Votes: 209 11.6%
  • Elves

Votes: 409 22.6%
  • Dwarves

Votes: 190 10.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

QuailLover said:

Again, this won't work for TLD - there are several reasons why. Even if you manage to hack TLD to load into Warband (not easy to do), it will be a broken game, unfit for playing. Buy the original MB - the mod alone would make it worthwhile several times over.
Or wait and see if we are going to actually port to Warband.

trueten said:
If there is battle moral system implemented, I'd be really happy if it would be optional.
Not in the current release, and not very likely in the near future. There was a running debate on this and the team was split. While it would have been cool to see cowardly orcs (or puny humans) running away, it's a hassle to do properly and some people don't like the chasing around the battlefield part.

I realize the "warband" topic is very tired, but I am curious; theoretically, will there be any practical difference between playing it on warband and playing it on M&B 1.011? Ive got both, so Im just curious what any "theoretical" differences would have been.

Your most recent screenshots look stunning, and frankly I couldn't tell the difference between it and warband... but the mod does have some graphical modifications installed into it, correct?

Other than that, cant say I'm a fan of some of the combat animations in normal M&B, does the mod utilize its own?

Hypno Toad said:
I realize the "warband" topic is very tired, but I am curious; theoretically, will there be any practical difference between playing it on warband and playing it on M&B 1.011? Ive got both, so Im just curious what any "theoretical" differences would have been.

Less features, as Warband doesn't allow all the stuff to be modded that M&B does.

Your most recent screenshots look stunning, and frankly I couldn't tell the difference between it and warband... but the mod does have some graphical modifications installed into it, correct?

No. Romainoir used some hdr for some screenshots, you can install that individually, I don't have it on my screenshots. Otherwise it's just trying to pull the best out of the graphics, while still trying to keep textures small and game running. Also no armour bumpmaps like in WB here. If you can't live without them, you won't like TLD.

Other than that, cant say I'm a fan of some of the combat animations in normal M&B, does the mod utilize its own?

Answered many times before. No. Noone made them. Opinions split among users whether new are better or not.

Warband has a better lighting system and seems more optimized. Larger battles are possible.
MaB's animations and combat in general are different, but to my surprise not necessarily worse.

Why so many people ask so many quastions? In my opinion it will be better to wait and play on Monday. We will see everything in that day.  :razz:

MadVader said:
Buy the original MB - the mod alone would make it worthwhile several times over.

This a thousand million trillion times.

Also, ****ing finally! I have been waiting since 2.4 and never gave up hope. Congratulations and thanks for making this mod happen. :smile:

Most of these questions have already been asked once... Or twice... Or a hundred times... And since I've been following the mod for so long I mostly know the answers they are gonna give. I feel like a fanboy...

Czu_Czu said:
Why so many people ask so many quastions? In my opinion it will be better to wait and play on Monday. We will see everything in that day.  :razz:

Simply, 4 months left for doom so we may not have chance to play it. :l

Kazzan said:
Most of these questions have already been asked once... Or twice... Or a hundred times... And since I've been following the mod for so long I mostly know the answers they are gonna give. I feel like a fanboy...
Same. I feel ashamed when I see so many people asking questions that I already know the answer to, shows that I have no life wasting my time following a mod for a game. But then, I realize that this is not just any game, but this is Mount & Blade, and then I realize that this is not just any mod, but this is the Last Days of the Third Age, and I grin in a sinister fashion.

I can't be the only one suspecting overloaded servers on the 31st. I'm pretty sure it's been thought of already but using a torrent as a download option would probably do good.

Back
Top Bottom