Resolved "Unable to initialize Steam API" EPIC store. (singleplayer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.5.5.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Yeah, decided to refund. Only have 9hrs and it was bought last week. This was the first experience with an update and Taleworlds failed it for me.
Had to email support for it and hoping to get a refund approved, it's not like this isn't a reasonable thing, I mean you pay for a game you can't actually play? Yeah.

Same problem here. I bought a game and I can't play it. It was working yesterday but today I get this Steam Api error some people are reporting.

Who thought it would be a good idea to upload a hotfix on 31/12? Besides, if they uploaded a hotfix that is breaking the game on new years eve, I guess they should have time to upload another hotfix fixing it. The did it once, why not twice?

Probably a refund here too.

Same problem here. I bought a game and I can't play it. It was working yesterday but today I get this Steam Api error some people are reporting.

Who thought it would be a good idea to upload a hotfix on 31/12? Besides, if they uploaded a hotfix that is breaking the game on new years eve, I guess they should have time to upload another hotfix fixing it. The did it once, why not twice?

I think the same I am seriously thinking about refunding the game

Yeah I agree, unlikely the company will have anyone working on 12/31 so if something goes wrong players are stuck and it's highly doubtful they will be back at work on New Years day so probably wont get a fix tmr either. Extremely frustrating that such a small patch that wasn't really needed imminently has lock a portion of the player base out of the game with no solution.

Purchased this game on epic store several days ago. Epic automatically started downloading an update - now I'm unable to play.

UNABLE TO INITIALIZE STEAM API

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I was about to refund but i checked one more time and it downloaded update. And its working! In 01/01 at 01:45. Oh man, you've eared my respect. And i'm sorry for you that you had to work instead of celebrating. It was ****ty year, ****ty new year's eve but we are going to hopefully better new year (and in small part thanks to you :razz:)

But for the future, for God's sake don't push at fridays or before holidays. It newer ends good :smile:

And don't worry. Guys from CP2077 had probably worse :razz:

Seems to be fixed now, yes. But I'm still curious why this seems to be an issue. From what I can tell you guys have had to hotfix this before.
as far as I can see they forgot to include tiny steam_appid.txt file to their 12/31 update package
now I think I could propose another workaround without using any suspicious .dll files just creating .txt file with steam pid (literally, 5 digits)
will save it for the next time when such issue will happen again like it was in october or yesterday :grin:

Thank you AJlexander and Gerald_B!

To those who ran off and got refunds, I hope you purchase again because Mount & Blade is a unique game series. One small little hiccup like a day without playing, during a beta too, is nothing worth refunding a game over, especially one as good as M&B is.

I also have the same mistake. I have a vacation at work and I planned to spend it in the game ... will have to get a pirate hat again

Back
Top Bottom