Resolved "Unable to initialize Steam API" EPIC store. (singleplayer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.5.5.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Is this what this is? Dev's hotfix a game and make it so many ppl can't play and we can't even get solutions or response and now we have the only supposed solution to it is downloading a potentially virus infested file to play a game we paid for?

Honestly shocking state.

Imho the real problem is not in this particular dll file but the devs placed update for steam to epic games store somehow, by mistake I suppose.
I believe they should have 2 different versions of the update for different platforms - steam and epic games. And I guess the Epic game store product normally shouldn't ask for Steam API at all, this is absolutely illogical.
And I read this forum's ToS, it's totally prohibited to discuss any cracks or hacks here, so I guess I will be banned soon. :grin:

Imho the real problem is not in this particular dll file but the devs placed update for steam to epic games store somehow, by mistake I suppose.
I believe they should have 2 different versions of the update for different platforms - steam and epic games. And I guess the Epic game store product normally shouldn't ask for Steam API at all, this is absolutely illogical.
And I read this forum's ToS, it's totally prohibited to discuss any cracks or hacks here, so I guess I will be banned soon. :grin:
the fact that you are still not banned for 2 hours in addition to the report of some people here, gives me the signal that we are not getting a fix anytime soon

the fact that you are still not banned for 2 hours in addition to the report of some people here, gives me the signal that we are not getting a fix anytime soon
As I said before, I really doubt that they will be able to fix it today in 12/31

We are outside of daily work time, this might cause a delay for a hotfix. But this situation will cause lots of refunds as well, I'm sure of that.

[QUOTE = "R1919, příspěvek: 9610646, člen: 569721"]
Dobře, myslím, že jsem problém vyřešil! Přinejmenším našli dočasné řešení, dokud ho neopraví.
Co jsem udělal - našel jsem pirátský torrent pro 1.5.6, stáhl jsem pouze soubor steam_api64.dll (není třeba stahovat všech 40gb torrentů, pouze tento 600kb soubor) - přejmenoval jsem původní soubor na jiný název (pro každý případ), zkopíroval pirátský soubor steam_api64.dll do složky hry (například C: \ Program Files \ Epic Games \ Chickadee \ bin \ Win64_Shipping_Client) a hra byla spuštěna! :úsměv:

Nejsem si jistý, jestli je zde možné sdílet pirátské soubory DLL (jsem si docela jistý, že to není), ale umístil jsem to sem na 7 dní:
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't a community manager come and make an explanation at this stage? Don't all of Epic Game Store users who has Mount and Blade Bannerlord have this issue?

Ok, I'm not sure if it's eligible to share the pirate .dll files here (I'm pretty sure that it's not) but I've placed it here for 7 days:
1.4 Piracy, Hacks & Warez
It is prohibited to post links to cheats, hacks, malware, or anything similar. Any facilitation of infringement of copyright, or of obtaining materials that do infringe copyright, be it through explicit or implicit written suggestion or through supplying such materials directly, will be punished. This also includes any linking to websites that facilitate copyright infringement or supply materials that do infringe copyright and any promotion or endorsement of copyright infringement, or of obtaining or using materials that do infringe copyright. The exact punishment for violation of this rule will be decided on an individual basis, but it will always warrant at least a warning. In severe cases, violators may receive an immediate permanent ban.

If you have obtained any TaleWorlds games through piracy, you will be immediately banned from the forums. You may be allowed to return once you have bought the game and registered your serial key on the main site, which will show a game icon in your forum profile as evidence that your game copy is legitimate. However, this will be assessed on a case by case basis and is at the discretion of the administration team.

Last edited:
I would like to ask everyone else to stop deviating from the topic. You can try the recommendations from the developers at this link. If the solutions in this thread do not help you, please wait for a response from technical support. I would also like to ask you to share a screenshot of your error.

I would like to ask everyone else to stop deviating from the topic. You can try the recommendations from the developers at this link. If the solutions in this thread do not help you, please wait for a response from technical support. I would also like to ask you to share a screenshot of your error.

When you say; "please wait for a response from technical support." what exactly do you mean by that? Do we have to wait until the full release of the game, or will something be fixed in the near future? Because as far as I can tell, when searching around for this issue it's been around for 10+ months now judging by forums posts and help threads on various other sites relating to this exact same issue.

Screenshot of error: (again, nothing new this has apparently been posted before)
EPIC-store-error.png

bannerlord_error.png

It gives the error above just after clicking the play button on launcher. The game is Epic Games Store version.

It is prohibited to post links to cheats, hacks, malware, or anything similar. Any facilitation of infringement of copyright, or of obtaining materials that do infringe copyright, be it through explicit or implicit written suggestion or through supplying such materials directly, will be punished. This also includes any linking to websites that facilitate copyright infringement or supply materials that do infringe copyright and any promotion or endorsement of copyright infringement, or of obtaining or using materials that do infringe copyright. The exact punishment for violation of this rule will be decided on an individual basis, but it will always warrant at least a warning. In severe cases, violators may receive an immediate permanent ban.

If you have obtained any TaleWorlds games through piracy, you will be immediately banned from the forums. You may be allowed to return once you have bought the game and registered your serial key on the main site, which will show a game icon in your forum profile as evidence that your game copy is legitimate. However, this will be assessed on a case by case basis and is at the discretion of the administration team.
It's perfectly clear and it won't happen again but in my defense I can say that I've prevented 240+ ppl who honestly bought the game in the Epic Games store like myself from raging on the Tale Worlds in this NY eve and possibly prevented several refund demands. Any other day I would quietly wait for a fast hotfix myself.
I can also tell after searching the solution that this issue happens quite often from one update to another, and the developers could make some conclusions from earlier incidents to prevent from happening this bug again.

If piracy is prohibited, why do we have to crack the game we already paid for?

It's perfectly clear and it won't happen again but in my defense I can say that I've prevented 240+ ppl who honestly bought the game in the Epic Games store like myself from raging on the Tale Worlds in this NY eve and possibly prevented several refund demands. Any other day I would quietly wait for a fast hotfix myself.
I can also tell after searching the solution that this issue happens quite often from one update to another, and the developers could make some conclusions from earlier incidents to prevent from happening this bug again.
If piracy is prohibited, why do we have to crack the game we already paid for?
Guys, it's not so much about piracy, but more about the fact that you download files that can harm your computer and operating system.

You can try the recommendations from the developers at this link. If the solutions in this thread do not help you, please wait for a response from technical support. I would also like to ask you to share a screenshot of your error.
Nothing helped from the list. Screenshot? just white screen and window Unable to initialize Steam API . Played on Epic. Yesterday everything worked well. After update i can't start the game.

You can try the recommendations from the developers at this link. If the solutions in this thread do not help you, please wait for a response from technical support. I would also like to ask you to share a screenshot of your error.

I'm receiving the same error. The game was purchased on the Epic Games store, having Steam open does not help with the issue. I've attached a screenshot of the error:

Back
Top Bottom