(Updated 10/03/2023) The Necronomicon - Download Page

Users who are viewing this thread

Downloading new version now.
Definitely great job.
I gave up playing M&B about 6 months ago, now with Solid and Shade addiction is back!  :twisted:
I like so much the new way of playing and the whole atmosphere you throw players in....

I hope you'll get a dedicated sub forum soon. Your amazing work deserves it.
Thanks for all the fun you give us. Cheers from the french zombies community ...  :wink:

Having been captured by guards whilst grave robbing, the game wouldn't allow me to continue - no matter how many times I pressed the 'continue' option. I'm playing the latest version version with a new character.

Jayeh said:
Having been captured by guards whilst grave robbing, the game wouldn't allow me to continue - no matter how many times I pressed the 'continue' option. I'm playing the latest version version with a new character.

Odd. It doesn't do that for me... you do realize when you are captured time passes for a while right? It should be just like getting caught sneaking into town. Hmm. I'll have to investigate.

Scipion said:
Downloading new version now.
Definitely great job.
I gave up playing M&B about 6 months ago, now with Solid and Shade addiction is back!  :twisted:
I like so much the new way of playing and the whole atmosphere you throw players in....

I hope you'll get a dedicated sub forum soon. Your amazing work deserves it.
Thanks for all the fun you give us. Cheers from the french zombies community ...  :wink:

Thanks for the props. :grin:

Maybe next month when I get my own internet I can do more guerilla advertising. I might at least make a MySpace page for the mod. In the meantime, I would encourage fans of Solid & Shade to spread the word - tell your MMO friends, recruit your family members - hell, circulate poorly-zeroxed pamphlets on the streetcorner.  :twisted:

If this gets much more popular I might qualify for a sub-forum (I think... I'm not really sure what is required). We will see.

I am creating accessory items for all of the normal and elite sets - these will be weapons (mostly) or shields that increase a skill by 1; not actually parts of the sets. They are made to compliment their respective sets, but of course are separate items and can be used by anybody. So far I have:

* A long pike for the Fleshburner set. I thought the speed of the Panic mount required a polearm.
* A doctor's bag for the Plaguedoctor set. An extra shield for more survivability.
* A one-handed sword for the Bloodpreserver set. Since the Remains are throwing blunt weapons, I figured this set also needed something sharp to use in conjunction with the enormous shield.
* A one- or two-handed katana for the Hellraiser set. The Rack just seemed so lonely, so I gave this set a sword to use with it.
* A one-handed scepter for the Shadowlord set. This set needed something for blunt damage, and something to use with the shield.
* A one-handed screwdriver for the Artificer set. This set needed a complimentary melee weapon, and what better?

The Acolyte set will likely get a shield accessory, and I'm thinking a small pick or axe for the basic Necromancer set. I did a LOT of modeling last night. In fact it's funny, I don't even play much anymore - probably two or three days worth out of the month. The rest of the time I am modding. :lol:

Anyway, I thought I would say hey today. Now I will go away! Until next time!

Jayeh said:

N0ught said:
Odd. It doesn't do that for me... you do realize when you are captured time passes for a while right? It should be just like getting caught sneaking into town. Hmm. I'll have to investigate.

Just tested it again and had the same result.

Spotted by guards - Fight to try and escape - Beat up and imprisoned. The picture, and the text explaining what has occurred appears normally as does the option to 'continue' but no joy after that. Not really a problem as I'll make sure that I always carry the Hand item from now on :smile:

The mod plays far better now with the the improved grave-robbing and zombie summoning. I also like the Scavenger line - a bit of pick and mix adds variety to my little band of troops. I eagerly look forward to your next update and the weapons that it will bring. Keep up the good work :!:

Thomas di Hookton said:
what about a Warband porting?

Maybe someday.

Jayeh said:
Jayeh said:

N0ught said:

Just tested it again and had the same result.

Spotted by guards - Fight to try and escape - Beat up and imprisoned. The picture, and the text explaining what has occurred appears normally as does the option to 'continue' but no joy after that. Not really a problem as I'll make sure that I always carry the Hand item from now on :smile:

The mod plays far better now with the the improved grave-robbing and zombie summoning. I also like the Scavenger line - a bit of pick and mix adds variety to my little band of troops. I eagerly look forward to your next update and the weapons that it will bring. Keep up the good work :!:

Yikes! Yes, this is a bad bug and I have been trying to squash it all morning with no success. I'm sure I will get it eventually though. Thank you for pointing this out - I was deadly afraid something like this was going to be included in that last release, and now I'm kicking myself. Oww.  :evil:

Alright, major changes will happen in the next version:

* I am removing the "single bonus for complete item set" concept - in retrospect it is too much of a weak Diablo 2 hack.
* Instead there will be various equipped items that will individually boost skill levels. There is one bonus in the Acolyte's set and all Legendary sets, two in the Necromancer's set, and three in all other sets.
* The three elite sets have three bonuses to the same skill (for specialization purposes), while the rest have mixed bonuses. The normal and elite sets have bonuses that make sense for their item, while the Legendary sets have more mixed bonuses.
* The sets will include the following artifact items I have made. I am still unclear as to how they will be acquired, but I am working on it:

~ Vessel ~ A much-needed shield for the acolyte's equipment set.

~ Shatter ~ The basic necromancy set needed something sharp.

~ Kindling ~ With the speed of this equipment set's mount it begged for a polearm.

~ Crashkit ~ An extra shield for the toughest set around.

~ Inheritance ~ Throwing weapons just weren't enough for this set, so it got a nice rapier.

~ Tongueflayer ~ The Hellraiser's Rack seemed so lonely, so I gave the set a weapon to be used with or without a shield. I also altered the Guillotine for the next release - I think it looks uber (and less like a toothbrush from hell, as my fiancee pointed out; I love her so much).

~ Usurper ~ While this set packs some serious punch, I thought it needed something for taking prisoners too.

~ Torque ~ Yep. A screwdriver. Makes sense.

More to come soon! I am out of time, but I just downloaded FRAPS, so maybe next time I will have some gameplay videos! Happy hunting! :twisted:

lol is it ok i if i take Stheno's armor XD i am now super powerful unstoppable  :mrgreen: :arrow: :razz:  and i love the mod  :grin:
how long am i suppose to keep on trying to grave dig Medusa's head?

Sushiman said:
Awesome work N0ught, love you long time :grin:

On a side note, is BLOOD being discontinued?

Yes. Eventually I may make several separate mods based on the content of Blood - the necromancer items I made there got the ball rolling for this mod, after all. :mrgreen:

Blood is simply too jam-packed with "hey I wonder if I can do this" content. Overall, it was a learning process for me, and well worth the time, as well as fun to play as it stands.

kekoaw said:
lol is it ok i if i take Stheno's armor XD i am now super powerful unstoppable  :mrgreen: :arrow: :razz:  and i love the mod  :grin:
how long am i suppose to keep on trying to grave dig Medusa's head?
SXIII said:
If nothing changed concerning the head, then there is a 1/256 chance that you'll find it.

Theres no problem with using Stheno's armor - personally I'm not into that, but hey, to each his own. Heh. :twisted:

But to get Medusa's Head, you have to first recruit Stheno. Then when you talk to her in your party you can ask her "Where is Medusa's Head?". She will tell you she hid it in a graveyard, and after that you have a 1 in 256 chance of finding it while gravedigging.

* Last night I squashed the "caught by the guards while graverobbing freezing up the game" bug! It will be fixed in the next version. Until then, be sure to save the game before digging!

* I also worked out the new bonuses for set items - and I have been conducting tests concerning which skills can and cannot be affected by inventory items. There are a surprising amount that do not work, and some are very hard to test. I will persevere though. :evil:

* It also seems that only one +1 bonus per skill is covered by the game - and I am not sure how to improve on this. I will keep trying. This does add the extra strategy element of replacing artifacts with worn equipment, to conserve inventory space, however. I kind of like it. And the elite sets have turned out to have three separate bonuses each, due to this discovery, making them actually much more versatile.

So yeah, some items will be losing bonuses, and some will be gaining them. I will also be adding flintlocks and normal cartridges to the game on the next release. I think you should have some opportunity to build firearms skill naturally before acquiring the Artificer's Blunderbuss.

Since there was such a terrible bug included with the current release, I will see if I can release another version this weekend, but no promises! Hopefully this hit-and-miss crap with the internet will be done with soon...

The Brad and Angelina of Calradia - coming to a town near you!! Lock up your kiddies before they adopt them or slay them :twisted:

mountblade2010-05-1918-45-48-60.jpg

Sounds good does the work that you're doing - glad to hear the grave-robbing bug has been squashed. I'm looking forward to the next release, as I'm sure many others are.

First I want to say that I absolutely love this mod!
I may have run into some minor bugs.
I found the two different pieces of necromancer equipment in stores going for six gold each.
and I had to pay for accommodations while graverobbing.
the graverobbing bit does make some sense though so maybe it was deliberate.

EDIT: I just found the Pox of red death at the market in Praven. for one denar.

Try downloading and ''reinstalling'' the mod again. This can happen if data gets lost during download.

Whilst assaulting  Grunwalder Castle, I noticed that 3 out 4 of my Artificers had no gun. Bug, glitch or just unlucky?

Hate to disappoint you, Kitty, but you'll have to download again...

UPDATE!!!

Version 15.13 "My Red Eye Black" is now available to download! Be sure to read the changelog, and check out the new strategy guide, included with the release file. I think I have all but eliminated bugs now - but feel free to prove me wrong! Suggestions, questions, screenshots and gameplay videos are, as always, very welcome.

Scavengers should be happy with this version, as all skill bonuses are applied to single items only - the mix and match possibilities are nearly endless now. I personally prefer the Shadowlord's set with Devourer for sheer brutality, a Burned Death Horse for speed, and the Artificer's Blunderbuss and Bearings, to reach out and touch my enemies. Until next time, boils and ghouls! :twisted:

Blargh! I just started on the last one, lol. I gotta download again. Disemboweling people have to wait 1 more day.

Back
Top Bottom