(Updated 10/03/2023) The Necronomicon - Download Page

Users who are viewing this thread

Ack! Being a sickly person sux! Anyway back now and I've missed a version already...but I saw that epic Reaper set and cried tears of joy :grin:.

I'm gonna download this asap and get right back to the killin of nations :twisted:

N0ught you seriously need to learn how to make patches  :wink:
Or add a download that contains only the changed files and instructions where to put them.

Patches, etc. are too much trouble. Since save files are not compatible across different versions, you might as well download a full new version anyway. :razz:

Not much to say at this point - I have been playtesting, and so far the only bug I have uncovered myself is the recipe for the Philosopher Stone goes to the advanced necromancy page when you click "No" (rats! forgot to change that!).

Anyone else experience any bugs? In a previous version I got an OPCODE ERROR when accepting a quest to meet a spy in a particular city - but I wonder if this is not a Native bug? not sure.

Anyway, the relative lack of posts after this last version tells me people are playing and having a good time, with no bugs. Which is, of course, exactly where I want them to be. I should have my own internet soon (tomorrow I hope). Which may lead to all kinds of inspiration where this mod is concerned. We will see. :cool:

Could you add a necromancer "faction", that attacks other factions or something?
Can you change the existing factions as well, so that we would have new factions to play with?
Thanks.

Nought,

this mod is absolutely amazing.  I've been following M&B mods since vanilla, and I have to say this is easily one of the best, period.  The armors are amazing, the weapons are amazing, the mounts are amazing, etc.  Necromancy is incredible, and Abominations pretty much pwn everything.  The only way this mod can be any better than it already is:

a) include the option to become a king (with [undead] vassals)

b) follow through on your quest-implementation idea.  I've only played one mod with a really decent quest line (Astorionar Adventurer Mod) and it had almost nothing in the way of new armors or weapons, but was still super fun.  Since you already have new armors/weapons/items/units/mechanics in abundance, your mod would be frickin awesome if you added a quest line (and I mean like a continuous quest line, a la elder scrolls).

Keep up the great work!

otakiram said:
This mod is released?
I don´t find the download link  :roll:

lol. is that sarcasm i detect? well, just in case some noob goes "OMGZ whut!? no download links? u sux!" the download link is in the first page.

This mod is very fun. The ability to make a pact with the devil is just what Calradia needed (or didn't need, depending on whom you ask).

I actually find the adamantine gear to be the creepiest. The helmet gives me strong Caligula vibes, and just imagine the sharpness of the blade: sharp enough to shave off your eyebrows from an arm's length away if it weren't busy slicing open your quivering chest and carving its owner's initials on your heart. Then moving on to the next victim.

Firstly, I'd like to thank the author of this mod for bringing unmitigated evil to Calradia, and the community for keeping this masterwork alive and in demand.

Before I proceed any further, allow me to state that I have read this thread, though it is entirely possible that I have overlooked or forgotten something. Having said that, I have two questions.

1) Under what circumstances can the player or NPCs (namely, Lords) die, or has permadeath for Lords not yet been implemented?

2) How does one obtain Artifacts? Do they have anything to do with "the Dark Legends of Calradia," the Artificer's Tools, or are they random drops in battle or in shops?

Thank you all, and may the Bloodfountain grant your darkest desires.

lol. is that sarcasm i detect? well, just in case some noob goes "OMGZ whut!? no download links? u sux!" the download link is in the first page.
No Sarcasm!
I am portuguese and barely can read the entire post correctly...
Thanks, My eyes are blinded, really! How stupid i am! lol

Deimos1313 said:
Firstly, I'd like to thank the author of this mod for bringing unmitigated evil to Calradia, and the community for keeping this masterwork alive and in demand.

Before I proceed any further, allow me to state that I have read this thread, though it is entirely possible that I have overlooked or forgotten something. Having said that, I have two questions.

1) Under what circumstances can the player or NPCs (namely, Lords) die, or has permadeath for Lords not yet been implemented?

2) How does one obtain Artifacts? Do they have anything to do with "the Dark Legends of Calradia," the Artificer's Tools, or are they random drops in battle or in shops?

