Warband Matchmaking Client 2.0.2 (WBMM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inquisitive_Shingen said:
Yeah one thing about the awlpike situation is the fact that if a swadian inf dies the other teams cav can pick it up and use it but Swadian cav can't pick it up? seems a bit biased in my opinion as I've already had this played against me today.

This is a bug, thank you for reporting, we'll fix it.

@Viktor, will come back to you at a later time when we discussed the suggestions.

That's to do with the resistance of the shield, same reason Rhodoks can be shot through despite having good shield skill. The shield skill increase just increases the area that is actually covered by the shield for projectiles, so Nord Cav shouldn't be staring directly at archers with their shield covering their head and still get shot around the shield which sometimes happens with 1 shield skill.

OurGloriousLeader said:
That's to do with the resistance of the shield, same reason Rhodoks can be shot through despite having good shield skill. The shield skill increase just increases the area that is actually covered by the shield for projectiles, so Nord Cav shouldn't be staring directly at archers with their shield covering their head and still get shot around the shield which sometimes happens with 1 shield skill.
oh, I see

_Osiris_ said:
The mmr loss could use some adjustment :razz: It doesn't make much sense to me to gain +30 +30 for two wins, then -48 for one stomp :sad:
Get more kills then

_Osiris_ said:
Maybe add assists and damage then. Why would I shield stun or protect archers from cav if I'm gonna end up suffering for it  :fruity:

you dont lose points for winning though? protecting archers probably makes you win easier than yoloing in

99lgx4m6agl11.jpg

Caps said:
_Osiris_ said:
Maybe add assists and damage then. Why would I shield stun or protect archers from cav if I'm gonna end up suffering for it  :fruity:

you dont lose points for winning though? protecting archers probably makes you win easier than yoloing in

99lgx4m6agl11.jpg

Cringe never post a **** meme like that ever again thanks

Performance based MMR is typically used to get good players out of low ranks because a) the good player has to grind less for their real rank and b) they won't ruin as many games by having terribly mismatched MMR.

You could argue it has a place in lower ranks for those reasons, but I don't think performance based MMR has significance in higher ranks. The only important attribute should be winning. MMR methods that prioritize selfish play over team play can encourage styles of play that differ from the pure "does this help me win."

Examples in Warband include: rangers will be more tempted to go for head-shots than a more reliable body-tag, cav will go for the kill when more supportive play (defending rangers, cav bumps) would benefit the team more, and infantry don't want to be on spear duty.

Of course, the best players will inevitably rise to the top, but performance based MMR encourages selfish game-play that makes matches less enjoyable.

Edit/disclaimer: I haven't played Warband competitively in forever.

Client keeps crashing on score and mmr gain/lose screen after finishing the match.Same goes sometimes on accept screen.I have to reopen mm after every match.Hope its not only me

Hello
I tried this out for the first time just a bit ago, and after waiting ~50 mins, a game has been found and the thing got crashed after i hit accept. i could see team 1 and 2, but there was just a blank page. now i am banned for an hour, is there something ive done wrong?

~PhoSPhoruS said:
Hello
I tried this out for the first time just a bit ago, and after waiting ~50 mins, a game has been found and the thing got crashed after i hit accept. i could see team 1 and 2, but there was just a blank page. now i am banned for an hour, is there something ive done wrong?

Yeah, sometimes the client doesn't load properly, but the game is still active and you have to join the designated server.

Client is awfully laggy for me, takes tens of seconds before I can see what server I am in and may lead to crash too - can you optimize it a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom