Um..the so called "Road Map" doesn't actually mention any new content....

Users who are viewing this thread

People trying to shut down concerns and criticism with the stupid "It's just an early-access!" line seem to be the exact people who have no idea what early access is for. If you're not going to voice criticism early on, then when the hell is the dev supposed to make the adjustments and improvements? After it's fully released? 10 years from now? Maybe in M&B 3?

You can complain all you want but when you have 100+ hours played and you only paid 50 dollars for it you’re being a little greedy especially considering game hasn’t even been released yet. Game is already well worth the $45 I paid for it, anything more is cherry on top. I got close to 200 hours already. Full game gonna come out in a year or so and that’ll be another 200 hours. Mods going to come out a few months after that and I’ll probably sink another 200 hours into them. Sure there’s things that they could add that they might not but at the same time there’s a good chance they will be added during or after EA. Game right now is a 7.5-8/10. People on this forum talk about it like it’s a 1/10, if it was you wouldn’t have all these hours

lmao yeah sure I have a lot of hours in the game when I was scratching the surface of the game and learning the systems. I never played warband. But after awhile, the sheen wore off and the systems became exposed for what they were. The game feels really shallow to play now and now I only do MP, can’t go back to SP.

The game has a lot of features not enabled or not yet fully finished. Makes sense (well, to me at least) to first deal with these, finish what is started or half baked, and then move on to new content. For example: rebellions are in the game, just not enabled (I have enabled it on my own game with a mod). Or workshops have levels, and could level up, but the UI for it is not there yet. Peace and war declaration was in the game, but the UI was missing, only accessible from conversations - they have just added the UI in e1.4.1.

During creating mods I have seen that the game is incredibly complex and has many-many (hidden, or not so obvious) features and incredible complexity. I didn't play Warband, so I can't compare it to that one, but this one sure seems like a very deep and complex game already.

It is however not yet ready. (And it is clearly stated as such officially.)

I'm I frustrated by missing "basic" features, bad AI, missing perks, bugs in the dozens? Of course I am! Still I have played with the game for many-many hours and enjoyed it much.

The team puts out patches almost daily, certainly weekly at the moment. This gives me hope that this will be finished, and it will be a great game. Not tomorrow, not in 2 or 3 month, but less then a year now. That list seems to be a short-to-mid term list anyway, as some parts of it are already on the beta after only days of the list got published.

Have a bit of a patience and hope for now.

The game has a lot of features not enabled or not yet fully finished. Makes sense (well, to me at least) to first deal with these, finish what is started or half baked, and then move on to new content. For example: rebellions are in the game, just not enabled (I have enabled it on my own game with a mod).

Yeah there is code for many things that are not finished/enabled yet. Rebelions are one thing.
Another thing is code for "Ambush" map entity, we will probably see ambush battles eventually.

Shutting down thedev blog when 3 years ago they committed to more open communication is a bad sign imo.

I think this is the real problem. The communication is terrible, and that causes players to come up with their own theories about the development process. Its great that some devs like Mexxico comment so candidly in the forum threads, but they're not supposed to be the community liaisons and they shouldn't be our only source of information.

Callum has been largely awol during this EA, only posting the patch release notes and making a stray comment here and there. He could head off so much of the negativity if he would start putting out some kind of regular dev diary. Give us an idea of what the teams are working on. How do they feel the ea is going? What's giving them challenges? What's working well and what isn't working? What do they hope to add in the future?

I don't need to have a formal road map with the whole dev process planned out in detail for the next 2 yrs, I just want some idea of what's coming next so I don't have to guess and come up with wild theories.

I think this is the real problem. The communication is terrible, and that causes players to come up with their own theories about the development process. Its great that some devs like Mexxico comment so candidly in the forum threads, but they're not supposed to be the community liaisons and they shouldn't be our only source of information.

Callum has been largely awol during this EA, only posting the patch release notes and making a stray comment here and there. He could head off so much of the negativity if he would start putting out some kind of regular dev diary. Give us an idea of what the teams are working on. How do they feel the ea is going? What's giving them challenges? What's working well and what isn't working? What do they hope to add in the future?

I don't need to have a formal road map with the whole dev process planned out in detail for the next 2 yrs, I just want some idea of what's coming next so I don't have to guess and come up with wild theories.

Hit the nail on the head with this one I think. Honestly developers really should not do communication of any kind for a professional game, it's not their job and they generally are not very good at it (*cough* No Man's Sky *cough*).

We get broken cash grabs from EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft routinely. Should we be surprised smaller studios follow the effective business model?

It could have been a special game, but wasn't. Not the first time; will not be the last time.

I know what to expect from them now and they only collected what--for me--is not even a dinner out with my wife.

There are interesting indie games coming out all the time.

Has any work been done on the Kingdom aspect of the game yet? Managing a kingdom was eye roll worthy incomplete when I played a few weeks ago. Lost interest and decided to check in today to see if that is fleshed out a bit yet.

So if you review the statement put out by the developer Duh_TaleWorlds you will see that it does not actually include any mention of new content or features.

Funny that, the very first thing on the list is
Kingdom & Politics
  • A sandbox option that will allow players to create their own kingdom independent of the main storyline
Which is a clear addition of new content and is just one in a long list...and it also ended with.
Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone. We will adjust them if the need arises.

Really disgusted with these threads taking up most of the forums.This community is so toxic filled with trolls and people just wanting to be disruptive. Steam and Steam players have destroyed this community.

We get broken cash grabs from EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft routinely. Should we be surprised smaller studios follow the effective business model?

It could have been a special game, but wasn't. Not the first time; will not be the last time.

I know what to expect from them now and they only collected what--for me--is not even a dinner out with my wife.

There are interesting indie games coming out all the time.

That seems a little... Apocalyptic.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

(I amuse myself)

In all seriousness though, I have been through EA cash grabs and trust me, this is not what they look like. I wish this was the worst experience I ever had...

Funny that, the very first thing on the list is

Which is a clear addition of new content and is just one in a long list...and it also ended with.

Really disgusted with these threads taking up most of the forums.This community is so toxic filled with trolls and people just wanting to be disruptive. Steam and Steam players have destroyed this community.

A sandbox option is not new content....and neither are any of the things they posted.

Player kingdoms exist in the game, adding an option to let a player make the kingdom faster is not new content.

I'm really disgusted with the fainbois who can't think critically taking up most of the forums. The community of fanbois is so toxic with trolls and people just wanted to be disruptive.

Get a grip you troll.

A sandbox option is not new content....and neither are any of the things they posted.

Says options giving a completely new way to play the game is not content...
Ignores the part about "first thing in the list" to continue to push a false narrative...
Ends by calling the person saying this forum is overrun by trolls and people wanting to be disruptive a troll.

My point fully proven. Thank you.

Says options giving a completely new way to play the game is not content...
Ignores the part about "first thing in the list" to continue to push a false narrative...
Ends by calling the person saying this forum is overrun by trolls and people wanting to be disruptive a troll.

My point fully proven. Thank you.

Again, since you can't read apparently; here we go again... Player kingdoms exist in the game. Allowing the player to start their kingdom faster is not new content. You might need to take a nap, you seem really grump and incoherent. This whole thread, with a hundred replies and thousands of views has been very civil and a good discussion. You are actually the first toxic person to show up. Please go, we don't need toxic trolls like you.

ALSO - I JUST RESTATED YOUR QUOTE! LOL

Last edited:
Player kingdoms exist in the game. Allowing the player to start their kingdom faster is not new content.

You cant start as a player kingdom, being able to do so IS NEW. You are only here to cause disruption and hate...if I used the section about new QUESTS you would just say that because there are already quests in the game, new quests is not new content. You are not here for facts, only to cause chaos and that is why you always call anyone that does not push what you want to hear a troll and attack them personally...always attack them personally. You are what has destroyed what was a great community here and one can only hope that eventually TW will start to ban accounts like yours.

You cant start as a player kingdom, being able to do so IS NEW. You are only here to cause disruption and hate...if I used the section about new QUESTS you would just say that because there are already quests in the game, new quests is not new content. You are not here for facts, only to cause chaos and that is why you always call anyone that does not push what you want to hear a troll and attack them personally...always attack them personally. You are what has destroyed what was a great community here and one can only hope that eventually TW will start to ban accounts like yours.

Well the thousand of people who have viewed this thread and hundred who have added to it can make up there mind about who "has destroyed what was a great community here and one can only hope that eventually TW will start to ban accounts like yours".

You are the only toxic person i've encounter on these forums. You are projecting right now. Please go get a snickers or something.

@StewVader you do come across as overly confrontational whenever anyone disagrees with you, to be fair (e.g., your answer to my post on the first page of this very thread). You might find better acceptance by being less abrasive in the way you express yourself.

You might need to take a nap, you seem really grump and incoherent.

This doesn't add anything to your argument and only serves to escalate conflicts further.

@StewVader you do come across as overly confrontational whenever anyone disagrees with you, to be fair (e.g., your answer to my post on the first page of this very thread). You might find better acceptance by being less abrasive in the way you express yourself.

This doesn't add anything to your argument and only serves to escalate conflicts further.

Perhaps. There is missing context here (He decided to troll me from another thread discussion), but no reason to continue it here.

imo, and I hope I'm wrong, they were already disorganized during the entirety of the development, now with COVID they must be even more disorganized, so I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'll be communicative.

BTW, roadmaps for development do not require dates. There's a reason why they call it "roadmap", have you ever seen a road map that has dates on it? Nope, yeah, pretty self explanatory.

They could point out when they want a thing to be done, but it's not a deadline. Also, they don't need to expose every single detail on a road map, it's not mandatory, they can simply give a guideline in it, and it'd fine. But given that I have my opinion that I've just said over there, I think they have no Deadlines what so ever and are working in a free for all logistic. So nobody really knows what they're going to be doing in a few months, that's my guess at least. I think all they can do is what was already "announced" through the sticky, and for me that's good enough.

imo, and I hope I'm wrong, they were already disorganized during the entirety of the development, now with COVID they must be even more disorganized, so I wouldn't get my hopes up that they'll be communicative.

Can you explain further when you say "disorganized during the entirety of development"? I'm curious what you mean - (i'm not attacking you). I genuinely would like to know what you mean in more detail.

Back
Top Bottom