Viking Conquest issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had taken two minutes to read our posts TheGG, you would have noticed we spent hours looking at every house in that town. Well I thought I had looked at every house...

Thanks for the help others.

Do not look here said:
It would make it tons easier if there would be that small banner from native, indicating that it, indeed, is special building that you can enter and trade in.
That will actually be in an upcoming patch - because of the complaints  :smile:
The reason merchants don't have signs is it wasn't used back then. People knew each other and where places were  :smile:

Do not look here said:
... I've got the same thing with one of the first quests, the one with donating for widows, orphans or whomever - I've went from one similar house to another - all having doors from seaside and all on different... ehm... piers? Is that the word? Anyway, I had to check them all, because I've started looking for them from wrong side of port.
The quest specifically says "house on the pier (or is it wharf?)", and you're looking straight at it when spawning in the town centre.
Again I've tried making it very easy.
You've played too many modern RPGs where the only brain activity needed is to modify the game to your liking  :smile:

I actually don't, precisely because they've started calling good ol' hack'n'slashes "fully fleshed RPGs". When I've spawned I saw many similar houses practically on each wharf (yeah, that was the word, thank you). I haven't thought to myself "well, let's check the first one I saw", it was "that's a lot of houses to check, better be methodical about it".

Well, I understand that people knew each other, but I haven't got that feeling. Actually, remembering that first quest, I thought I'll be able to just ask around the town where the desired person is. If any in-game townsman would point me at right direction I'd be more than happy. Believe me, I found it cringe-worthy when TLD team decided to put in option to make all the NPCs available on city screen from the go and I enjoy greatly roaming the scenes in your game, but that one thing is annoying. I'm a foreigner, I don't "know people and places". If signs are problem, I'd prefer being able to ask around or pay 15 pennings or so to some random kid to run aimlessly more or less in right direction.

Do not look here said:
I actually don't, precisely because they've started calling good ol' hack'n'slashes "fully fleshed RPGs". When I've spawned I saw many similar houses practically on each wharf (yeah, that was the word, thank you). I haven't thought to myself "well, let's check the first one I saw", it was "that's a lot of houses to check, better be methodical about it".

Well, I understand that people knew each other, but I haven't got that feeling. Actually, remembering that first quest, I thought I'll be able to just ask around the town where the desired person is. If any in-game townsman would point me at right direction I'd be more than happy. Believe me, I found it cringe-worthy when TLD team decided to put in option to make all the NPCs available on city screen from the go and I enjoy greatly roaming the scenes in your game, but that one thing is annoying. I'm a foreigner, I don't "know people and places". If signs are problem, I'd prefer being able to ask around or pay 15 pennings or so to some random kid to run aimlessly more or less in right direction.

if you ask anyone in the city they would tell you to check the tall house in the wharf, them you would have the one just in front of you and another one 100m away.

Remember to talk to people and ask directions!

Yes, that's the thing I've tried in Hogni's case. Except then you can't do this and instead of searching through few houses I had accurate description of, I've tried going from door to door in whole town - and still eventually missed one that I was supposed to look for.

Do not look here said:
Yes, that's the thing I've tried in Hogni's case. Except then you can't do this and instead of searching through few houses I had accurate description of, I've tried going from door to door in whole town - and still eventually missed one that I was supposed to look for.

Leave town/village and enter again. You will restart at the spawn center and you should be close to it.

Its not that bad guys. In 99 I was playing a MMORPG (first generation) that didnt have maps. You had to explore the world, run from mobs and try to find the next town. It was called a adventure!

Course now we have WOW and everything is spoon fed  :sad:

You know what guys? Yeah, I want everything spoon-fed to me now. I also complain that my enemies don't jump into the water in naval battles and that enemy shieldwall doesn't walk backward toward me, so that my archers would have field day with 'em. It would be also nice if all the konungrs or however you should go plural with that word would just stop being lazy asses and start doing all the quests for me.

Finally, I'd like an option to slap some reason into Jarl of Kennemer so he just delivers Sven all tied up to the starting village and stop behaving like insane person. Yeah, that would be my favourite game, please make it so.

Also, don't forget about biggest spoon feeding ever, somehow marking the yet another same house that has "enter" dialogue box appearing only when really close to its door, that so happens to have a person I need to meet inside, so that I won't feel like, WARNING, offensive material ahead, Jehovah's witness, walking from closed door to closed door. Such an idiot, looking for a bigger house with some trading goods in front of it - and finding such - instead of shed that so happens to be close to town square.

Still love your game, though. And I'm deeply embarrassed for making a fuss over so tiny thing.

Do not look here said:
You know what guys? Yeah, I want everything spoon-fed to me now. I also complain that my enemies don't jump into the water in naval battles and that enemy shieldwall doesn't walk backward toward me, so that my archers would have field day with 'em. It would be also nice if all the konungrs or however you should go plural with that word would just stop being lazy asses and start doing all the quests for me.

