Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

Users who are viewing this thread

Can an educated individual please explain a few things?  First, is it possible (and if so, how to do it) to start a map from scratch, or maybe even to delete towns, castles and villages?  And second, how do you assign a town, castle, village to a faction?  Thank you, Thorgrim for this program, and special thanks to anybody that answers my questions, thanks.

To start a map from scratch, you can choose your terrain in the bottom left, then just click File -> New Map, and it should paste that terrain everywhere.

I think the concept to delete towns/castles/settlements is to just remove them from the module_parties.py file?  If you are trying to text edit parties.txt you could probably delete settlements without a big problem (maybe) but towns/castles would be referenced in other files so that would mess things up.  Towns/castles are assigned in module_scripts.py, search for 'script_give_center_to_lord' and 'script_give_center_to_faction_aux', no clue how to modify this with text editing tho.

I looked around, tried the search feature, probably missed the answer but I'll still ask here in case a generous soul offers advice...

Whenever I try to edit, it crashes. I can look around, browse the little menu, but when it comes to actual editing(as soon as I left click) it crashes.

Any idea why and how to fix?

I have a hunch that it doesn't work with the latest version of M&B. I'm thinking it's may some thing to do with the bump-mapping on the textures, because when I load up a map, the colors are all whacked.

You can however, install it and use to to edit maps from an older version, and just copy the map.txt and parties.txt over, and it works fine.

Llew2 said:
I have a hunch that it doesn't work with the latest version of M&B.I'm thinking it's may some thing to do with the bump-mapping on the textures, because when I load up a map, the colors are all whacked.
Works just fine for me, with nice colors. Most of related files (map.txt and all textures) did not change since 1003. Parties.txt probably changed, but that does not spoil it for me.
Wacky colors shold not prevent you from map editing, as there are lots of things map editor does not display correctly anyway :smile: You should always check how it looks in game.

It tells me that it "could not open texture files"... Multiple times to then exit with a runtim error message.

What exactly is the problem and how to solve it?

My M&B folder is in D:\m&b1.010\Mount&Blade. In the settings file, I wrote "mbPath=D:/m&b1.010/Mount&Blade"
I don't know what else to do. I tried setting it in brackets, using \ instead of /... Nothing worked.

Hmm, you sure you removed quotation marks?

E.g. my
Code:
mbPath=C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade1003
works ok, but it does not work when I put quotation marks
Code:
mbPath="C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade1003"
, despite space in a path making quotation obligatory for other windows programs.

If this is not the case, then it can be the dot. Try install MB to a path w/o dots and direct editor  that way

Alright so, ***** me if you will, but, I can't seem to find an answer for this.

I installed the game. Everything is ok.
I installed the map editor. Everything is ok.
I used the map editor. A couple of errors, but, unrelated and fixed.
I then had to install a second copy of the game so that I could replace some editted files.

Thing's now go wrong. The map editor keeps using the new directory for the module's location (Desktop, rather than D:\program files\etc.)
I tried uninstalling the new copy then reinstalling the Map Editor, but now it gives me the Files Missing error.

BASICALLY: How can I tell the map editor where to find the right directory?

Obviously I could just move my entire original copy into the place of the new copy, but, that's just messy... I'd use that as a last resort.

Help? =[

"ARB_texture_compression extension not found"

does anyone know what's up with mine not working even though my drivers are updated? Is there a thing I could download or something that would fix the thing?

Has anyone found a work around for ati cards in which the editor freezes when trying to "paint" terrain on the map.  The editor freezes, and the cpu usage jumps to 100%.  I have messed around with the settings, and still no success.

grailknighthero said:
Has anyone found a work around for ati cards in which the editor freezes when trying to "paint" terrain on the map.  The editor freezes, and the cpu usage jumps to 100%.  I have messed around with the settings, and still no success.

I finally got the map editor working, but now I have exactly this problem. I can still fly around the map and click on the the buttons on the bottom but whenever I left click anywhere on the map it just freezes. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom