This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Boiling it down to a bland statement is meaningless. To achieve your aim, TW would have to implement a lot of new features and code. Why haven't they done this as they're not blind to player comments? Either they disagree with alternative visions or they are overloaded with higher priorities. Probably both.
The bulk of EA saw TW firefighting bugs/crashes to stabilise and optimise performance of the game on pcs, limiting their scope to add new features (although lots of new features, scenes and assets were added). Guess what, releasing console versions and custom mp servers has introduced a new round of firefighting bugs/crashes in those arenas.
AFAIK it might be some time before that dust settles and TW can re-schedule their priorities. The first round of pc firefighting wasn't quick.
There are still areas where the modding tools have suffered neglect due to TWs primary focus on eliminating crashes and game-breaking bugs for players.
In any event, I can't see TW adding anything outside of their published roadmaps, other than as future DLCs, whatever anyone posts.
I don't disagree with that, yet I think that's concerning and hence why I've been so annoying about it.
The real challenge's managing player retention to tank through these difficulties and priorities, I don't think I can endure longer than a couple months from now, and I am a very persistent person... - say we turn 2023 with no full support towards the modding tools, and absolutely no quality focused patches are pushed to improve the bland state of the game, I'll be gone from here indefinitely... I won't say I'll never come back, yet it's obvious it won't happen unless I'm bored to death...

Bc, in WB you are free to declare yourself king as soon as you get enough military power but you get a reaction from lords that they do not recognize you as a ruler. But in BL, as soon as you get to clan tier 4 somehow magically some button appears in UI and you can declare yourself as a ruler. What an immersive way this is. What a advancement from WB this is.
To be fair, TW did take the button away, now you have to talk to your governor. The point still stands though that warband had a more consistent rule: you take fief alone, you are a rival faction and are treated as such. In Bannerlord you can squat and nobody cares, you can punk fief after fief and only the faction you mess with cares and is incapable of attacking you if you pay them off: until you get to rank 4 and have conversation with you governor and suddenly it's open season on you.

To be fair, TW did take the button away, now you have to talk to your governor. The point still stands though that warband had a more consistent rule: you take fief alone, you are a rival faction and are treated as such. In Bannerlord you can squat and nobody cares, you can punk fief after fief and only the faction you mess with cares and is incapable of attacking you if you pay them off: until you get to rank 4 and have conversation with you governor and suddenly it's open season on you.
well the game's objectively bad, denial or not...
Combat's unbalanced and we are limited to either cheesing the mechanics or tanking through anti-player truman show... After you successfully pull a certain % of power by converting lords, than you can go FFA and sit in your town forever because there's no way the AI will manage to win against your own vassals, be mindful that you will lose fiefs if you do that, but your vassals will retake those with ease, that's due to Omniscient AI which will use it to constantly backdoor your faction, yet it can't hold against your vassals at all... Not only that, you'll have nothing to do really other than setting silly self-imposed objectives...
The game lacks rewarding mechanics and challenges both, once you hit late game the game's basically dead...

Other argumentative pts that surfaced for me during the latest patches are world scale (I find the scaling of battle maps and actual world locations to be really small - one 500 men army if scaled properly would take 3 to 4 cities' space in the campaign map, yet they've shrunk the relative size of the party leader in it and doesn't consider the amount of ppl we're leading. It's really weird.... The best way would be to upscale the battle maps at least 2x the current size to be a little more consistent. And finally bad implementation of the banner system, it's cool but it's "glitchy"...

Last edited:
To be fair, TW did take the button away, now you have to talk to your governor.
I did not know that, thank you.
In Bannerlord you can squat and nobody cares, you can punk fief after fief and only the faction you mess with cares and is incapable of attacking you if you pay them off: until you get to rank 4 and have conversation with you governor and suddenly it's open season on you.
This really does not make any sense and I refuse to believe devs do not see this as a nonsense. They really making everything to make the player job easy even if the things they make defies common sense.

You think the community has been polite all these years?
Taleworlds literally wasted hundreds of hours of our time for some of us. So much of the feedback alpha testers have given has been ignored, and the same feedback is still being given now. The class system was criticized on day 1, TW argued that casual players would like it. They are actually the ones hating it the most because they can't go naked, or chose their gear more freely.
When TW offered alpha and beta keys, it was to TEST their game, and they did nothing with it. In their eyes, we were only bugs and glitches testers.
Hundreds of pages were written for nothing because they were naive, lazy, and arrogant. It's perfectly normal for people to be rude now. The time for politeness was over the second TW made it clear they didn't care about player feedback.

Taleworlds literally wasted hundreds of hours of our time for some of us. So much of the feedback alpha testers have given has been ignored, and the same feedback is still being given now. The class system was criticized on day 1, TW argued that casual players would like it. They are actually the ones hating it the most because they can't go naked, or chose their gear more freely.
When TW offered alpha and beta keys, it was to TEST their game, and they did nothing with it. In their eyes, we were only bugs and glitches testers.
Hundreds of pages were written for nothing because they were naive, lazy, and arrogant. It's perfectly normal for people to be rude now. The time for politeness was over the second TW made it clear they didn't care about player feedback.

Damn right.

I have been a gamer since the early 80s. I'm 45 years old ... and never ever have I found myself this angry with a game developer. They deserve every insult they get. They've earned them all. Every single one.

Like Alyss said. It's the sheer arrogance they have shown ... and the "We dont give a flying ***k " attitude to their very loyal community.

Personally spealing, I'm so glad that RockPaperShotgun and IGN are exposing their complacent and mediocre efforts for what they are.

Last edited:
Are you trying to argue that the community was ever polite in its criticism, or are you trying to justify that it wasn't? Because the latter is kinda my point.

There were lots of constructive feedback at the beginning of EA but after one year, people mostly gave up.
There's lots of constructive criticism today as well, which doesn't reduce the amount of bile from other users.

Absolutely there was outright enthusiastic, rabid support by the majority of present day "Haters" for years. You just havent been paying attention long enough.
There is never rabid support without rabid opposition. Just because many of current haters were fawning about it back then, doesn't mean there hasn't been a fair share of vitriol from day 1. I've seen the comments.

Hello folks! The arguments in this thread have become tedious. However, I find myself wishing to comment so I will. As a console player, I was deeply angered over warband. I've played taleworlds games since that funny rpg they put out in the early aughts. I watched pc players enjoy dlcs and oodles of mods. I was jealous and angry they wouldn't carry over stuff to Xbox. I swore off any TW but bannerlord. I haven't even been to this website in over 5 years. I was angry.🤬. Now I hope they are porting dlc and some form of modding to console. If they do this, I will buy what I want if possible. This game does not suck. It needs work, yes. And they have stated thus. This is possibly a 5-10 year game post launch to fully realize. Let's just hope they pull it off on ALL platforms. Work hard TW. You have some trust to prove on consoles after some of your past issues.

Are you trying to argue that the community was ever polite in its criticism, or are you trying to justify that it wasn't? Because the latter is kinda my point.
It certainly was polite from the beginning of the closed MP beta in 2019. Once TaleWorlds stated they were unwilling to budge on some key issues, the tone of feedback began to degrade. Source: me, a moderator responsible for monitoring those boards at the time.

It certainly was polite from the beginning of the closed MP beta in 2019. Once TaleWorlds stated they were unwilling to budge on some key issues, the tone of feedback began to degrade. Source: me, a moderator responsible for monitoring those boards at the time.
I'm not going to go back 500 pages to dig up old dirt, so I'm just going to take your word for it. Personally, I remember a lot of not-so-polite commentary already some months after Bannerlord was announced, some 12-13 years ago, with people grumbling about lack of updates. It seemed Bannerlord was ever going to remain a pie in the sky until it was actually released. This is usually not conducive to filling people with a sense of satisfaction, as it takes more to meet expectations the longer the wait.

Damn right.

I have been a gamer since the early 80s. I'm 45 years old ... and never ever have I found myself this angry with a game developer. They deserve every insult they get. They've earned them all. Every single one.

Like Alyss said. It's the sheer arrogance they have shown ... and the "We dont give a flying ***k " attitude to their very loyal community.

Personally spealing, I'm so glad that RockPaperShotgun and IGN are exposing their complacent and mediocre efforts for what they are.

Life is good if this is your biggest worry.

Now think about your blood pressure, old man. Take a deep breath and walk your 10.000 steps for the day.

A small quote I'd like to leave with:

"You act like mortals in all that you fear, and like immortals in all that you desire."
Seneca - On The Shortness of Life

Last edited:
Damn right.

I've asked it 100x before - but why not just move onto something else?

Have you heard of 'We Who Are About To Die'? it's a single developer making a gladiator sim with M&B esque combat. He is extremely active in his little community and relies a lot on people to playtest and bug report for him. I've helped him abit bugtesting and even made the reddit banners for him to save him some time. He is launching soon and could desperately use play testers / support.

Take that passion - and come use it for something productive. There is no point feeling angry about something for years on end - you will put yourself in an early grave.

Last edited:
Why not link to Highelf's thread that he made for his game on this forum?

I am saying it was polite in the beginning. Taleworlds crossed the line of disrespect first by taking its customers for idiots.

Does TW use another site/medium to interact with the community? From what I've gathered, they treat their own forum like a ghost town.

but why not just move onto something else?
Bc hope(tm) never dies. Bc this franchise worth fighting for. Bc some miracle could happen and TW could change its policy or they could make use of these feedback and build their next M&B game, accordingly.

These are enough reason for me and I think these are enough for stevepine as well. So your suggestion is meaningless at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom