Turtle Knights - OSTRACIZED FOR SUCCESS IN RECENT YEARS AND NOT <=2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Fietta said:
They're not capitalising on the mistakes, heat of the moment mistakes always happen; once a mistake is made in the first round, the potential to steam roll the set is much greater. You're right in saying most top teams could ultimately come down to punishing mistakes when they occur numerous times during a match, but the point is, this isnt two top tier teams fighting, it's one top tier team and one underdog team with an awful system in the mix.

Bro you keep saying that you congratulate NA but you’re literally trying to undermine this current team by saying that these matches don’t prove anything and by saying that team NA are straight up underdogs which implies that the opponents they’re facing are better and NA shouldn’t be winning.  Just own up to it, you don’t want NA to have any chance in NC and you hate canadians and americans

sigi1 said:
Fietta said:
They're not capitalising on the mistakes, heat of the moment mistakes always happen; once a mistake is made in the first round, the potential to steam roll the set is much greater. You're right in saying most top teams could ultimately come down to punishing mistakes when they occur numerous times during a match, but the point is, this isnt two top tier teams fighting, it's one top tier team and one underdog team with an awful system in the mix.

Bro you keep saying that you congratulate NA but you’re literally trying to undermine this current team by saying that these matches don’t prove anything and by saying that team NA are straight up underdogs which implies that the opponents they’re facing are better and NA shouldn’t be winning.  Just own up to it, you don’t want NA to have any chance in NC and you hate canadians and americans

Am I not allowed to congratulate them for winning, regardless of my opinion of them? No one denies that NA are underdogs (underdogs dont mean bad, but if you're a seed 2 team against a seed 1, you're an underdog), I'm just stating **** that people already know, I can congratulate you for winning, because you won? That's got nothing to do with my opinion of NA. I want NA to have an opportunity to play; but fairness should be taken into account and a reasonable option should be considered. Home and away just ain't it.

Bro Poland blew Castellum on their own server. End of story. Losing 0-3 to a North American team that litterally never practices ever on a European server. I’ve never seen such a terrible collapse of a team in all the years I’ve watched this game. They were outplayed on their own server. There is no other argument to be made. Christ.

Maybe you’re just salty that the North American team has achieved more than any UK team ever despite all your great players. That UK vs France match was a dumpster fire.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Bro Poland blew Castellum on their own server. End of story. Losing 0-3 to a North American team that litterally never practices ever on a European server. I’ve never seen such a terrible collapse of a team in all the years I’ve watched this game. They were outplayed on their own server. There is no other argument to be made. Christ.

And I congratulate you for your win, can more suggestions be made about changing the system instead of Americans backing up American teams; the performance is subjective and due to the system, it's impossible to really tell who's better, even if there was a choke on the last set, you could agree on this also. But its clear there needs to be a new system in place, so let's get some ideas - netcode in Bannerlord is worse so it will be useful for then too.

Roberta_Baratheon said:

Maybe you’re just salty that the North American team has achieved more than any UK team ever despite all your great players. That UK vs France match was a dumpster fire.

Absolutely correct, Poland ****ed it on their home server in the last set when they had been leading all match. Alyss and Lag pulled out some mental shots right at the end, guacc also had great last set, but it's a fact that Poland messed up and lost on the home server.

Though Rob, since you're arguing with Fietta, maybe you should keep your insults solely on Fietta :lol:

Gibby I can understand you're angry that I commented on your 2v2 ability, but dont drag it to every conversation on the forums please.

Roberta_Baratheon said:

Roberta, this tournament was the only tournament I ever applied to be in the UK team, and I wasnt there for the France match, so I dont care.

I read all of your **** and I still have no idea what you are arguing for, unless you got some forbidden treasure maps about a hidden continent between NA and EU then I literally dont see why you are arguing anything. Rob & Gibby are right, they lost on home turf fair and square, they chocked. end. of. story.

