(Updated 10/03/2023) The Necronomicon - Download Page

Users who are viewing this thread

lol im actually after the two i said above first xD i wanna be a hunter :3 with a army of abomonations :3 for the rhodoks destorying the nords :3 with my awesome necroskillz :3

1) Under what circumstances can the player or NPCs (namely, Lords) die, or has permadeath for Lords not yet been implemented?
I think I've been able to slaughter enemy lords when, after capturing them in battle, choose the "Kill a prisoner" option. That way, they disappear from your group, and the database just says "The last time you saw this lord he was captured".

I'm yet to see If any of the 5 vaegir lords I disposed of this way come back to the game.

seriously....can anybody tell me where the **** i can find the hunter gear >.>? the hint confuzes me o-o

and where i can find the gorgon .-.?

start looking in villages where the hints suggest.
the heat of the desert for the gorgon, and the northwest peninsula for the hunter.

how do I get the new artifact items?

Lord_Frodo said:
start looking in villages where the hints suggest.
the heat of the desert for the gorgon, and the northwest peninsula for the hunter.

how do I get the new artifact items?
I think that new artifacts you can get by fighting legions, evil armys...

But i not enconter gorgon, neither the hunter  :cry:

What villages you can find them?

i know the desert for the gorgon but do i search castles and villiages aswell? or just citys

i dont understand what that means dude, what does a peninsula mean ?.?

or could you just tell me a line from what citys? or...is it past thir or wercheg cuz....the compass confuses me o-o

You look in villages (take a walk inside the village and check the NPCs). One of the villages is in the Khirgit area, the other is if you look towards the sea on the left side (the music actually gets sadder than usual when you get in the area).
Peninsula is an area of land that has water (sea or rivers) on 3 sides.

So far I want to say I love what you have done with this mod.

Swinging polearms from horseback is an excellent feature, and really appropriate for spade shovels or the Necromancer's Stroke. In the spirit of keeping my character a sorceress first rather than a career soldier, I have her using a spade shovel as her main weapon. :grin:

Obviously great theme work, the way the recipes work makes trade goods far more interesting and important to the game and that helps immerse you into the necromancer's mindset.

I love how you blended the Bloodfountain with the original history of Calradia, it fits together really well.

I like the time for grave robbing, since something I noticed was that one could rob graves at night until stocked up on corpses again, and still be able to hunt down bandits.

A positive effect of having eyes for the Evil Eye is that it makes eyes more usable as components and blood less the ingredient for everything. Using the Evil Eye to banish fog is awesome too.

Also some suggestions that I hope you find useful...

For undead troop trees, have separate recipes to create archers and cavalry. For example, archers need to be creating with the Evil Eye so they can aim or cavalry need the Death Horse provided for them to ride. This allows the necromancer to play a much more direct role in customising his troops. Abominations might be made from multiple top-tier zombies, possibly requiring a good Surgery skill to create?

I do find it strange having the Tier 1 zombie using swords and shields, since that seems more like regular soldiers than semi-mindless undead. Perhaps they could start at Tier 1 using improvised weapons like more clubs or hatchets and then one branch on the troop tree could focus on giving them swords and shields as they get more advanced.

2 main branches I can suggest for troop trees, Feral undead (more Athletics & Ironflesh, fast movers to swarm the enemy more quickly, still using improvised weapons) and Armed undead (better weapons and proficiencies, more Weapon Master & Shield, added armour, more for holding the line and a strong defence). For Revenants this would mean a branch with throwing weapons (stones and throwing knives at Tier 1, improving to throwing daggers & throwing axes, up to javelins and jarid) and a branch with bows or crossbows (probably more armoured as well). I am not sure what branches you could do for cavalry.

Another option to throw in are Possessed Undead, zombies with demonic features like small horns to make them more recognisable (distinguish them from lower-tier undead, for example).

Is it possible to have required levels in skills for recipes (such as Surgery 4 or higher to create a certain creature)? If it can be managed it would be very good for making Intelligence & Charisma more valuable again (since Strength & Dexterity are ironically the most important attributes for necromancers at the moment), and probably reflects some necromancers being better at magic than others.

I get what you say about preferring necromancers to be outlaws, but one of the side effects is that the necromancers happily team up with each other and with sea raiders but still attack or flee from me on sight. Rather than create a new faction, it might be easier to add non-hostile options for outlaws (some mods allow you to recruit bandits if you have low honour, there might be other bargains to strike with necromancers).

Manhunters could also be potential enemies. Add more manhunter parties around the map, give them mercenary support as well, and make it possible to fight them. They seem likely foes for necromancers who have not yet attracted the wrath of kingdoms.

Maybe some recipes involving live prisoners be sacrificed rather than corpses? They might be for special locations rather than the Necronomicon, or be important for quests rather than recipes. Or you might be able to summon evil spirits to possess captives (which might earn you favour with the underworld or something).

I love the idea of Stheno companion, it certainly has more flavour than meeting people in a tavern (and I am not sure I see most of the normal companions working for a necromancer at any rate). One idea I thought of is that maybe another route to the Horseman's Curse is acquiring the skull of the headless horseman. Another companion might be summoning a greater demon, although I've not thought that one through further or what it would require to summon him (possibly a lord or lady prisoner as a suitable host for the demon to possess?).

Quests. I love the mod, but the main stumbling block I find is that once I reach the Bloodfountain and it tells me to go out drinking the blood of livestock and children there is no incentive to go around slaughtering innocents (bandit corpses work just as well). Maybe a quest to prey on a village's children or lay a curse on a townsman or maybe earn/steal a token from a lord or lady that is then used to place a hex on them. Maybe try to sabotage a witch trial? These could be given by the Bloodfountain or an unholy altar or a village that practises necromancy in secret.

This idea may seem very silly, but if settlements or lords become hostile to you, that lowers your score (when you retire). Perhaps it might be possible to raise your relation with locations like the Bloodfountain/altar/cult to have friendly settlements to offset some of the enemies you make when you retire. It is probably a trivial feature with little effect on gameplay however.

Oh! I almost forgot, a plague/famine/corruption option in a siege. A necromantic spell or charm that allows them to greatly accelerate supply loss during a siege (so that a castle with 30 days food runs out far sooner).

Finally, I know there have been a lot of werewolf suggestions (which I don't particularly care about one way or the other), but the original werewolf folklore was just people who used an enchanted wolf-pelt to turn into a wolf. Just food for thought, they might be a potential advance from Scavenger or an artefact (furs, blood, silver?) for the player.

I hope you like these suggestions.

Finally found Stheno. She told me to find the bow and arrow in some cemetery that she wouldn't even tell me. I decided to take all her gear and kick her out I'm done playing around.  :cool:

Last_Pariah said:
Finally found Stheno. She told me to find the bow and arrow in some cemetery that she wouldn't even tell me. I decided to take all her gear and kick her out I'm done playing around.  :cool:

You made the daughter of a god into a handbag?  :shock: That is her skin and tail we are talking about here.

Back
Top Bottom