Thank you all, and may the Bloodfountain grant your darkest desires.

1) Permadeath for Lords has not been implemented yet, no. From the research I have been doing, however, it seems it wont be hard to accomplish.

2) Artifacts are the Necronomicon, the Skeleton Key, and all of the skill items you can make or find, specifically the ones which give bonuses from the inventory - the Hand of Glory, Evil Eye, Pandora's Box, etc.

Anarion said:
This mod is very fun. The ability to make a pact with the devil is just what Calradia needed (or didn't need, depending on whom you ask).

I actually find the adamantine gear to be the creepiest. The helmet gives me strong Caligula vibes, and just imagine the sharpness of the blade: sharp enough to shave off your eyebrows from an arm's length away if it weren't busy slicing open your quivering chest and carving its owner's initials on your heart. Then moving on to the next victim.

Thanks for the props!  :grin:

Arcadius112 said:
I modified your mod, i Made new factions and troops,but don't worry,won't post it anywhere

Thank you for letting me know, and thank you for not using my stuff and posting it somewhere. I have actually had ENTIRELY TOO MANY "hey I already used your models in my mod - is that ok?" emails, in spite of the disclaimer on ALL of my mods stating that I generally do not release content.

Alverion said:
Nought,

this mod is absolutely amazing.  I've been following M&B mods since vanilla, and I have to say this is easily one of the best, period.  The armors are amazing, the weapons are amazing, the mounts are amazing, etc.  Necromancy is incredible, and Abominations pretty much pwn everything.  The only way this mod can be any better than it already is:

a) include the option to become a king (with [undead] vassals)

b) follow through on your quest-implementation idea.  I've only played one mod with a really decent quest line (Astorionar Adventurer Mod) and it had almost nothing in the way of new armors or weapons, but was still super fun.  Since you already have new armors/weapons/items/units/mechanics in abundance, your mod would be frickin awesome if you added a quest line (and I mean like a continuous quest line, a la elder scrolls).

Keep up the great work!

a) We will see, though with the shunned nature of necromancers I think they do better as outlaws. Besides, my own character has an army of 108 (three shadowlords, six homunculi, four golems and 95 abominations) and my own castle with hundreds of zombies - nothing except large faction lord groups will touch me, and even the other necromancers run away screaming when they see me approaching. Feels better than kingship, really.  :twisted:

b) I fully intend to. What would this mod be without a quest for the Telltale Heart, or the search for the Purloined letter. And how about that Cask of Amontillado? I have been considering adding Dupin - the character who is the crux of many of Edgar Allan Poe's stories - as the centerpiece for a quest-oriented storyline in the game. We will see what happens, but something will definitely come of all this.

Knightmaster said:
Could you add a necromancer "faction", that attacks other factions or something?
Can you change the existing factions as well, so that we would have new factions to play with?
Thanks.

Maybe. Adding a faction is difficult, and it may not have been fully completed in my other mod Blood either. The little details are hard to manage. Really though, I prefer the necromancer's as outlaws.

And the main factions will remain as they are, sorry - this whole mod is about bringing despair to the people of Calradia, and so I intend to keep the original content.

Anyhoo, thought I would answer some questions. Until next time, spiders and flies!

>.>
<.<

YOU ****ING BASTARD! D: you made me scared when i saw the abomonation up close O_O scary thing and for that...i must do this

*gets down on my knees and bows to you* YOU ARE THE GOD OF AWESOMNESS *builds a golden throne* ^^ your throne?

now also songs i was listening to as i was playing this mod....that really fit it:
waking the demon - bullet for my valentine
inside the fire - disturbed
hell - disturbed
dead man walking - bloodsimple (awesome song :grin:)
something diabolical - the bloodhound gang
scream - avenged sevenfold
enae volare mezzo - era (most of might not like this song but it does go pretty well if you have a undead army :3 DO NOT JUDGE MAH MUSIC TASTES!)

edit: could somebody tell me where to find the gorgon o_O? i cant find her >< also where can i find the hunter gear...? its so confuzzling! tell me on here, in pm w/e idc i just wanna know D:

Back
Top Bottom