Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idibil said:
Germanic Celt said:
Why are the one handed axes so massive? We wanted twohanded axes not massive one handed ones  :lol:

1.04  :mrgreen:

And why don't you add two handed viking swords as well? They are not so historically accurate as the two handed viking axes, but your game is clearly not a viking age simulator, so my suggestion would be enjoyable to me and a lot of other people who bought VC. Thanks!

Here is a link to a modern made two handed viking sword, just awesome - https://www.google.bg/search?q=two+handed+viking+sword&biw=1920&bih=966&tbm=isch&imgil=ZZjYCFO4wkItaM%253A%253BvS3FWvjstvw3ZM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.swordforum.com%25252Fforums%25252Fshowthread.php%25253F104428-A-Two-Handed-Viking-Sword-Custom&source=iu&pf=m&fir=ZZjYCFO4wkItaM%253A%252CvS3FWvjstvw3ZM%252C_&usg=__AMzWZqQC2yYNnn3Xba89cdW6J5w%3D&ved=0CCgQyjc&ei=Pg_FVK-IO43jO9KFgcAE#imgdii=_&imgrc=ZZjYCFO4wkItaM%253A%3BvS3FWvjstvw3ZM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi232.photobucket.com%252Falbums%252Fee149%252Fbrennyo2%252FNokkelenB.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.swordforum.com%252Fforums%252Fshowthread.php%253F104428-A-Two-Handed-Viking-Sword-Custom%3B920%3B455

wildyracing said:
Many things are fantasy and yet they are in this game. Let's not be like that, please.
Some people like the game for its historical accuracy, because that increases the immersion for them. It is what they want and it is something rarely done by developers. I happen to be such a person. If you like to play fantasy vikings play Native or PoP or any other mod really.

DerGreif said:
wildyracing said:
Many things are fantasy and yet they are in this game. Let's not be like that, please.
Some people like the game for its historical accuracy, because that increases the immersion for them. It is what they want and it is something rarely done by developers. I happen to be such a person. If you like to play fantasy vikings play Native or PoP or any other mod really.
Indeed. I don't mind the historical accuracy/realism being bent a little bit here and there, but Vikings running around with 2h swords would being going too far for me. If someone wants Viking 2h swords, or plate armor, gunpowder, etc...then they can mod it in, but keep the fantasy stuff out of the base game as much as possible (I'm one of the people that doesn't care at all that there are no 2h axes in the game, but it won't really bother me when those are added).

Just want to add my two cents.  This mod really delivers a unique experience especially after the 1.03 patch.  I can finally play with no crashes, tons of exciting features, and a historically immersive environment.  The story mode has a quest line you can follow or not follow, the world is big enough to make exploration fun, trading is a realistic option, combat is balanced and makes learning how to use different weapons both challenging and gratifying.  For a DLC, I definitely think the Brytenwalda team delivered something significant to the gaming world. 

There are tons of gamers that have gotten used to seeing characters with gigantic two handed weapons and plate armor doing back flips and somersaults and forward hand springs to take out hordes of green monsters.  That's not what this game is about.  It is a welcome breath of fresh air to a very tedious industry of over-the-top action / arcade games.  There are other M&B mods that cater to those tastes.

Bottom line is I love VC and think the creators did an amazing job with it.

Limehill said:
Just want to add my two cents.  This mod really delivers a unique experience especially after the 1.03 patch.  I can finally play with no crashes, tons of exciting features, and a historically immersive environment.  The story mode has a quest line you can follow or not follow, the world is big enough to make exploration fun, trading is a realistic option, combat is balanced and makes learning how to use different weapons both challenging and gratifying.  For a DLC, I definitely think the Brytenwalda team delivered something significant to the gaming world. 

There are tons of gamers that have gotten used to seeing characters with gigantic two handed weapons and plate armor doing back flips and somersaults and forward hand springs to take out hordes of green monsters.  That's not what this game is about.  It is a welcome breath of fresh air to a very tedious industry of over-the-top action / arcade games.  There are other M&B mods that cater to those tastes.

Bottom line is I love VC and think the creators did an amazing job with it.
I second this excellent post! You spoke out of my heart!

I am a hardcore gamer myself and I think you misunderstood me completely.

I don't enjoy fantasy games and magic etc... I love well-driven games as realistic as possible and (almost) always play on hardest difficulty and in first person view to enjoy the immersion.

As I already stated in my original post. those two handed viking swords aren't historically accurate and I know it just well as you know it.
BUT this does in no way make them a fantasy weapons! Two handed swords aren't huge neither unwieldy and just because the archeologists haven't found any example up-to-date doesn't mean it is utterly impossible for a two handed sword to have existed in the Viking age, either imported from abroad or locally forged just for the sake of craftsmanship.

wildyracing said:

I don't enjoy fantasy games and magic etc... I love well-driven games as realistic as possible and (almost) always play on hardest difficulty and in first person view to enjoy the immersion.

As I already stated in my original post. those two handed viking swords aren't historically accurate and I know it just well as you know it.
BUT this does in no way make them a fantasy weapons! Two handed swords aren't huge neither unwieldy and just because the archeologists haven't found any example up-to-date doesn't mean it is utterly impossible for a two handed sword to have existed in the Viking age, either imported from abroad or locally forged just for the sake of craftsmanship.

travel north and you can get 2H swords. There are already ingame...

Cheers

kalarhan said:
wildyracing said:

travel north and you can get 2H swords. There are already ingame...

Cheers

Thanks for the info mate, I didn't know that!
Way to go!

bill2505 said:
do you suggest starting a game with 1.03 or waiting for 1.04

1.03 works great, very few bug reports and nothing that looks like it could break your game or story-mode.

1.04 has no release date. You may need to wait for weeks. It will have new stuff, but mostly we know about *surprises* hehe.

Up to you. Play and have fun now. Or wait. Or play now and play it again on a new campaign, having fun on both times  :cool:

kalarhan said:
bill2505 said:
do you suggest starting a game with 1.03 or waiting for 1.04
1.04 has no release date. You may need to wait for weeks.

Oh sweet Harlaus I hope not., I've been chomping at the bit for 1.04 beta to come out for a couple weeks now, I don't think I can take it much longer.

I find 1.03 very playable. No crashes. Some small glitches but nothing that ruins the game so far. I would say to those holding back that it is good enough now to plunk down your money and play.

Skott said:
I find 1.03 very playable. No crashes. Some small glitches but nothing that ruins the game so far. I would say to those holding back that it is good enough now to plunk down your money and play.

Are the big one handed axes gonna be fixed in 1.04?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom