Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Michadr said:
snip

A thing that players need to know if they do not already that before there were elves, there was the Old Perisno Empire. The Elves were descendants from them, that is why they have been in Perisno far longer then any other faction.

There is a reason there is not much known about them, reasons like more lore to be written and other unfinished 'things'.
Another thing to note, the first Perisno Elves originated from humans, so in theory they are half-human and half-elf. Just one reason why there are similarities between the two of them.
I'd say more but this is not the right time, and we are still working on finishing that part of the lore.

cheers
-Michadr

@ mr Oldtimer, please read what michadr said -.-

also due to lore missing/work in progress not everything about them is known

i also think they are meant to be a more misterious faction (just my opinion tho)
also regarding the 3rd Legion:

"The Third Legion is a remnant of an ancient Perisnoan Empire. It is rumored that the ancestors of the Third Legion used to rule the entire world, and there was not a region in the world where the name was not known. However, the Third Legion's time is long gone, and now their military might is only a tiny fragment of what it used to be. Nevertheless, they have adapted to new technologies and innovations, and are steadily growing in power. Lead by their ambitious general Octavius, they will stop at nothing to achieve domination of the world and raise their old empire back from the ruins."

so they could have been dunno Somewhere in a Far Corner of the World when the Fall of the Old Perisno Empire happened, and when the Elves separated from the human race.

also Good Taste as you said it also means to accept others prefferences and ideeas and not try to force your own ideals and prefferences on others.

before you favourite writers made Elves they were already in cultures previous to them, some called em Sprites, Fairies, Elves w/e depending on culture.

so going by your logic if i happened to like Thumb Size people with wings and pointy ears (called elves by X culture/writer) does it mean that True Beauty and Refinement for Perisno would be those? NO.

True Beauty and Refinement would be what the Devs like, not me, you or X random player.

they are opened for suggestions (which i like and apreciate alot) also they listen to player feed-back, but in the end they are the decision makers and the workers :razz:

@Alex the Seeker

My good Sir or Madam,

it seems to me that you either did not read my posts on this issue or refuse to realize that my opinions are actually based on the lore released as I understand it. My perception of the lore may be divergent from others but is nevertheless logical. Asking why some humans mutated(the "elves" of today) while some others(the "Legion" of today") did not, but still remain extremely strong(probably due to embracing new tech) is not nitpicking. Actually it`s about reasons for some evolving organically, others evolving technologically within same species, area and time frame. It seems that rules for species evolution do not apply to Perisno. Perisno is fantasy, but leaves me confused anyway  because within same species, area and time frame evolution(the reason for emergence of the "elves") should apply equally to all, fantasy or not.
It`s strange if it doesn`t... I is scientist, you know.

Besides, I`d never demand anything from people who put in lots of effort into something they give away for free. I have my thoughts though and feel free to post them. BTW, I`m quite conversant in Scandinavian mythology, which influenced the Anglo-Saxon world no end. With alfar, dvergr and what not. You do know that in the darkest Yorkshire you can have a conversation in Danish( or rather Scandinavian) with the locals in the pub even today don`t you?

But back on topic, "first Perisno elves originated from humans, so in theory they are half human and half elf". That`s rubbish, originating(mutating) from whatever into a new species means there are no halves, only a new whole. And yes, this new whole  will keep some DNA from the old whole. Excluding DNA for round ears, bad breath and balding.
Half by half holds true in case of interbreeding, but not in case of evolving(mutating, as it were).

Anyway, all this will be crystal clear by Perisno 1.15 at the latest, so let´s wait and see.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:

you realize even if originating from same strand of DNA, due to X nr of factors,Projenitors of that base DNA can and most likely will evolve/change/mutate in different ways if you put thos Projenitors in very different enviroments.

also this is not just speculations, i can observe it my the area i live in aswell, about 30 km from the area i live (hills) there is the mountain area, the ppl in the mountain area only consume salt with No Iodine (which they mine themselves), due to that they have a more pale color than us in the hill zone, also their foreheads are way bigger than ours, even tho our people are like 20 mins drive with the car (due to bad roads).

the same goes with people in the south of my county in which most have a more darker skin colour due to more sunny weather, while those in the north are more white-ish.

some in the North-East even talk way different than use and have different customs and ways to behave that others (even tho we came from same people  and distance is not that big)

now to Perisno elves: they live in the forest = most likely they adapted to the forest, rememer medival hunters/trackers which had keener sense that most, could track animals etc.
while the 3rd Legion were most likely in a whole different enviroment which is why those 2 factions evolved/changed/mutated differently.

Look at the Roman Empire of our old age, and see how various armies in the far corners of their empire changed, or how Rome Itself changed due to X influx of new DNA/Customs/Technology.

or better yet look in our days, compare someone who lives in the city for 2-3 generations and see someone who lives in contryside for 2-3 generations, you will be amazed of the difference on adaptibility of those 2 people from different enviroments.

ps: i`m a dude, and by no means do i have the requirements to be a "Sir" (meaning maners wise, not age)

Joshua Ryde said:
Alex the Seeker said:
Joshua Ryde said:
Lord of Shadows said:
Perisno 1.15. That sounds cool.  :roll:  :razz:

I could also quite like a Perisno v 1.15 tbh.
When will that be released devs?
:razz:
after v1.14 and before v1.16(HOTFIX)    :mrgreen:

NO WAY!!!
I am so excited?
2 months maybe?

well if we round up the devs and make em work as slaves with guns pointed at their loved ones, while giving them Redbull and Adrenaline IVs we might get version 2.00 in 3 weeks tops :smile:

that is if we would trully be evil (points towards myself) :mrgreen:

Alex the Seeker said:
Joshua Ryde said:
Alex the Seeker said:
Joshua Ryde said:
Lord of Shadows said:
Perisno 1.15. That sounds cool.  :roll:  :razz:

I could also quite like a Perisno v 1.15 tbh.
When will that be released devs?
:razz:
after v1.14 and before v1.16(HOTFIX)    :mrgreen:

NO WAY!!!
I am so excited?
2 months maybe?

well if we round up the devs and make em work as slaves with guns pointed at their loved ones, while giving them Redbull and Adrenaline IVs we might get version 2.00 in 3 weeks tops :smile:

that is if we would trully be evil (points towards myself) :mrgreen:
doubt it lol textures/modeling/coding takes awhile i mean look at 0.7 its been how many months?

@Alex the Seeker

Hi,

are you not confusing phenotypes with species? I get that impression from your last comment on this.

Anyway, as you correctly point out, let the devs do as they please. After all it is possible to redo visual appearance of ingame phenotypes/species if motivated enough.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Oldtimer said:
@Alex the Seeker

Hi,

are you not confusing phenotypes with species? I get that impression from your last comment on this.

Anyway, as you correctly point out, let the devs do as they please. After all it is possible to redo visual appearance of ingame phenotypes/species if motivated enough.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Actually phenotypes is something one can observe :
"Blue eyes" is a phenotype
But a specie is harder to determine than a phenotype.
Basically there is three way :
-Common phenotype --> The more phenotype in common, the closer
-DNA --> Phenotype might be different but not the DNA
-Reproduction --> If 2 individual can have a fertile baby then it is the same species

To get to our point :
He is talking about phenotype indeed but Alex is also mixing up phenotype evolution and training :
If hunters had keener sense it is only because they learn to hear.
They son didn't inherit it, because it is linked to the brain developpment. It's the same thing with a pianist. A good pianist can move his fingers faster than I ever dream of, but this is NOT evolution, this is only training.

Nevertheless, if the 3rd legion and the Redwood were the same a long time ago, but gone so different that they didn't recognize themselves as the same species, they must have been separed at least 15 000 years ago, so let's wait how our dear dev put it up  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom