Status
Not open for further replies.

KaneMaB

Grandmaster Knight
JL2gDo9.png

Competitive Warband Matchmaking
1.png
2.png

Warband matchmaking is a system developed which allows a style of practice that is closer to the format which players experience in tournament matches.
It is very easy for new players to pick up and only requires basic understanding of the game Mount&Blade: Warband before jumping into a realm of the
competitive side of the game.

The client tracks basic statistical information such as Kills, Deaths, Wins, Losses and MMR which is a value that determines the skill level of each player.
Currently in order to practice for tournaments, players usually resort to public battle servers with caps as high as fifty players which does not in any way
resemble an actual competitive match.

Now players willing to sharpen their skills and gain experience on the battle field can do so at any time using Warband Matchmaking Client rather than
being restricted to having to wait for a private scrim.​

To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.

To use Warband Matchmaking Client, you’ll need to read and agree to the Terms of Service below. In addition, when you create an account, we process your information, including these:
Data that we process when you use Warband Matchmaking Client

When you set up a Warband Matchmaking Client account, we store information you give us including your username, password and your unique game ID which is based on your serial number.
    When you use Warband Matchmaking Client your IP address is logged by our server, which is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer.
    When you set up an account we generate a Hardware ID based on your computer specifications including motherboard, processor, bios and operating system. These details are hashed and are not stored in readable plain text.

Other information collected
When playing on our servers, we process and store information including:

General game statistics such as kills, deaths, wins and losses
    Timestamps of account creation and participation in matches

We process this data in order for us to provide you with full functionality of this client.

This program does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission.

Version 2.0.3
- Changed 8 vs 8 mode to 5 vs 5

Version 2.0.2
- Added Hardware ID mechanism to counter ban evading, smurfing and multi-accounting

Version 2.0
- Improved server-client communication and data processing using XML (eXtensible Markup Language)
- Auto requeue for cancelled matches - a player's place in a lobby is guaranteed if the match is cancelled
- Integrated admin panel for admins only - this way admins will be able to kick/ban/unban players swiftly
- Increased the time available for accepting a match to 20 seconds
- Changing map vote is now allowed while queueing
- Many other minor bug fixes

Version 1.9.1
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) integrated into the client
- Changed a few UI blocking procedures into background worker threads which slightly improves performance
- Added team number to channel name when clicking 'Join TS channel' button

Version 1.9
- Privacy policy consent form
- Anti-cheating mechanism removed - we are looking for a better way to prevent cheating
- Voice chat feature removed as it proved redundant - we will now resort to using TeamSpeak 3
- Winterburg added to the map pool

Version 1.8
- Current season statistics
- Map voting during queue
- Match history is now limited to the last 25 matches
- Minor bug fixes

Version 1.7
- Ranks are displayed in chat
- Sound notification for chat messages
- Voice chat indicator for players that are talking
- Minor bug fixes and tweaks

Version 1.6
-Added match history
-Added ability to change settings
-Added notification when a lobby is nearly full (only shows when WBMM is minimized to system tray)
-Fixed issues with voice chat

Version 1.5
- Multi-threading implemented, should fix crashing issues and improve performance
- Voice chat connection indicator
- Fixed bug which causes voice cutting/lagging

Version 1.4
Patch Notes
- Push-to-talk voice chatting system which allows voice communication between teammates without the requirement of TeamSpeak

This update requires you to run the installation wizard which will guide you through the installation process. This is due to including Speex codec which is required for audio compression.

Version 1.3
Patch Notes
- Cool down period when not accepting a match
- Queuing form redesigned

Version 1.2
Patch Notes
- Team balancing based on MMR
- MMR system optimized (Higher ranks get penalised more than lower ranks for losing a match)
- Archers/Crossbows limited to 2 per team
- You're able to join your team and pick your class before match starts rather than sitting in spec (useful for teamchat)
- 2 new maps added (Legacy Town and Frosthaven)
- Leaderboards now shows losses

Version 1.1
Patch Notes
- Fixed the Accept button (when in queue)
- Added announcements
- Fixed the HTTP ERROR at Reporting
- Added you can see active matches when queueing

Version 1.0
Patch Notes
- Changed the queue system - issues with players stacking have been resolved
- Added chat box in the match form
- Banning system implemented
- Rank and MMR notification when you join the server
- Current match score notification on server during match
- Leaderboards now show rank badges
- Match form redesigned
- Base MMR gain/loss buffed - Easier to rank up/down (+based on stats)
- You can report players now
- MMR and stats have been reset
- Minor bugs fixes

Also thanks to Kawaii, Soul, Rey and HolyWarrior for testing.

Version 0.9
Patch Notes
- Fixed issue with losing MMR although you've joined the server
- Fixed lobby screen flickering during lobby queue
- Increased base MMR per win/loss and included round difference ratio to the calculation
- Server freezing issues have also been fixed

If you want to download WBMM, you can do so here: https://www.warbandmatchmaking.com

The Team and Credits

Team

Kane
Mynes
Sabo0o
Watly
Shema

-
-
-
-
-

Project Leader
Ex-Project Leader and Main Developer
Warband Module Scripter and Graphics Designer
Matchmaking Community Manager and Developer
Developer

Credits
Flag Mod by Azan
Also special thanks to Sabo0o for providing high quality Warband servers

Matchmaking Rules and Regulations

The following offenses deserve a warning and eventually a ban depending on the circumstances:

- Using default gear or any troll equipment that may hinder the progress of the team
- Impersonating individual players by using their names that cannot be differentiated from the real one.
- Dodging a match because you don't like your team
- Leaving the server while the match is still on-going because your team is losing
- Going AFK while in a match
- Intentional team-attacking
- Intentional feeding
- Ban evading

Fietta said:
No offense but what changes if you're project leader and mynes is still developing it? Unless you're saying that he's just EX everything.
Read the last post: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,377105.msg9028586.html#msg9028586

I mean I already have, Mynes is still the main developer and I really don't see the other ones you put as 'developers' actually program something. Besides the entire argument before Is that he done something without people's permission. I don't know what's in place where he doesn't do that? Might just be me not understanding something... If Mynes wasn't trusted why is he still in the team?

Watly and Shema being added is clearly a cover up for Mynes being main developer.

Fietta said:
I mean I already have, Mynes is still the main developer and I really don't see the other ones you put as 'developers' actually program something. Besides the entire argument before Is that he done something without people's permission. I don't know what's in place where he doesn't do that? Might just be me not understanding something... If Mynes wasn't trusted why is he still in the team?

Watly and Shema being added is clearly a cover up for Mynes being main developer.
It's not a "cover up"
They both have acces to the code now. If anything suspicious is going on, they will know and report about it. They also help us out of anything is needed.

Mynes has made mistakes, for which he has been punished. We have been talking with Callum and sorted stuff out. We are planning to follow each and every rule to make this program work again.
One might think that us trying to "cover up" something would lead to unwanted results and punishments for the administrator team, including myself.

I like my Bannerlord key and prizes, I'd like to keep them if possible. )))

Ok so here's my problem, mynes will be continuing to develop the platform because he actually has experience programming this sort of stuff. If Watly and Shema are looking over his code, why not get rid of mynes and just make watly and shema develop it? Or is it because they lack experience? How can someone who's far less experienced look over someone who's experienced?

EDIT: It went from taleworlds saying 'THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE' to Mynes ye you can still be main programmer, all is good.

Fietta said:
Ok so here's my problem, mynes will be continuing to develop the platform because he actually has experience programming this sort of stuff. If Watly and Shema are looking over his code, why not get rid of mynes and just make watly and shema develop it? Or is it because they lack experience? How can someone who's far less experienced look over someone who's experienced?
Fietta, why do you have so many questions on every topic on this website jeeeeez

Fietta said:
Mynes built this stuff from ground up. The project is now coded by 3 people. Just because he gives himself the title of "Main developer" doesn't mean he does more/ is more important than the other 2. He just coded most of it, hence the title.

Your why questions will really not lead anywhere besides more drama. I get u don't trust Mynes, but I do hope u trust any of the other 2 people coding the program. If you have any questions/ suspicions ask either one of them and I am sure they can help you out.

E: Read
I forgot to mention that the database has been completely reset, this includes all accounts. If you relaunch the client, you will have to remake your account in order to queue.

Fietta said:
No offense but what changes if you're project leader and mynes is still developing it? Unless you're saying that he's just EX everything.

I will be helping Mynes with the continued development of WBMM and, if needed, step in to prevent similar incidents. If you have any qualms with my expertise or Shema's, feel free to ask.

In case of questions/complaints and whatnot, I will be available to answer them over steam or in this thread as the community manager of WBMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom