind something that could be done. At first, for example, to include the Al-Mansur french-style keep that is OSP and shown in some mod, therefore to create some late-gothic buildings that could look less fantasy-ish. Just simple stuff, nothing special.just imagine the normal walls with this texture and shape http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2012/31/1343697099-donjon.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom