Turtle Knights - OSTRACIZED FOR SUCCESS IN RECENT YEARS AND NOT <=2012

Users who are viewing this thread

Whenever old players try to talk about how the competition was strong back in 2011-2013 someone should just link videos from then. What an absolute joke. Ridiculous armor, no bump lancing and barely any bumping. Not a single good archer shot in that entire scrim lol. Terrible infantry play and cav just running into spears on an open field.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Whenever old players try to talk about how the competition was strong back in 2011-2013 someone should just link videos from then. What an absolute joke. Ridiculous armor, no bump lancing and barely any bumping. Not a single good archer shot in that entire scrim lol. Terrible infantry play and cav just running into spears on an open field.
A downgrade from the 2010 gang

Roberta_Baratheon said:

It's pure fantasy, but it would be cool if we could run a NA_2011 vs NA_2019 scrim. Just to see how much the Golden Era of competitive is seen through rose colored glasses. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

to commemorate the victory of NA over Poland, and the first time NA REPRESENTS IN THE FINALS OF NC id like to throw it back to when the CANADIAN TEAM dabbed on the polskis as well way back in 2017!!

CANADA 9 - 4 POLAND
duBo3kI.jpg
fUa5QVf.jpg
fwgdv38.jpg
UJHdnZl.jpg

Thunderbeu said:
to commemorate the victory of NA over Poland, and the first time NA REPRESENTS IN THE FINALS OF NC id like to throw it back to when the CANADIAN TEAM dabbed on the polskis as well way back in 2017!!

CANADA 9 - 4 POLAND
duBo3kI.jpg
fUa5QVf.jpg
fwgdv38.jpg
UJHdnZl.jpg

LET'S GO BOYS

Gibby Jr said:
Thunderbeu said:

CANADA 9 - 4 POLAND
duBo3kI.jpg
fUa5QVf.jpg
fwgdv38.jpg
UJHdnZl.jpg

LET'S GO BOYS

kel said:
Gibby Jr said:
Thunderbeu said:

CANADA 9 - 4 POLAND
duBo3kI.jpg
fUa5QVf.jpg
fwgdv38.jpg
UJHdnZl.jpg

LET'S GO BOYS

Thunderbeu said:

CANADA 9 - 4 POLAND
duBo3kI.jpg
fUa5QVf.jpg
fwgdv38.jpg
UJHdnZl.jpg
OHHH CANADAAA

Proud of you boys

Sorry for double post but this is very different. Been super busy so I'm just now tuning in to the whole NA/Poland drama. Not sure where to post now that threads are locked so I will post here. Mods please feel free to move this or even remove this if you feel you should.

Tardet said:
I'm not gonna pretend I am happy about the way that match was played but that's the consequence of the home-away system. Basically, no matter what you do, you will always put one team at a disadvantage. If we had played on a Polish server, NA would have likely lost because the ping difference was simply too important. So it doesn't matter who wins or who loses, at the end of the day that's not the idea I have of competition because you are left with something unsolvable yet you have to make a choice which is going to impact a team's run in the competition. With that being said, we knew it from the start and if we didn't want to deal with it, then we should make it a European Cup, not a Nations Cup one.

I am sincerely sorry Poland feel like they got stolen. No matter what you believe, there was no intention from the admin to **** you guys over. Watly can confirm it, I was looking forward to playing you in the grand final and get a rematch, just like we had for the United Kingdom and Turkey. As I said, we were simply left with either penalizing you or NA and if we had opted for a different solution, NA would now be in the same place as you, complaining about the unfairness of the situation.

I'm not happy about what happened tonight but I don't have an actual fix for it, except playing between nations within the same timezone.

This feels pretty hypocritical to me, considering I spent YEARS fighting for more fair server consideration for Team Canada, and we pretty much always played home/away games with a pretty significant disadvantage. We were pretty much always brushed off.

It reminds me of 2013:

Scar said:
Nations Cup
— 2013 —

Tournament Summary

Group A

L-POL.png

[td]
L-RUS.png

[tr][td]
Poland

[td]
[size=8pt]Russia

[tr][td]
[size=6pt]SEED 1
[/td]
[td]
SEED 2[/td]

[tr][td]

[/td]

[tr][td]
L-ITA.png
[/td]
[td]
L-CAN.png
[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]
Italy[/td]
[td]
[size=8pt]Canada[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]
[size=6pt]SEED 3
[/td]
[td]
SEED 4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
L-GRE.png
[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]
Greece[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]
[size=6pt]SEED 5
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2EVeTPr
[/td][td]
2EVeTPr
[/td][/tr]

[/td][td]
POSTEAMNAMEPLDWDLRWRLRDPTS
[td][size=8pt]Russia[/td][td][size=8pt]4[/td][td][size=8pt]3[/td][td][size=8pt]0[/td][td][size=8pt]1[/td][td][size=8pt]47[/td][td][size=8pt]16[/td][td][size=8pt]31[/td][td][size=8pt]9[/td]

[tr][td][size=8pt]2[/td][td][size=8pt]Poland[/td][td][size=8pt]4[/td][td][size=8pt]3[/td][td][size=8pt]0[/td][td][size=8pt]1[/td][td][size=8pt]44[/td][td][size=8pt]16[/td][td][size=8pt]28[/td][td][size=8pt]9[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td][size=8pt]3[/td][td][size=8pt]Canada[/td][td][size=8pt]4[/td][td][size=8pt]3[/td][td][size=8pt]0[/td][td][size=8pt]1[/td][td][size=8pt]39[/td][td][size=8pt]21[/td][td][size=8pt]18[/td][td][size=8pt]9[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][size=8pt]4[/td][td][size=8pt]Italy[/td][td][size=8pt]4[/td][td][size=8pt]1[/td][td][size=8pt]0[/td][td][size=8pt]3[/td][td][size=8pt]23[/td][td][size=8pt]37[/td][td][size=8pt]-14[/td][td][size=8pt]3[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][size=8pt]5[/td][td][size=8pt]Greece[/td][td][size=8pt]4[/td][td][size=8pt]0[/td][td][size=8pt]0[/td][td][size=8pt]4[/td][td][size=8pt]0[/td][td][size=8pt]63[/td][td][size=8pt]-63[/td][td][size=8pt]0[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][td]
2EVeTPr
[/td][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][td]
2XJSUCy
[/td][/tr]

[size=8pt]FIXTURES

[size=8pt]Week 1Week 2Week 3Week 4Week 5
[/td][/tr]

[/td][/tr]

2EVeTPr

[/td][/tr]

At the time I felt that a really good tournament performance was stolen from us. We didn't move on to the Knockout Stage because our W/L was worse than Russia and Poland, which is obvious because every match we played was home/away, so our W/L will always be worse than other teams. If you think about it, rounds won on away servers are a lot more significant than regular rounds, they should almost be weighted more heavily or something.

I brought this to the attention of the admins at the time, and basically was told "thank you for your input NA ***** *****, good luck next year" (jk Deacon was super nice about it iirc). Believe it or not, these issues can be discussed 1 on 1 with admins rather than posting salty cancerous nonsense all over a tournament board.

Basically my point is I totally feel Poland's pain, and I know a semi-finals match is more significant than simply qualifying for knockout stage, but this is not a new problem and now that it has affected an EU team the same way it has always affected NA (more specifically Canada) suddenly it has been made into a big deal :???: feels like a bit of a dismissive post-"**** you" to a lot of effort and participation I (we) put in over the years.

Congrats again NA! Wish I could have been participating this time around!

Back
Top Bottom