Finally, I'd like an option to slap some reason into Jarl of Kennemer so he just delivers Sven all tied up to the starting village and stop behaving like insane person. Yeah, that would be my favourite game, please make it so.

Also, don't forget about biggest spoon feeding ever, somehow marking the yet another same house that has "enter" dialogue box appearing only when really close to its door, that so happens to have a person I need to meet inside, so that I won't feel like, WARNING, offensive material ahead, Jehovah's witness, walking from closed door to closed door. Such an idiot, looking for a bigger house with some trading goods in front of it - and finding such - instead of shed that so happens to be close to town square.

Still love your game, though. And I'm deeply embarrassed for making a fuss over so tiny thing.

lol your sarcasm is worth a 10, well done  :cool:

We need a feature that creates pink arrows in the scene map showing the way to the quest goal. Just make it toggleable. Everyone happy! Course that may not be possible with current WB engine tools... so add more help text to the npcs around the scene...

Or someone just create a walkthrough for the main quests. Post on a wiki. With screens and maps!

Dear "Do not look here",

Stop asking and start reacting....
Join Steam Group: "Protest Against M&B Viking Conquest Malfunction" found at: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/VikingConquestmalfunction

Anybody else having issues with not being able to recruit troops from settlements they own in 1.02 (even with good relations)? I think I know what is causing the problem, if you did not ask permission to recruit from the castles/town previous own then you will never be able to recruit from the settlement if you capture it. 

reiksmarshal said:
Anybody else having issues with not being able to recruit troops from settlements they own in 1.02 (even with good relations)? I think I know what is causing the problem, if you did not ask permission to recruit from the castles/town previous own then you will never be able to recruit from the settlement if you capture it.

know issue. Should be fixed on 1.03

stfliveris said:
Dear "Do not look here",

Join Steam Group: "Protest Against M&B Viking Conquest Malfunction" found at: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/VikingConquestmalfunction

LOL thanks for the laugh. Kids have too much free time this days  :lol:

kalarhan said:
stfliveris said:
Dear "Do not look here",

LOL thanks for the laugh. Kids have too much free time this days  :lol:
HAHAA, wow they even have a slogan. I am going to react by playing more viking conquest.

My game has started to stop working, i can play for like 20 minutes then it just shuts down, worked well before :s

Loving the game so far, crashes and unintelligible language sometimes besides, but I did notice one thing I haven't seen brought up.

In battle, after I give orders for my archers to stand ground, they won't move from that spot again during the battle even when given new commands. Sometimes the cavalry too. Infantry have no problem, they respond well.

I will say that I have to change the default settings for commands because on a MAC computer you have to press/hold fn (function) and then the corresponding F1-F12 keys to get them to work, and I don't have that many fingers! If only I had two thumbs for each hand. Don't know if this is the cause of my problems.

Cue the, "Well you shouldn't be playing a game on a MAC" responses now.

I also like the floating ships sometimes seen during naval battles, it reminds me of the movie "Yellowbeard" where he rides Bifrost to Vahalla in his warship. Wouldn't that be a battle! Fighting in the waves of a rainbow!!!

Wait a sec, I think I got movies mixed up... Erik the Viking!  Both horribly great movies by members of Monty Python and others.

gindling said:
Loving the game so far, crashes and unintelligible language sometimes besides, but I did notice one thing I haven't seen brought up.

In battle, after I give orders for my archers to stand ground, they won't move from that spot again during the battle even when given new commands. Sometimes the cavalry too. Infantry have no problem, they respond well.

That was a issue with 1.01.

1.02 fixed that. It is out of the beta too (it got release a few hours ago). Try again ingame to see if its working now.

I went to the Odin's cave and defeated the bandits. I got message of something (which I don't know what because too busy fighting) but i didn't get any item in my inventory. Version 1.02 updated (steam)...

Jason L. said:
I went to the Odin's cave and defeated the bandits. I got message of something (which I don't know what because too busy fighting) but i didn't get any item in my inventory. Version 1.02 updated (steam)...

planned for 1.03. Some quests are not giving the rewards.

Workaroud for now: use the cheat menu to grab your stuff

gindling said:

I will say that I have to change the default settings for commands because on a MAC computer you have to press/hold fn (function) and then the corresponding F1-F12 keys to get them to work, and I don't have that many fingers! If only I had two thumbs for each hand. Don't know if this is the cause of my problems.

Cue the, "Well you shouldn't be playing a game on a MAC" responses now.
Why on earth are you playing on a Mac? And yes, Warband doesn't seem to support macro and shift/ ctrl / function/ command (lel), so either that's an oversight or you're playing on the wrong platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom