SP Medieval [WB] Crusader-way to expiation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
u said u gonna add new siege units (like what?), but can u plz make capturing a castle a bit more harder? like big defence towers, or some special "guard" units u get to recruit after building that tower, units that will never leave the castle.
P.S. Amazing scenes u got there

zalmoxis said:
u said u gonna add new siege units (like what?), but can u plz make capturing a castle a bit more harder? like big defence towers, or some special "guard" units u get to recruit after building that tower, units that will never leave the castle.
"There isn't any special siege units" said Akill11. we gonna rebuild a siege scens. siege  realy will be much more harder.fight on a street will be long and hard

Something I've wanted to do is implement a type of portable wall type troop. A unit that only carried a very large shield, could help protect vulnerable troops pushing siege towers or help protect archers. I could certainly model the shield, make a unit which carried just the shield. But as far as I know, it'd be near impossible to keep them from charging in with the rest of the infantry. Maybe a compromise would be to add an object to siege scenes a bit foward from where the attacking force's troops spawn so that there's something for archers to hide behind.

Tibertus said:
Something I've wanted to do is implement a type of portable wall type troop. A unit that only carried a very large shield, could help protect vulnerable troops pushing siege towers or help protect archers. I could certainly model the shield, make a unit which carried just the shield. But as far as I know, it'd be near impossible to keep them from charging in with the rest of the infantry. Maybe a compromise would be to add an object to siege scenes a bit foward from where the attacking force's troops spawn so that there's something for archers to hide behind.

Just equip some units with the pavise shield, they always block unless in close combat.

You could technically make them part of the Siege Tower prop itself. But if thats the case, you might as well put a hide covered roof over them instead.

Rath0s said:
Tibertus said:

Just equip some units with the pavise shield, they always block unless in close combat.

I'm talking about something much larger than a pavise...

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
You could technically make them part of the Siege Tower prop itself. But if thats the case, you might as well put a hide covered roof over them instead.

True, but I'm also talking about something that can stay back with the archers.

It took me a while to remember the name, but once I did, I found a wikipedia article which has some decent pictures of what I mean.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantlet

Ah, the mantlet of Stronghold fame. I see.

Anyways, I can see how that could work. Still think it you just be better to have some mantlets that go around chest level stretching along the field, but maybe thats just me.

Anyways, I can see how that could work. Still think it you just be better to have some mantlets that go around chest level stretching along the field, but maybe thats just me.

Well, I think a mantlet at chest level would be pretty useless... and yeah, they are in stronghold aren't they?

Tibertus said:

Well, I think a mantlet at chest level would be pretty useless... and yeah, they are in stronghold aren't they?

Well if they are at chest level, they can still actually shoot at the enemy without hitting the damned board every time.

Tibertus said:

Well if they are at chest level, they can still actually shoot at the enemy without hitting the damned board every time.

I forgot that the AI isn't smart enough to move to the edge of an obstacle before firing. However, if I used my original idea of having a unit carrying a model of a mantlet, I'm pretty sure the AI won't fire into it.

darkpunk said:
zalmoxis said:
"There isn't any special siege units" said Akill11. we gonna rebuild a siege scens. siege  realy will be much more harder.fight on a street will be long and hard
If the sieges are harder, that works for me. In that way u could decrees the surrender time, so u'll have to think twice about assaulting a city, or waiting for surrender

Taehl said:
Well those graphics are awesome indeed, but are there any drastic gameplay improvements than the vanilla or is this going to be Native with Muslims?
no, there are a lot of  new quests, insted bandits there will be tuaregs, beduins and rebel slaves. I'll add more information later

Extremely impressive... Can't wait to play it... Jese.. What modules...
No ideea of when it will be released?

Um.. and I hope it won't be in russian.. will it?:smile:

I don't think I'll be able to learn russian in time :grin:

Cavalier93 said:
Extremely impressive... Can't wait to play it... Jese.. What modules...
No ideea of when it will be released?

Um.. and I hope it won't be in russian.. will it?:smile:

I don't think I'll be able to learn russian in time :grin:
Date of releas is unknown.mod will be on rusian but we gonna to translate it in english too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom