Version 0.772 Released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Huseby said:
I don't see anything referencing shield bash in the PMOD mod settings (under camp menu).

I did see the "change game settings" under camp menu, and disabled the combant enhancements, which references shield bash.

It's not the end of the world, just figured I'd throw the question out there (if I could disable shield bash).

in PBOD settings uncheck "Enable AI to use special orders".  Sure it mentions 3 other skills but if you select this and also have Silverstag combat enhancements enabled, they bash twice.  If you disable Silverstag but leave this enabled they bash once. If you disable both the AI bashes 0 times but you can still initiate a bash, if you mash the correct key.

Trying this mod out. 1 hour in, my initial thoughts:

Too easy? My stats through character creation are too high. Bandits hit me for 0 and I have high difficulty settings. So far it's too easy.
Don't like the look of the campaign map, feels overly saturated to me. And there's this constant flickering that annoys me.
However, I do like the battle maps I was in so far.

bestguy said:

Too easy? My stats through character creation are too high. Bandits hit me for 0 and I have high difficulty settings. So far it's too easy.
Don't like the look of the campaign map, feels overly saturated to me. And there's this constant flickering that annoys me.
We will be removing (or at least significantly nerfing) the starting player equipment choices and stats in 0.8.

bestguy said:

Looks like ,you haven't tried starting your Own kingdom..........will let you know how much easy Persino 0.77 is?

Redwood nation with 18% bow increase efficiency would take down your whole army.Used my full cavarly army in open field against their 800 troops and my whole cavalry army slaughtered.Looks like redwood nation becomes too powerful in this version.Try to seige redwood nation town and let me know how much easy game is?

its becomes too difficult to take town now without allies support.

First off, a big thank you to all who have helped work on this mod. This is one of my favorite mods out there, implementing its own story and lore, a beautiful selection of music, rather unique combat in my experience, beautiful choice of added/created apparel, and new maps I've yet to see in Warband or any of its mods. Funny thing about the new maps btw, created a black knight wearing the runed twilight armor and I fought on this bridge... Warband's way of implementing a Monty Python joke :razz:

I do have a couple of questions, however, if you guys would be so kind as to answer them. All questions will be related to the "Giants" (Grim Age/Warsword chaos raiders) that have not yet been implemented into the current version of the mod. I have been monitoring this thread in hopes to find info on the Giants, and maybe I haven't digged far enough but not entirely sure which of the incomplete features' category they fall under.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/23/22999/mb_warband_2015-05-15_20-36-42-647.jpg

1) Will the Giants have a select few armors from the Grim Age/Warsword mods, or will most, if not all, of the armors be implemented?
2) Will the player character have access to these armors, or will they be troop-specific and race locked? Would love to play as one of them, really :razz:
3) Will they be roaming raiders on the map, or will they be tied to a faction like the Valahir clan?

Hi everyone,

could somebody please tell me or give hints how to get the Strange Rapier?
Block Crusher are superior  :cool:

Thanks in advance, 0.8 is going to be awesome  :lol:

You guys really need to rethink the balance in this mod (0.772).  Bows are way under powered and archers can't hit the broadside of a barn.  Unshielded infantry shrug off arrows and shields have too many hit points, they take 10-15 arrow hits and still don't break.  Then there are the deadly thrown weapons that do more damage than arrows and can be thrown as far, if not farther.  I know, even in Native the thrown weapons were a bit overpowered, but here even moreso.

Morale seems to be a good idea, until you have battles that drag on and on as both sides consistently rubber band back and forth from wavering to attacking never quite engaging.  Lords are always top heavy in top tier troops, which is understandable early in game, but even after they've been beaten in battle they seem to have a hidden cache of top tier troops to re-fill their army.  The speed of the pole arms seem to be too high.  They swing them like swords, especially the one that look like their unbalanced with heavy ends.

I really like the idea of this mod, but it is becoming much too frustrating to continue to play.  Especially with some of the bugs, the most egregious being sometimes my infantry and archers spawn on the opposite side of the map from me and the mounted troops.

Strongly disagree, this mod is too easy if anything.  The lords don't have enough troops and enough high level troops considering what the player is able to field.  The garrisons are way too small and weak even against the AI vs. AI's weak lords.  The bows have been nerfed somewhat, but still are very very powerful as long as you have the right faction troops.  You should have no trouble steamrolling once you have your first town/castle and can stockpile troops. 

If you're using Windows Defender, 0.771 and 0.772 patches might cause a false positive (supposedly Win32/Spursint.A!cl trojan).
I got it 3 times, but on 4th try, it didn't autoblock. I ran the 0.772 patch through VirusTotal, which confirms it was a false positive.
https://www.virustotal.com/fi/file/43e29a6e4f4c0295c46c79652c691488684cc303f9979b1615df05186a69e5b1/analysis/1479244939/

Back
Top Bottom