Sincerely,

- The WPL2 Champion

Gorlock said:
I read all of your **** and I still have no idea what you are arguing for, unless you got some forbidden treasure maps about a hidden continent between NA and EU then I literally dont see why you are arguing anything. Rob & Gibby are right, they lost on home turf fair and square, they chocked. end. of. story.

Sincerely,

- The WPL2 Champion

Great, my argument is about the current home and away system, yet every American is replying to the wrong part of my post...  :sad: :sad:. I don't know how many times I have to congratulate NA on their win, but it seems I have to do it to every American to prove my main point is about the system and not about NA themselves.

Fietta said:
Gorlock said:

Sincerely,

- The WPL2 Champion

Great, my argument is about the current home and away system, yet every American is replying to the wrong part of my post...  :sad: :sad:. I don't know how many times I have to congratulate NA on their win, but it seems I have to do it to every American to prove my main point is about the system and not about NA themselves.

Fietta go back and read the past 4 pages and then maybe you will understand why people aren't replying to the "right parts". You've changed what you are saying and keep giving different reasons while also having more than one argument, making this thread a dumpster fire.

Again, there isn't a very good system for solving the ping disparity, home away is garbage but so is everything else. The most fair thing about home away is the fact that it sucks for everyone involved lol

We apologize to the person from the UK who thinks the obvious solution to the home and away discussion is to just put the server in the UK. It was wrong of us to assume you were biased and you clearly have the greater good of the community in mind.

The NA team is in the finals because they deserve to be there, period. Seems that needed to be cleared up, as I couldn't find that too clearly in Tardet's post.

Don't worry Watly, I have aready taken the path of redemption to atone for my wrongs and restore trust and respect with the NA community. Until that is achieved, you shall know me as Darth_Tardet.

In all seriousness, maybe the timing of my post, straight after the match, didn't help not making look like I was undervaluing NA's performance but atleast unlike certain people, I did not start calling out the home-away system just after it caused issues for EU. I know it's the best compromise we got to allow teams from outside Europe to partake in such a tournament but I never liked it and never will, no matter who ends-up on the losing end of it.

With that being said, it wasn't my intention to imply that NA only won because of that. And people should know me well enough to acknowledge that, would NA win again against us in the grand-final, I will be the first one to congratulate them for their deserved title of champion.

If that doesn't convince you, then maybe the huge amount of time I am putting into the hype content/coverage, in order to make this a proper and unforgetable grand-final, will.

ServeAndFolly said:
We apologize to the person from the UK who thinks the obvious solution to the home and away discussion is to just put the server in the UK. It was wrong of us to assume you were biased and you clearly have the greater good of the community in mind.

Having a server in the UK would be better if the majority of the NA team is situated in east coast, much like when EU play in NA, they always play the east coast NA servers and do just fine. If you want me to bring maths as to why that is, I'll gladly spend a couple of hours proving to you why it's better.

Watly said:
The NA team is in the finals because they deserve to be there, period. Seems that needed to be cleared up, as I couldn't find that too clearly in Tardet's post.

Great, so as I said before, I congratulate NA for their win, I didnt necessarily say it wasn't deserved (because they beat Poland on away) but the system allowed NA to win majority sets in the other sets because of the home and away system (home usually wins all the sets). Anyone else feel I'm unclear or shall I reply to the next 15 people who come up saying NA deserve it. Sheesh, people just need to read.

Fietta said:
If you want me to bring maths as to why that is, I'll gladly spend a couple of hours proving to you why it's better.

Enter the mind palace of Fietta, self-made puzzles across every wall.

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Fietta said:
Having a server in the UK would be better if the majority of the NA team is situated in east coast, much like when EU play in NA, they always play the east coast NA servers and do just fine. If you want me to bring maths as to why that is, I'll gladly spend a couple of hours proving to you why it's better.

It's really just not I think you're under estimating just how large the US and Canada are lol

Thunderbeu said:
Fietta said:

It's really just not I think you're under estimating just how large the US and Canada are lol

Hey, did you forget that I'm commenting on the current team being east coast? If you can easily form a capable NA team which is pretty much east coast USA then why do home and away?

Back
Top Bottom