• Uruks/uruk-hai

Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

well the broken bonus for helping allies is whats being exploited, I hope it will eventually be fixed, or the reward for winning your own battles increased.

the marshall of my enemy faction got stuck in the known place near aldburg o_O its gona be an easy game unless he gets unstuck or I move him.

@tralfaz also I only found recently ctrl+space speeds up time :wink:

slowpoke_pokemon_RE_Answer_Questions_with_Pictures_GAME-s275x300-247413.gif

BREAKING NEWS! BACKSPACE opens up a tactics menu with a radar/minimap! HOT STUFF!

It's news to me.  What did you do, read every word of the manual, instead of just what you needed to get started?  :mad:
PS  Glad to see you figured out the

Tralfaz said:
It's news to me.  What did you do, read every word of the manual, instead of just what you needed to get started?  :mad:
PS  Glad to see you figured out the tags.  :P
[/quote]

Yeah, I have a mind-fogging infection to blame, what's your excuse?

:lol:

robindelang2 said:
Can i get somehow arrows back after a period of time in a battle/siege and more waves every battle

loot around, some of your or the enemy archers dropped arrows no doubt.

I steal the ones from the orcs.

Otherwise, you *could* store some in your inventory, and access it mid-battle.

Anyone notices that Orcs archers are too weak?
I'm playing as Archer and end up having archer fight everytimes, I received 2-3 arrows per fight but they all do 0 damage. I got 44 Body Armor from my Robust Rivendell Leader Armor though. Imo, an arrow to the chest should be hurtful, even with superior equipments and enemy's bad arrow quality  :???:
Uruk-hai Archers are good enough though, they managed to knock me down 1-2 times if I got too close
Btw, You guys did a great job on buffing Mt.Gundabag Orcs  :grin:, their warg riders are real threats now!

Arzeal said:
Anyone notices that Orcs archers are too weak?
I'm playing as Archer and end up having archer fight everytimes, I received 2-3 arrows per fight but they all do 0 damage. I got 44 Body Armor from my Robust Rivendell Leader Armor though. Imo, an arrow to the chest should be hurtful, even with superior equipments and enemy's bad arrow quality  :???:
Uruk-hai Archers are good enough though, they managed to knock me down 1-2 times if I got too close
Btw, You guys did a great job on buffing Mt.Gundabag Orcs  :grin:, their warg riders are real threats now!

Its been noted and will be changed (from the main forum).

What does the Entish Water actually do?

I used it from the camp menu and couldn't notice much difference so now I'm just curious.

Regarding the poll.  I really like playing dwarves, but when fighting wargs in numbers, getting bowled over every two seconds makes playing a race that cannot ride anything frustrating. 

The thought that occurred to me was to make dwarves more resistant to getting knocked over, since they are extremely stocky and low to the ground (like the short guy hockey players in the good old days) - very hard to knock over.  I'm not sure if it is worth it to you all, but I think that would make a foot-based game as a dwarf much more enjoyable and entertaining.

p.s. I tend to prefer balancing weapons so that bows are useless against armor. It is more historical.  In European history, arrows could not pierce chain mail until the 14th century when English longbow got to a draw weight of about 150-200 pounds (which took a lifetime of training - English longbowmen were literally irreplaceable per generation).  Chain mail always had about 4 inches of tight cloth padding beneath it.  Chronicles describe knights walking off the battlefield looking like porcupines because they had so many arrows stuck in their chain mail without doing any harm.  During the crusades, Saladin told his troops not to waste ammo shooting at knights, but rather to aim for the horses.  Getting thrown from a horse, getting run through with a couched lance, or getting a dagger in the eye, armpit or groin were the only ways a knight in mail at that time could get killed in battle.  The scene of Faramir's charge getting shot down by arrows in the movies is a complete violation of military history - not even the English longbow could penetrate solid-steel breastplate, much less puny orc bows.

Sp00nlord said:
What does the Entish Water actually do?
I used it from the camp menu and couldn't notice much difference so now I'm just curious.

Should make you stronger and grow you a beard. Even if playing a female character. Dunno if the coders managed to make it work tho.

Limehill said:
Regarding the poll.  I really like playing dwarves, but when fighting wargs in numbers, getting bowled over every two seconds makes playing a race that cannot ride anything frustrating. 

To be honest, people expressed several times they want "tossable dwarves", and we thought bowlable ones would be even funnier. Seems to be working :smile:

NEjkoPEjko said:
For Elven players.
Did you get Glorfindel? I dont think he is worth 500 rank points now i mean come on. He is not THAT good.

Ask the she-elves how good he is and does he deliver the bang for the buck...

This is a fantastic mod, and I enjoy playing it immensely. Sadly it is developed by some of the most arrogant douches i've ever seen in the modding scene. They have been actively deleting helpful comments by users attempting to help one another play the game , or get it running. As well as any and all negative feedback about the game. I can't condone that.

If at some point they decide to start treating their fans with a modicum of respect, I will restore my rating to the '10' I had given it previously.

...and a bit of a nice review from ModDB  :lol:
Finally a fair appraisal of us.

NEjkoPEjko said:
For Elven players.

Did you get Glorfindel? I dont think he is worth 500 rank points now i mean come on. He is not THAT good.
Does it matter? You want rank points to get the rank 10 reward anyway. He's just a nice side effect.

Plus, Glorfindel solo'ed the strongest of the Balrogs, and killed it. He's one badass mofo.

Back
Top Bottom