Resolved Blue screen when saving or enter a battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: I installed bannerlord v1.2.8 on steam (first time I played).
- Firstly, the game would not open, it would freeze at the loading page, then the result was BLUE SCREEN video tdr failure.
- The first solution was to fully uninstall and then, reinstall the GPU drivers. It worked.
- After about 16 hours of playing, the game started to crush (same blue screen, video tdr failure) when I tried to save it (manually or even auto saving).
- At a time, when I wanted to save, I got the same video tdr failure, but before it, for a short period of time, an error message appeared on the screen "d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action."
- I found this error on a ticket, and I followed some steps to delete Shaders from Program Data folder and GLCache from nvidia folder. It worked for a period of time but also with some crashes when saving after about 2 hours of playing, and then again, it started to fail even more ofen. I repeated the process everytime I got a failure and it worked.
-Yesterday I got a new update for the GPU drivers, and since then I got a fail everytime I want to save or enter a battle. The stuffs with shaders won't work anymore.
-Now, again I did a reinstall of GPU drivers and deleted shaders from ProgramData and also GLCache from Nvidia folder. Still crushing.
How to Reproduce: I am not sure, maybe you can figure it out from what I wrote above.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no cheats, no mods. Clear gameplay.
Scene Name (if related):N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
OS: Edition: Windows 10 Pro, Version:22H2, OS build: 19045.3930, Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0.
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX1050Ti.
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.4633
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
RAM:8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
Motherboard: BB manufacturer : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., BB Product: GL553VE, BB Version: 1.0.
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD: CT500P2SSD8 (where the game is installed) and also I have an HDD: HGS HTS721010A9E630.

Small update. Failed again after finishing the BenchMark, this time, I was able to sent a report of the issue: 2024-01-27_12.42.48_7c5937d1b8869adf1eefac0a687ffb9b

Update: After a clean install, with all related folders of Bannerlord deleted, the game still crashes and I get blue screen again, when I want to save.

I've got the same issue. I've tried everything, even reinstalled Windows 11 and nothing helped.
Developers need to pay attention for this...

I've got the same issue. I've tried everything, even reinstalled Windows 11 and nothing helped.
Developers need to pay attention for this...
you have even a better PC then mine, so I guess your GPU should be able to handle the game.
I assume it is not a hardware issue, since I play other games with no problems.

you have even a better PC then mine, so I guess your GPU should be able to handle the game.
I assume it is not a hardware issue, since I play other games with no problems.
Yes, it definitely shouldn't be a problem with the hard drive, it's something about how the game interacts with it.
I tried to play even in 1080 at low graphics settings, and still get this error. GPU usage was no more that 15%

Although 2 years ago I played the Beta where everything was much more stable than now after the release.

I just hope it will be fixed in the next patch.

Hi, our team is aware of the benchmark crash. For the d3d issue you can try the workaround below. For bluescreen, could you try to switch to an older version on Steam, for example v1.1.5 and play there to see if the issue still persisting there?

Hello, unfortunately I had no chance to to play v1.1.5, in order to give you a feedback about what happened. About d3d issue, I did something that worked in the past. About the blue screen, last update is that in the v1.2.8 I played about 2.5 hours on the old campaign savegames, it crashed and after I reopened the game, it showed a message that the savegame is corupted.

Not really, I only get a small freeze of the game and then directly Blue Screen.

Small update regarding v1.1.5. I tried to play it but I get blue screen at the loading screen.

Hello! Sorry for the delayed answer, but I did not had a lot of time to still play. Yes I could check the temperatures. i would not say it is a HW issue.

It seems the problem solved itself:

Firstly, I updated the game to the last version,
Then, I updated GPU drivers to the last released and the game crushed at the loading screen everytime.
I tried a last thing that was deleting this folder :C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord, and then, simply starting the game.

I played some hours 3 weeks ago, and 2 weeks ago, and no crush occured.

Seems solved but I could not explan What was the real cause.

Back
Top Bottom